Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

This is a discussion on Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-16-2014, 06:22 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise
Hi guys, I find that increasing the difference between false start and holding gives good results in order to reduce sacks.

I was playing with:
False start 90 (in the hope to get few calls but it's too inconsistent, I got a false start just once)
Holding 95 (I get a couple of calls during every game...would like more but it is what it is)
CPU Pass Block 99

I was getting way too many sacks. Then I started to mess around with the penalties sliders and lowered false start to 51 and the number of sacks went down. You can clearly see how harder is for the DL to disengage the block and get to the QB. Even if you are able to win against the off. linemen you are facing most of the times it will be too late to sack the QB since he already thew the ball (few times the QB was hit exactly while delivering the ball). The downside of setting false start at 51 and holding at 95 is that then running game is overpowered so you need to adjust some other sliders (run block, tackle, clipping ...) in order to get a good balance.

That's what I experienced and I thought to share.
Sorry, I didn't mean false start but offside. I lowered the offside penalty to 51.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:34 AM   #26
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean false start but offside. I lowered the offside penalty to 51.

What do you have run block and clipping set to to balance the run game? I found similar results by jacking those values up too..but the run game was a mess
Old 09-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #27
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
controlling at 32 teams is flawed, or the offline CFM? I'm enquiring because I just want to control one team, and I play CFM by myself.
Offline is flawed, play solo online
Old 09-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #28
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Hi guys, I find that increasing the difference between false start and holding gives good results in order to reduce sacks.

I was playing with:
False start 90 (in the hope to get few calls but it's too inconsistent, I got a false start just once)
Holding 95 (I get a couple of calls during every game...would like more but it is what it is)
CPU Pass Block 99

I was getting way too many sacks. Then I started to mess around with the penalties sliders and lowered false start to 51 and the number of sacks went down. You can clearly see how harder is for the DL to disengage the block and get to the QB. Even if you are able to win against the off. linemen you are facing most of the times it will be too late to sack the QB since he already thew the ball (few times the QB was hit exactly while delivering the ball). The downside of setting false start at 51 and holding at 95 is that then running game is overpowered so you need to adjust some other sliders (run block, tackle, clipping ...) in order to get a good balance.

That's what I experienced and I thought to share.

U know u can edit this insist of resubmitting the below post just FYI but nice find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 09-16-2014, 11:06 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerCoach
What do you have run block and clipping set to to balance the run game? I found similar results by jacking those values up too..but the run game was a mess
Right now not at home so I can't check but can say for sure about HUM run block set at 1 (probably need to go up a bit cause I was averaging 1.8 ypc) and CPU I think around 50/55 (not sure though); clipping at 85. This is the very first adjustment after I decide to lower offside to 51 and I didn't test enough. I think I will have to try few more combination of run block, clipping, RTK and punt catch int. since the moment all these sliders can have an impact on the running game
Old 09-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #30
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
What are you talking about? Roll up my sleeves??? I am not going to edit a bunch of players so in year 3 of my career all the players that were drafted in or have progressed completely ruined all my hard work..................has 0 to do with being lazy, it has to do with not wasting my time!
Ok Bro...

You made your point you refuse to make the edits to help the gameplay right now....

Again that is your choice if you would rather just deal with the broken gameplay as it is out of the box.....

The guy (capa) was just giving an alternative to the situation since it's obvious some people would rather waite on EA to fix.

Hopefully they don't dissapoint you guys waiting on them to do it for you....
Old 09-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #31
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Ok Bro...

You made your point you refuse to make the edits to help the gameplay right now....

Again that is your choice if you would rather just deal with the broken gameplay as it is out of the box.....

The guy (capa) was just giving an alternative to the situation since it's obvious some people would rather waite on EA to fix.

Hopefully they don't dissapoint you guys waiting on them to do it for you....
How do you feel the edits play out in an online CFM? More specifically, does the CPU still go downfield with everyone set to trigger happy, and does it really help? I've heard a lot of noise but never gotten anything definitive from someone who's actually used them for any length of time.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #32
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Some guys are just lazy.
60 hours a week at work, 10 hours a week for school, so Madden is supposed to be the time when I get to be lazy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »