Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon - Page 6 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

This is a discussion on Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #41
Pro

ramspeedkill's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

quick dumb question...do the slider work on simmed human vs cpu, and cpu vs cpu?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #42
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Is it just me or do the sliders seem to be more effective than prior versions of madden? Seemed in previous versions you could really move a slider and not get much of a change, but in M15 it seems even moving a slider like the Tackles slider from 50 to 40 can make a noticeable difference, or am I just seeing things in my mind?
Old 09-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramspeedkill
quick dumb question...do the slider work on simmed human vs cpu, and cpu vs cpu?

The sliders should have similar effects since even CPU vs CPU it is HUM sliders vs CPU sliders just without HUM input...I think. Anyone else know?
Old 09-14-2014, 11:09 PM   #44
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
Pass block at 0 eh? Now that's really intriguing. Quick Question:

Are you planning on playing some games in CFM with this slider? I'd love to see more results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yea definitely... I actually started an online CFM last nite with the Browns but wasn't able to play a full game. I got thru the 1Q of a preseason game vs the Lions & then changed the Tackle slider & replayed the 1Q & was encouraged by what I saw.

In the first game I had PBK at 0 & QB ACC at 4 & saw Stafford take a deep shot to Megatron & also make a beautiful touch pass to Ebron that just floated right over Whitner it was a thing of beauty lol

In the 2nd game he also made some nice throws & took some shots down the field when they were there...I stopped them on their first possession but they marched down the field & scored on their second with Stafford mixing up where he was throwing the ball. On a 3rd & 2 he could've taken a shot to CJ off play action but decided to hit Fauria in the flat to pick up 5 yards & keep the chains moving which I didn't mind cuz it was the smarter play.

Another play in the game I really enjoyed seeing was a crossing route CJ ran which got my CB running into my MLB causing him to be wide open by about 5 yards but Stafford put a little too much on the pass & CJ tried to make the one handed grab but just couldn't come down with it. It just had a really natural feel to it as I've seen good & even great NFL qbs get a too excited & miss throws like that on sundays. Gives me some hope that the lower accuracy & his willingness to take some shots might give some more realistic completion %'s.

Also I was playing as Manziel & the lead passing was very touchy but I really enjoyed the challenge & thought that it made his ACC ratings matter. I over/under threw receivers even on short & intermediate throws when not using the lead passing right.

I didn't get a chance to play any games today either but I definitely plan on playing a few games to test out some stuff so I'll def post results if u guys are interested.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:14 PM   #45
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Not sure why those results happened. I tested again to check:
Pass block 0: 6/10 beat the CPU after one press
Pass block 100: 3/10 beat the CPU after one press

Only use the first press of the button by repeatedly tapping you always eventually beat them. Pass block 100 still looks like it reduces Player success on button mashing. Neither setting effects CPU vs CPU play.
I agree that CPU vs CPU isn't affected at all. I didn't button mash at all with either of the pass rushers I used.

What really was the kicker for me was Armstrong winning on several of the rushes w PBK at 100. I think that not only would he never win against Smith irl but it also throws the ratings out the window.

I beat Smith 3 times by using a quick finesse move one button press all 3 times. Just way too unrealistic & also makes ratings almost useless imo
Old 09-15-2014, 07:11 AM   #46
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip_kasper
I agree that CPU vs CPU isn't affected at all. I didn't button mash at all with either of the pass rushers I used.

What really was the kicker for me was Armstrong winning on several of the rushes w PBK at 100. I think that not only would he never win against Smith irl but it also throws the ratings out the window.

I beat Smith 3 times by using a quick finesse move one button press all 3 times. Just way too unrealistic & also makes ratings almost useless imo

I'll fire up practice mode and see what I come up with too.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #47
Pro

tyler28's Arena

Ive been researching sliders for a while now and thought i had a good set. Then I came across your thread and was shocked to see pass rec. lowered to 0 I wouldn't have thought of that. I noticed that passing lanes actually opened up like they should and that there was a difference in a top tier wr vs average cb and vice versa. Awesome. However, i kept my others sliders the same because when i lowered them they just didnt work the way they should.

Here are my base set with changes in ( ) hum/ comp

Qb 7 (30)/ 1 (18) big drop but it works with lowered pass reac.
P. blocking 15 / 100 sacks still too easy
wr 47/44 didt really notice a dif. so i kept them the same
rblocking 53/53 when lowered the run game is not there
fum 44/44 anything lower i was seeing way too many fumbles
pdrt 0 (95)/1 (85) big change in gameplay and fun factor
int 37 (44)/ 44 still not too many unrealistic int. could still be adj.
pc 99 (95)/100(85) makes passing still competitive w rec. at 0
tak 90/80 cpu was breaking too many takles through lb. unrealistic.

Here are my sliders I have spent many hours working on them Hope you like them and pull from them to make them your own. I tweaked the penalties but i dont see it affecting gameplay too much but i can post them if you want. T. hold is at 15 and i played these on All madden and All pro.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:56 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Ahhh. Your mistake is your threshold slider. Set it to 50 and the game will be harder.

From when they first instituted this slider (damn I'm old) I remember all their developer post. It has a set value of average (likely 88). At 50 all players are at their default + whatever boost/penlaty your difficulty level applies. When you decrease the threshold it measures the difference between each player against that norm and effectively increases the gap by a multiple. For instance:

LB speed is 88: 88-88 stays the same
RB speed is 95: 95-88 = 7, now with threshold at 0 it multiples 7 X 1.5 giving 10 it then adds 10 to 95 giving a new speed to that player of 105.

Now the running back is much much faster than the LB.

The reason the slider doesn't help the deep ball is because:

CB speed 94: 94-88 = 6 X 1.5 = 9
WR speed 95: 95-88 = 7 X 1.5 = 10

There is now still a negligible difference between the WR and CB.

Things get wonkey on Madden level difficulty because it applies a bonus.

CPU CB speed 94 + 5 -88 = 11 X 1.5 = 17
HUM WR speed 95 - 5 -88 = 2 X 1.5 = 3

Now the CPU CB has a speed advantage over the WR and thus computer defense looks better with threshold lower.
So are you suggesting to use all-pro then? For more accurate control over the sliders?

I guess I tend to think that all madden is the only way for veteran players. Perhaps I need to reconsider?

Great thread btw

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »