The most important 2 sliders. - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

Am I the only guy seeing an enormous amount of passes in the flats? I don't understand what I am doing wrong. What speed do you have these on? I was using normal.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2014, 12:00 PM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
I guess you didn't watch the Packers and the Hawks game they both dink and dunk the entire game..

This game plays out very well and if you knew how to audible your defense to prevent underneath routes you would see what I'm seeing a perfect game nope a very good game yep!!
Really? Now how should the flat be open on cover 2 and 3 zones while playing underneath? That is just not right, sorry.
Are you playing man a large portion of the time to give the cpu a chance? Every single time in that panther game, as soon as DA had pressure he dumped it off in the flat for 1-2 yards....which should show you how open he was, the yardage.

Last edited by viking12344; 09-13-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:37 PM   #43
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
Really? Now how should the flat be open on cover 2 and 3 zones while playing underneath? That is just not right, sorry.
Are you playing man a large portion of the time to give the cpu a chance? Every single time in that panther game, as soon as DA had pressure he dumped it off in the flat for 1-2 yards....which should show you how open he was, the yardage.
No it shouldn't, I mix it up a lot, if I'm getting torched through the air I will start bringing out an extra DB, if i'm getting hammered on the ground I will bring eric berry up in the box out of the base 3-4. I cover the flats on obvious passing downs- and I think you may need to adjust the sliders to fit your game. one thing I have realized is that CPU run blocking set any lower than 53 completely brakes their running game, so I would go for 53-57 range and see if they feel the need to throw it out there every time.

Also, are you up big in these games? are they tight? how many completions to the outside do they attempt/complete? there are a lot of variables I would need to know about your particular game before I could tell you which slider I would adjust.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:07 PM   #44
Banned

Your sliders are very good rushin, I am just frustrated with the mess ea left us. I have run into this with other slider sets and I am beginning to think it depends on the qb you face. Anderson is the backup and he was looking for the safe throw immediately. He just would not throw down the field even though he did have opportunity too. When he felt pressure it was a quick throw to the flat covered or not...which accounts for the 30 yards on 9 completions.

My comments in the above post were directed at someone who just loves the game and is willing to look past the unrealistic aspect of it, which is fine, until he suggests I cant call an underneath scheme even though the yardage total pretty much says I have.

Anyway, I am gonna shelf it until the patch and hope they fix it. Good luck man.
Old 09-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
Your sliders are very good rushin, I am just frustrated with the mess ea left us. I have run into this with other slider sets and I am beginning to think it depends on the qb you face. Anderson is the backup and he was looking for the safe throw immediately. He just would not throw down the field even though he did have opportunity too. When he felt pressure it was a quick throw to the flat covered or not...which accounts for the 30 yards on 9 completions.

My comments in the above post were directed at someone who just loves the game and is willing to look past the unrealistic aspect of it, which is fine, until he suggests I cant call an underneath scheme even though the yardage total pretty much says I have.

Anyway, I am gonna shelf it until the patch and hope they fix it. Good luck man.
Oh I was just saying maybe I can help, but I believe I have seen what you are talking about, Alex Smith does the same thing (I cut his *** then played against him in the playoffs twice.. wtf?) Yeah I do think they tried to add some sort of QB personalities into the game, if they would let us access more settings, it could probably be tuned to look exactly like a real game. But we will never be able to do that, and neither would EA because actually there is no way to perfectly simulate what 22 humans would do with 22 separate CPU processes. This is only so close to what real life will look like opposed to what it will play like in a game. Maybe in a couple decades, but I can't speak to that, I only understand so much. If you are waiting for a patch or this game can't be enjoyable to you- I would suggest selling high friend, I saw many people say they can still get 40$ for Destiny (which I actually really like that game) and they were happy because if they wait, they will get less. So, thats what i've always done with games I can't enjoy. I'm personally amazed that they can make a game that looks this much like real football, thats a real achievement in my opinion, I'm grateful to be able to play it. I don't work for EA or anything, I just love football and games.

edit- or play onilne, I have a lot of great games on there. it's fun too. even if their uncontrolled DB's play like psychics

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 09-13-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:44 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 2

So I just played a game packers me vs bills CPU with the QB slider at 10 and the WR slider at 75 like the armor & swords sliders have but with reaction at 10 and pass coverage at 70 both ways. I won 23-10 hear are my passing stats.

packers
aaron Rodgers 25-41 277 yards 2 td 1 int 60 com%

BUF
EJ MANUEL 18-28 115 yards o td o int 64 com%

Now something I liked was when I play with the reaction slider at default or even like 30 I fell like there are to many close outs and defected passes with it at 10 this game I felt like I didn't see that has much and that there where more plays where the coverage caused an incompletion without getting there hand on the ball ever time.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:00 AM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
So I just played a game packers me vs bills CPU with the QB slider at 10 and the WR slider at 75 like the armor & swords sliders have but with reaction at 10 and pass coverage at 70 both ways. I won 23-10 hear are my passing stats.

packers
aaron Rodgers 25-41 277 yards 2 td 1 int 60 com%

BUF
EJ MANUEL 18-28 115 yards o td o int 64 com%

Now something I liked was when I play with the reaction slider at default or even like 30 I fell like there are to many close outs and defected passes with it at 10 this game I felt like I didn't see that has much and that there where more plays where the coverage caused an incompletion without getting there hand on the ball ever time.
my last 3 stat lines with mine (very slightly altered)

21/29 for 234 yards, 3 TDs 2 INTs
12/30 for 215 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT (played terribly)
19/31 for 331 yards, 3 TDs 1 INT (also didn't play well)

the CPUs QB stats
mike glennon 23/39 for 269 yards, 2 TD 2 INT
sam bradford 19/30 for 204 yards, 1 TD 2 INT
tom brady 24/32 for 295 yards, 3 TD 0 INT

edit- mine are with a 99 ovr. QB who doesn't have a WR over 70 ovr. but a TE that catches pretty good, not great, but pretty good. the 21/29 stats was the game when my star WR got hurt.

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 09-14-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:26 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
my last 3 stat lines with mine (very slightly altered)

21/29 for 234 yards, 3 TDs 2 INTs
12/30 for 215 yards, 2 TDs 1 INT (played terribly)
19/31 for 331 yards, 3 TDs 1 INT (also didn't play well)

the CPUs QB stats
mike glennon 23/39 for 269 yards, 2 TD 2 INT
sam bradford 19/30 for 204 yards, 1 TD 2 INT
tom brady 24/32 for 295 yards, 3 TD 0 INT

edit- mine are with a 99 ovr. QB who doesn't have a WR over 70 ovr. but a TE that catches pretty good, not great, but pretty good. the 21/29 stats was the game when my star WR got hurt.

WOW that 1 game 12/30 that is ugly lol
So in those 3 games you are 52/90=58% and a average of 260 yards a game and the cpu is 66/101=65% and a average of 256. So I just played another game this time I turned up the QB slider form 10 to 15. I fell like on 10 there are to many passes that are off even if they get caught to many are thorwn behind the WR where they have to reach back and it costs them being able to run after the catch. I may even turn it up to 20. Ever thing else was the same has the game before.

Packers me
28-38 yards 73% 347 td3 int1
Raiders 19-26 73% 249 yards td1 int0

So seeing the raiders going 73% I fell is to high I may have to up the pass coverage slider form 70 to 75 and I felt like I wasn't getting quit enough pressure on the qb and in the game I had no drops and the CPU had just 1. I may have to lower wr slider form 75 down to 70 will play a few more games before I do anything though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »