The most important 2 sliders. - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

The most important 2 sliders.

This is a discussion on The most important 2 sliders. within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #57
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The most important 2 sliders.

I absolutely love these sliders as far as the pass game goes. However, I'm running into the same issue - I'm absolutely GASHING the defense on the ground. I play as the Eagles, so naturally, the run game should be (and is) my primary offense, but I'm regularly rushing for at least 150 yards with McCoy and anywhere between 50 and 100 with Sproles. Now, again, I'm using the Eagles who have a dominant run blocking offensive line (Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Herremans, Johnson), but 250 yards on a regular basis??? WOW!

I've tried a number of slider sets: these, BlueNinja, Armor & Sword, Charter04 and have always put up great rushing stats. Only on a handful of occasions have I been held in check, and when I say held in check, I mean McCoy's hovered at the 100 yard mark. Last season, McCoy broke the 100 yard mark 7 times and the 200 yard mark once (1607 yards on the season) and the Eagles broke the 100 yard mark 13 times and the 200 yard mark 5 times (2566 yards on the season).

I just don't know how much of it is because of my playcalling/user skills, the sliders, the ratings/matchups, and whether it's just how it should be...

Other than lowering the run blocking slider, I don't know what to do, any suggestions?

RIP J.J.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #58
Season 2

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The passing game for both me and the CPU is very enjoyable now.
  • Super human plays by defenders are now non-existent.
  • Play Calling and the talent level of your defense actually matters.

• So does getting quick pressure on the QB.
  • All routes are viable now if you have time to throw.
  • Pass break ups and Picks are very rewarding now, because like real games, there are only around 2-8 combined per team per game.
  • The realistic reaction time for defenders now gives WR's a fighting chance to out fight them for the ball more often than not.
  • YAC is more realistic because if the play call was poor or the defenders are sub par then the other defenders aren't on the receiver in .5 seconds on every catch.

I could list many more observations, but suffice as to say, that this was an excellent discovery.

Also, I'm not seeing the super easy running game either.
I dont get this. Ok nothing against anyone whos buying both or whatever but when I buy a NBA game I want the most accurate and best graphical game possible and by accurate I mean all current players, arenas, equipment. Not some bum from the 80's
Old 09-15-2014, 09:38 PM   #59
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyHitter55
I absolutely love these sliders as far as the pass game goes. However, I'm running into the same issue - I'm absolutely GASHING the defense on the ground. I play as the Eagles, so naturally, the run game should be (and is) my primary offense, but I'm regularly rushing for at least 150 yards with McCoy and anywhere between 50 and 100 with Sproles. Now, again, I'm using the Eagles who have a dominant run blocking offensive line (Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Herremans, Johnson), but 250 yards on a regular basis??? WOW!

I've tried a number of slider sets: these, BlueNinja, Armor & Sword, Charter04 and have always put up great rushing stats. Only on a handful of occasions have I been held in check, and when I say held in check, I mean McCoy's hovered at the 100 yard mark. Last season, McCoy broke the 100 yard mark 7 times and the 200 yard mark once (1607 yards on the season) and the Eagles broke the 100 yard mark 13 times and the 200 yard mark 5 times (2566 yards on the season).

I just don't know how much of it is because of my playcalling/user skills, the sliders, the ratings/matchups, and whether it's just how it should be...

Other than lowering the run blocking slider, I don't know what to do, any suggestions?
I would lower it, I have seen Jamaal Charles career average is almost 6 yards a carry, thats about what I get when I factor in the big runs (I might get one maybe every couple games), and my back up has 4.1 yards per carry average, I have a decent offensive line in the game (it's the most important group on the field!) so these seemed right to me. To be honest, I don't pay attention to other teams, I do know Jamaal has an abnormally high yards per carry average and that was my metric, so maybe a lower setting would be right, you maybe have an offensive line with 99 confidence (did you win the superbowl?) or maybe just a great running back. but everyone always feel free to tinker for your game, who knows you maybe are more skilled at the game than me, always a possibility.

jfsolo- I would like to have more completions, but the truth is I suck at throwing the ball, but i run/pass almost complete balance, nearly always very close to 30/30 a game, there are ways to cheese the defense, for example- I run a 5 WR set for 4 straight plays in the no huddle, tire out the Dline, then bring in Charles and run all over, I did this for every run play in one game last season and Charles ran for 240 yards my best total ever in the game. It is still a game and sometimes people memorize it's patterns without realizing what they are doing.

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 09-15-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:48 PM   #60
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
I would lower it, I have seen Jamaal Charles career average is almost 6 yards a carry, thats about what I get when I factor in the big runs (I might get one maybe every couple games), and my back up has 4.1 yards per carry average, I have a decent offensive line in the game (it's the most important group on the field!) so these seemed right to me. To be honest, I don't pay attention to other teams, I do know Jamaal has an abnormally high yards per carry average and that was my metric, so maybe a lower setting would be right, you maybe have an offensive line with 99 confidence (did you win the superbowl?) or maybe just a great running back. but everyone always feel free to tinker for your game, who knows you maybe are more skilled at the game than me, always a possibility.
Yeah I'm averaging about 6.7-7 YPC with McCoy and 5.5 YPC with Sproles

RIP J.J.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:56 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah I'm averaging about 6.7-7 YPC with McCoy and 5.5 YPC with Sproles
if you are shedding many tackles on route to this average, I would increase CPU tackling first, if your o-line is just blowing them completely off the ball (which is probably what is happening) i would lower it from my default of 51 down to 48 or 47 and see how that is for a couple games. It is touchy though, I realized when the CPU run blocking went even to 52, the CPU run game was broken, maybe a 1.8 average? at 53, they seemed like a realistic run game, average all the way up to 4, and at 57- they could move the ball enough to give realistic number of tackles to my defense, that was the only fix I could think of since the CPU doesn't call plays like a real person does, so also be cognizant of the CPU's amount of tackles, that it's not too low since you want about 60 plays a game.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:14 PM   #62
Pro

HeavyHitter55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
if you are shedding many tackles on route to this average, I would increase CPU tackling first, if your o-line is just blowing them completely off the ball (which is probably what is happening) i would lower it from my default of 51 down to 48 or 47 and see how that is for a couple games. It is touchy though, I realized when the CPU run blocking went even to 52, the CPU run game was broken, maybe a 1.8 average? at 53, they seemed like a realistic run game, average all the way up to 4, and at 57- they could move the ball enough to give realistic number of tackles to my defense, that was the only fix I could think of since the CPU doesn't call plays like a real person does, so also be cognizant of the CPU's amount of tackles, that it's not too low since you want about 60 plays a game.
I'll try lowering down to 48 and see how it goes. Again I think it's a combination of everything.

RIP J.J.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:15 AM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
I'll try lowering down to 48 and see how it goes. Again I think it's a combination of everything.
Had an interesting thought about the threshold, how many big plays are contributing to those high averages? if you have a lot of those, it'll jack your averages way up, and if you're also getting BIG separation on the DBs, could tick this up a few notches from 41, I would try the run blocking first, but this is just an interesting thought I had, because others have mentioned it but I haven't seen it, my passing game is perfect and 1 game from the end of the season, Jamaal has a season average of 5.5, that's perfect for me. although I'm seeing the tackle numbers are too low and tackles for loss are abnormally high, so altering the threshold for me would be a bad idea, it would just compound that problem, CPU run blocking maybe, i'll see what it plays like without all the confidence.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:12 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:

I have user run blocking at 0 and still see holes open up. You have to increase the CPU tackle ability so you don't gain so much extra yards and for some reason the pass reaction also affects how the CPU reacts to running plays. So the higher it is the more chance they have of recognizing a run and getting off there blocks. That's why I can't play with reaction so low cause I would average 200 yards a game running the ball. I'm fine with how the CPU defenders react to the ball with armor's settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »