Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

This is a discussion on Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-14-2014, 03:29 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

Hi Oraeon, I played few games in a CFM for testing:

1st game:
Pass reaction 5
Int 35
Pass coverage 97

2nd game:
Pass reaction 95
Int 35
Pass coverage 97

As you can see I changed just the pass reaction and I had these rusults:

1st game:
Rodgers (CPU) 82%
Cutler (ME) 80%

2nd game:
Rodgers (CPU) 68%
Cutler (ME) 48%

As I understood reading your posts the first option should provide the hardest passing game...but I got completely opposite results.

What am I missing?!?

I play with QB at 4 for both HUM and CPU
Old 09-14-2014, 08:59 AM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise
Hi Oraeon, I played few games in a CFM for testing:

1st game:
Pass reaction 5
Int 35
Pass coverage 97

2nd game:
Pass reaction 95
Int 35
Pass coverage 97

As you can see I changed just the pass reaction and I had these rusults:

1st game:
Rodgers (CPU) 82%
Cutler (ME) 80%

2nd game:
Rodgers (CPU) 68%
Cutler (ME) 48%

As I understood reading your posts the first option should provide the hardest passing game...but I got completely opposite results.

What am I missing?!?

I play with QB at 4 for both HUM and CPU
You are missing the fact that Pass coverage mostly controls CPU players being open with reaction only effecting balls in the air--differences in interceptions is also small. Also if you check out my slider thread you will see that because the AI is almost prescient neither slider really impacts QB completion % but rather results in coverage sacks and interception changes. It does have a noticable effect on coverage for the human (go to practice mode and ajust these sliders and check out post and out routes (doesn't effect deep routes). The only thing that impacts completion % reliably is QB ACC, WR drops, and play calling (zone vs man).

From my testing thread:
Pass coverage vs Man def: No change in Comp%, lower increased deep passes and lowered sacks
Pass reaction: Lower increased interceptions and made less YAC while higher did the opposite. It did not change completion percentage.

Only WR drops and QB ACC effect completion. Playing on Madden level also effects this.

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 09-14-2014 at 09:08 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:23 AM   #35
Rookie

Thanks man.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:09 AM   #36
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
My testing does support your assertion that the quarterback scrambles more at high QBA (though if it is accuracy I don't know why). The problem is that the CPU never throws an errant pass unless hit during the act even if scrambling and all passes are perfectly placed reducing deflections and interceptions. Try it out and let me know how it works but I suspect using high QBA with low (better Pass reaction) will have too high a Completion % and not enough deflections. You may get balanced results, but my plan is to recreate a realistic NFL passing game with a mixture of deflections, drops, interceptions, and incompletions from bad throws. I am hoping the patch fixes the sacks (either through QB changes or by making the pass blocking slider actually work).

So far I am getting very good looking results with QBA around 10 and Pass coverage at 10 and Pass reaction at 80. However, that doesn't mean that will work in game or that sacks won't break the game for me. So you may have the best plan. However when maxed out QBA only seemed to increase 2 scrambles a game over 0 and didn't make much of a dent in sacks (it doesn't actually seem to make the QB smarter, or throw deeper).
I just want much tighter passing windows to throw into. Im very happy with QBA accuracy at 8, and the CPU at 17.

Im seeing all kinds of throws by both parties, and im loving it. I just want to alleviate the large gap between the players in the passing game thus making the passing game by the QB more challenging.

So I will try reaction at 0 and coverage at 100 to see if this can be accomplished.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #37
Just started!

Hey really great stuff here Oraeon1224 the hard work is much appreciated.

I decided to do some testing & started with pass blocking.

I started a practice with the rams & cowboys where I controlled Robert Quinn going up against Tyron Smith. This is a battle between 2 of the best players in the NFL at their respective positions so I figured it should be a pretty close battle with each getting their share of wins. I achieved that w pass block at 0. I really had to be on point with my timing & also take the inside when he gave it to me. I liked how it made me not only be on time with the button pressing but also added a little strategy to the pass rush. When it was at 100 I just defeated him too often to the point that it made having a LT w elite numbers not even matter.

To further test the pass block slider I then subbed in Ray Ray Armstrong for Quinn. He is a LB with moves & block shedding in the 50/60's. Based on these ratings and his strength, irl, I don't think he'd really ever win against Smith. At 100 I beat Smith the first 2 rushes in a row & then ended up winning on about half of my rushes. After I put it back to 0 Smith blocked me on all 10 rushes.

Also while doing this testing I didn't see any difference in the CPU vs CPU blocking.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:53 AM   #38
Just started!

I also did some testing with Pass Reaction & Coverage.

For pass reaction I also used the Rams & Cowboys.

I called a Cover 2 defense with the rams. The cowboys were in shotgun & there were 3 receivers on the right along with 3 defenders. The WR ran a vertical which the S covered. Murray ran into the flat which the CB would defend & MLB Lauranitis covered a corner route by Witten.

I tested at a variety of settings & really like the look & feel on 15. I really paid attention to Lauranitis vs Witten. Lauranitis has 88 AWR 95 PRC & 79 ZCV so I expected him to be in pretty good position to defend this route. With it on higher settings he would just stand there flat footed & staying in one spot. I feel that based on his ratings esp PRC he should be able to recognize the route concept & stick pretty close to Witten which he did on 15. It seemed to make his ratings matter the most.

For pass coverage I tested Cards vs Bengals in practice mode. I ran several diff routes w AJ Green & had Peterson guarding him & then subbed in Deone Buchanon a rookie S with 61 MCV. The battle between Peterson & Green looked good with each winning their fair share of battles. Some plays Green was able to get nice separation & others Peterson was in his hip pocket. There were a couple where Green only had a step on PP & he made a nice contested catch on one & the other PP was able to jar the ball loose.

Going up against the rookie S, Green won just about every play which is pretty much what you'd expect irl & also it made the ratings matter since Green had the advantage in route running & physical attributes like SPD, AGI, ACC.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #39
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip_kasper
Hey really great stuff here Oraeon1224 the hard work is much appreciated.

I decided to do some testing & started with pass blocking.

I started a practice with the rams & cowboys where I controlled Robert Quinn going up against Tyron Smith. This is a battle between 2 of the best players in the NFL at their respective positions so I figured it should be a pretty close battle with each getting their share of wins. I achieved that w pass block at 0. I really had to be on point with my timing & also take the inside when he gave it to me. I liked how it made me not only be on time with the button pressing but also added a little strategy to the pass rush. When it was at 100 I just defeated him too often to the point that it made having a LT w elite numbers not even matter.

To further test the pass block slider I then subbed in Ray Ray Armstrong for Quinn. He is a LB with moves & block shedding in the 50/60's. Based on these ratings and his strength, irl, I don't think he'd really ever win against Smith. At 100 I beat Smith the first 2 rushes in a row & then ended up winning on about half of my rushes. After I put it back to 0 Smith blocked me on all 10 rushes.

Also while doing this testing I didn't see any difference in the CPU vs CPU blocking.
Pass block at 0 eh? Now that's really intriguing. Quick Question:

Are you planning on playing some games in CFM with this slider? I'd love to see more results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2014, 02:33 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 6

Not sure why those results happened. I tested again to check:
Pass block 0: 6/10 beat the CPU after one press
Pass block 100: 3/10 beat the CPU after one press

Only use the first press of the button by repeatedly tapping you always eventually beat them. Pass block 100 still looks like it reduces Player success on button mashing. Neither setting effects CPU vs CPU play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »