The most important 2 sliders. - Page 31 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-17-2014, 02:52 PM   #241
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Quarterback accuracy is the most important slider IMO and nothing else is even close. It affects the overall intelligence of the AI not just how accurate they throw passes what receivers they target and probably what plays they call.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #242
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
I think you have just seen different types of games. Thats the way the game is supposed to be. Don't overthink it, or if you want to- consider predetermined outcomes, penalty sliders don't factor into what one "player"'s skills have been determined to kind of "super-cede" the opposing "player"'s skills. That happens based on individual skill and skill slider adjustment. So I do believe you've seen what you say you've seen, but I think you're attributing it to the wrong thing.

Think of a play where you are on offense, and all 11 of your players' skill defeats all 11 of the defenders to the furthest degree, you would have basically every defender pancaked and your running back with an easy path to the endzone, probably turning around and running back through the field of bodys and juking just for fun. Now, what would the penalty slider impact on that play? Nothing, the player skill and skill slider allowed your ratings to dominate the other ratings and those players "lost"
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on this. I have tested it extensively and the only explanation is the penalty sliders affecting the gameplay. I basically played the same game in an offline CFM multiple times to get a baseline and determine what I could expect to see from that game and the majority of the time the games played very similar. Of course they were not all identical as they shouldn't be, that would ruin the game completely by taking out any randomness from it. However I believe you can get a very good idea on how things are playing out. This particular game more often than not was a low scoring affair with fairly good running from both teams but pretty lack luster passing from both teams. Now, by only changing the DPI/OPI penalties and nothing else, I see a completely different game. The passing game opened up and there was a lot more scoring. You can say it's the player ratings but that doesn't make sense to me. I played 5 games and only one had a score of over 17-10, but after changing the penalties I suddenly started seeing scores like 37-24, 31-28, 23-34, etc. There is no way the player rating caused this sudden change in the way the game played. Just my opinion but I think most people would agree the penalties most definitely affect gameplay to at least some degree.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 11-18-2014, 01:48 AM   #243
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have tried alot of sliders and these seem to work the best, thanks for all the hard work. Have u been seeing any fumbles at all? I think I seen 2 in like 3 games one by the CPU 1 by me. I'm also having a hard time picking off the CPU any suggestions? Thanks I'm also playing on the 360.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:34 AM   #244
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

I think I found the right balance for me. Somewhere around 30-35 for reaction and 65-70 for coverage.

Last edited by Joshua_85; 11-18-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #245
Rookie

rezneffix's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
I think I found the right balance for me. Somewhere around 30-35 for reaction and 65-70 for coverage.
I have to agree with you. I think that worked for me pretty good as well.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:55 PM   #246
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

no it's fine, you can be right, I don't care enough. there, you're right- you are smart, I am very stupid- you have a lot of money, I'm homeless- you have a very impressive wang, mine is not large. there, we never have to argue. i feel better already.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #247
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

I wish I could fix the glitch of backup DE's subbing in for my backup DT's, but I don't think there's a way to do that.
Old 11-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #248
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Ok after playing through a season and still having to continue to mess with the sliders every game and have to keep replaying each game at least half a dozen times to try to get it right and still the game not acting like it should, I'm giving up. Madden is still a crap game and the devs are still amateurs at best. EA Sports, it's not in the game. It's just lazy programming with a bunch of hype.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »