Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

This is a discussion on Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #17
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Guys that refuse to roll up their sleeves and do grunt work on their own are the guys who will lose out on enjoying certain aspects of gameplay.

I personally wouldn't care if it's only for 2-3 years....

I'd rather enjoy for that time then not to have exprienced it at all.

As someone mentioned it takes barely 10 minutes to make the edits.
What are you talking about? Roll up my sleeves??? I am not going to edit a bunch of players so in year 3 of my career all the players that were drafted in or have progressed completely ruined all my hard work..................has 0 to do with being lazy, it has to do with not wasting my time!
Old 09-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #18
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

First off, I do agree that regardless of sliders, or options the QB sack issue remains a nearly franchise killing bug(unless of course you're the type that likes to go 16-0 with no effort). That said there are two options:

1. Wait for a fix

2. Use the QB edits and then hope the fix arrives before you reach season three, and that the fix is retroactive.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #19
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

In order to do the edits each year, we have to control all 32 teams in our CFM, correct?
Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC)
Old 09-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #20
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
In order to do the edits each year, we have to control all 32 teams in our CFM, correct?
You can only control 32 teams in offline career and that's flawed beyond belief, gotta do online...
Old 09-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #21
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
You can only do the edits once, prior to the start of the CFM. From there you start an online CFM and choose the custom roster option.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
It's not about being lazy.

It's about knowing you want to do a 3+ year realistic CFM and are trying to set it up so the game-generated rookie QBs that populate the league don't ruin your experience.

Yes, you can make these tweaks and yes they will absolutely help for the 1st few years. But some of us want to go deep and stay with one team for a while with our CFM.

Calling someone lazy because they wish to play the game a different way than you do is absurd.
Thank you. If this were an mlb game...or hockey or basketball I would be ok with ruination 3 years in. However its football, and most guys can knock out several seasons easily before they shelf the game.
IMO. anyone who is ok playing 3 years and then watching all they did float away on poor programming is absurd.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:40 AM   #23
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
You can only control 32 teams in offline career and that's flawed beyond belief, gotta do online...
controlling at 32 teams is flawed, or the offline CFM? I'm enquiring because I just want to control one team, and I play CFM by myself.
Fire Pro Wrestling World (PC)

Last edited by cjallure24; 09-16-2014 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:51 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi guys, I find that increasing the difference between false start and holding gives good results in order to reduce sacks.

I was playing with:
False start 90 (in the hope to get few calls but it's too inconsistent, I got a false start just once)
Holding 95 (I get a couple of calls during every game...would like more but it is what it is)
CPU Pass Block 99

I was getting way too many sacks. Then I started to mess around with the penalties sliders and lowered false start to 51 and the number of sacks went down. You can clearly see how harder is for the DL to disengage the block and get to the QB. Even if you are able to win against the off. linemen you are facing most of the times it will be too late to sack the QB since he already thew the ball (few times the QB was hit exactly while delivering the ball). The downside of setting false start at 51 and holding at 95 is that then running game is overpowered so you need to adjust some other sliders (run block, tackle, clipping ...) in order to get a good balance.

That's what I experienced and I thought to share.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »