Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

This is a discussion on Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 21
Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Guys - I have tried every set of sliders on here plus tweaks of my own. I am sorry to say it looks like the only way to combat the excessive sacks is still to edit the QB trait to Trigger happy. Any other setting he holds the ball too long. No slider set fixes this over the course of a few games. I wish they did but they don't.

The fix EA made did not do much to help. The really need to tweak the QB hold ball trait, not the blocking. Until they do, I think the only way to combat the sacks in to edit the trait ourselves.

C

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
PMO
Banned

PMO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Guys - I have tried every set of sliders on here plus tweaks of my own. I am sorry to say it looks like the only way to combat the excessive sacks is still to edit the QB trait to Trigger happy. Any other setting he holds the ball too long. No slider set fixes this over the course of a few games. I wish they did but they don't.

The fix EA made did not do much to help. The really need to tweak the QB hold ball trait, not the blocking. Until they do, I think the only way to combat the sacks in to edit the trait ourselves.

C

Then 2-3 seasons into a career it would be rendered worthless.......
Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Then 2-3 seasons into a career it would be rendered worthless.......
Until EA patches, couldn't you just edit the QBs each year or whatever? Takes about 10 mins. Seems like an easy trade off but to each his own.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Until EA patches, couldn't you just edit the QBs each year or whatever? Takes about 10 mins. Seems like an easy trade off but to each his own.
No way to edit QBs once you start a franchise
Old 09-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

Thats just crazy. Something we all as gamers can do and bam, fixed. EA decides to change the win chance and not only doesntt fix the problem but adds to the problem (Madden reset). I wish someone could get to Donny and when he makes his roster adjustments, just go throuh the traits and end this SMH. What a way to kill a great turn around to the game.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
Just started!

Try putting quarterback accuracy to 55 , you will still see inaccurate passes and the CPU QB plays smarter and set roughing the passer to 10 , with pass blocking to 55. I play all pro and the quarter backs make good decisions , also I set false start in the penalty sliders to about 80 , to limit any cheesy miscues by the computer online, they will find the right blocker a little better. And what's your pass coverage, int, reaction time set too ? that also matters too , it's a sweet spot you have to set it , to be able to have the corners play good man coverage and the computer still be gutsy enough to throw the ball.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #7
Rookie

Soonerskinsfan81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Thats just crazy. Something we all as gamers can do and bam, fixed. EA decides to change the win chance and not only doesntt fix the problem but adds to the problem (Madden reset). I wish someone could get to Donny and when he makes his roster adjustments, just go throuh the traits and end this SMH. What a way to kill a great turn around to the game.
Agreed! EA/Tiburon's team should know more than we do and we figured it out in less than 2-3 weeks. They really need to change the win/loss tuner on users back and fix the qbs being Oblivious issue, is that too much to ask?!
Another feature that has been poorly implemented and/or tested.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #8
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

I would guess those traits trigger a percentage chance for certain behaviors (i.e. throwing the ball away). I simpler fix, "under the hood," would be to adjust the default chance to the similar to the current "paranoid" and "throws ball away" traits (or whatever that is), then correspondingly increase the percentage chance associated with those traits.

Though admittedly, most, if not all, first string QBs, especially if they are not scramble/"run first" QBs legitimately should have the "throw the ball away trait" . . . I don't think you get to be an NFL QB if you don't have at least some idea how/when to throw the ball away . . .

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 09-12-2014 at 02:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »