Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

This is a discussion on Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #49
Pro

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Summary of what sliders do_Oraeon

i was pure all madden till this year. Ive spent the last few week refusing to play on all pro, till now. with my sliders i can have just as a competitive feel with out the frustration of ridiculous games. All pro is definitly the way to go this year. All madden needs a patch or something to get it right.. Also i have never played on slow speed, till this year. Seems more fluid and the game speed is the same. You should also try that out.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
i was pure all madden till this year. Ive spent the last few week refusing to play on all pro, till now. with my sliders i can have just as a competitive feel with out the frustration of ridiculous games. All pro is definitly the way to go this year. All madden needs a patch or something to get it right.. Also i have never played on slow speed, till this year. Seems more fluid and the game speed is the same. You should also try that out.
Cool. Thanks.
I seem to have read that normal speed was the best setting this year? Does speed effect the sliders in anyway?
Old 09-15-2014, 05:57 PM   #51
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
I'll fire up practice mode and see what I come up with too.
I have to side with Oraeon on this...spent a good hour today testing pass blocking slider.

From 0 to 50 to 100, I saw really no changes at all for the CPU.

I was Carolina controlling Greg Hardy up against the 49ers (Joe Staley). Pretty even match up.

I was able to get past him with the exact same success rate at every level. In my opinion, CPU pass block slider is completely broken.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:54 PM   #52
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

@Oraeon1224:

I always enjoy your enlightening threads / observations, so I'll be following this project with great interest...

I'm interested in "Actual Default" as opposed to EA Default or sliders that are intended to influence the engine...

Looks like that's what you may uncover here, so best of luck!

Old 09-15-2014, 07:13 PM   #53
Pro

tyler28's Arena

the speed only affects the graphics on field.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 PM   #54
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
I have to side with Oraeon on this...spent a good hour today testing pass blocking slider.

From 0 to 50 to 100, I saw really no changes at all for the CPU.

I was Carolina controlling Greg Hardy up against the 49ers (Joe Staley). Pretty even match up.

I was able to get past him with the exact same success rate at every level. In my opinion, CPU pass block slider is completely broken.
Sub in a lb w low moves & block shed & see how he does against Staley... That's when I really noticed the difference in the test I did
Old 09-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujer
So are you suggesting to use all-pro then? For more accurate control over the sliders?

I guess I tend to think that all madden is the only way for veteran players. Perhaps I need to reconsider?

Great thread btw

You can play on Madden just remember displayed player stats don't mean much. Just play whatever works for your. I would be cautious with aggressive threshold changes combined with Madden since it can result in odd things like DLinemen running down HBs.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #56
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Oraeon--Do you think that where you have the skill sliders can also have an effect on how the penalty sliders work?
For example if your pass/run blocking slider is raised to promote great blocking you may rarely see any holding,clippiping, false start penalties no matter where you have it due to the players almost always being smarter or in great position to block due to the high pass/run block slider....?

Or high coverage and pass reaction may equate to very few DPIs due to players always being in ideal position due to high coverage and high ball awareness due to pass reaction....? Maybe a high coverage (db in position) coupled with lower awareness (reaction) and high DPI may result in more DPIs..?

Hope I didn't take your thread off topic..
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »