The most important 2 sliders. - Page 30 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #233
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
What page is the sliders on that you used for Pro? I don't feel like going through 20 some pages again lol :P
See my post to hoosjerbengal.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 11-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #234
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

OVR: 0

Ok I've tried the settings in the OP. There might be something here. However, passing has become a little too easy. I played it through 2 games. I'm going to try 25-75 next. I think If I make reaction a half less of what it originally was and with coverage a half more, it might be what I'm looking for.
Old 11-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #235
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
Ok I've tried the settings in the OP. There might be something here. However, passing has become a little too easy. I played it through 2 games. I'm going to try 25-75 next. I think If I make reaction a half less of what it originally was and with coverage a half more, it might be what I'm looking for.
Actually, before you change gameplay sliders I would suggest changing changing penalty sliders. If passing is too easy try DPI at maybe 60 and OPI at 40, you will be surprised the difference this change will make. If passing is still too easy try DPI/OPI 90/10.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #236
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Actually, before you change gameplay sliders I would suggest changing changing penalty sliders. If passing is too easy try DPI at maybe 60 and OPI at 40, you will be surprised the difference this change will make. If passing is still too easy try DPI/OPI 90/10.
There is no effect on gameplay from the penalty sliders.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #237
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
Sorry but I have to disagree with this. I have witnessed it myself, by changing no other sliders except the DPI/OPI penalty sliders, you can drastically affect the passing game. This also holds true for the run game by changing the FS, OS and Holding penalties. Just what I have seen.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:20 AM   #238
Rookie

rezneffix's Arena

Quote:
Sorry but I have to disagree with this. I have witnessed it myself, by changing no other sliders except the DPI/OPI penalty sliders, you can drastically affect the passing game. This also holds true for the run game by changing the FS, OS and Holding penalties. Just what I have seen.
It's definitely interesting how intertwined the sliders are. I wish we had explicit detail on how they affected every aspect of the game. Too bad we are left with endless guesswork.
Old 11-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #239
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
I have to disagree here....For a quick example, raise "PR Interference" and "Roughing the Kicker" by 25 points; then even drop "Clipping" to 33, and then play a game and observe the changes to the run game.
Old 11-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #240
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

Quote:
I think you have just seen different types of games. Thats the way the game is supposed to be. Don't overthink it, or if you want to- consider predetermined outcomes, penalty sliders don't factor into what one "player"'s skills have been determined to kind of "super-cede" the opposing "player"'s skills. That happens based on individual skill and skill slider adjustment. So I do believe you've seen what you say you've seen, but I think you're attributing it to the wrong thing.

Think of a play where you are on offense, and all 11 of your players' skill defeats all 11 of the defenders to the furthest degree, you would have basically every defender pancaked and your running back with an easy path to the endzone, probably turning around and running back through the field of bodys and juking just for fun. Now, what would the penalty slider impact on that play? Nothing, the player skill and skill slider allowed your ratings to dominate the other ratings and those players "lost"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »