Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

This is a discussion on Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
MVP
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT
Blog Entries: 1
Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Guys - I have tried every set of sliders on here plus tweaks of my own. I am sorry to say it looks like the only way to combat the excessive sacks is still to edit the QB trait to Trigger happy. Any other setting he holds the ball too long. No slider set fixes this over the course of a few games. I wish they did but they don't.

The fix EA made did not do much to help. The really need to tweak the QB hold ball trait, not the blocking. Until they do, I think the only way to combat the sacks in to edit the trait ourselves.



C

capa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
PMO
Banned
 
PMO's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Guys - I have tried every set of sliders on here plus tweaks of my own. I am sorry to say it looks like the only way to combat the excessive sacks is still to edit the QB trait to Trigger happy. Any other setting he holds the ball too long. No slider set fixes this over the course of a few games. I wish they did but they don't.

The fix EA made did not do much to help. The really need to tweak the QB hold ball trait, not the blocking. Until they do, I think the only way to combat the sacks in to edit the trait ourselves.



C

Then 2-3 seasons into a career it would be rendered worthless.......
PMO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 AM   #3
MVP
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: CT
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMO
Then 2-3 seasons into a career it would be rendered worthless.......
Until EA patches, couldn't you just edit the QBs each year or whatever? Takes about 10 mins. Seems like an easy trade off but to each his own.
capa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Until EA patches, couldn't you just edit the QBs each year or whatever? Takes about 10 mins. Seems like an easy trade off but to each his own.
No way to edit QBs once you start a franchise
SunRise is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
MVP
 
forme95's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: N of Tampa, Fl
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Thats just crazy. Something we all as gamers can do and bam, fixed. EA decides to change the win chance and not only doesntt fix the problem but adds to the problem (Madden reset). I wish someone could get to Donny and when he makes his roster adjustments, just go throuh the traits and end this SMH. What a way to kill a great turn around to the game.
__________________
www.twitch.tv/forme95
How can you not be passionate about baseball
MLB 18 another great step in the right direction
forme95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
Just started!
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: NewYork
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Try putting quarterback accuracy to 55 , you will still see inaccurate passes and the CPU QB plays smarter and set roughing the passer to 10 , with pass blocking to 55. I play all pro and the quarter backs make good decisions , also I set false start in the penalty sliders to about 80 , to limit any cheesy miscues by the computer online, they will find the right blocker a little better. And what's your pass coverage, int, reaction time set too ? that also matters too , it's a sweet spot you have to set it , to be able to have the corners play good man coverage and the computer still be gutsy enough to throw the ball.
tymanpackersfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:23 AM   #7
Rookie
 
Soonerskinsfan81's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2014
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Thats just crazy. Something we all as gamers can do and bam, fixed. EA decides to change the win chance and not only doesntt fix the problem but adds to the problem (Madden reset). I wish someone could get to Donny and when he makes his roster adjustments, just go throuh the traits and end this SMH. What a way to kill a great turn around to the game.
Agreed! EA/Tiburon's team should know more than we do and we figured it out in less than 2-3 weeks. They really need to change the win/loss tuner on users back and fix the qbs being Oblivious issue, is that too much to ask?!
Another feature that has been poorly implemented and/or tested.
Soonerskinsfan81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #8
Pro
 
NimitsTexan's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2007
Re: Guys - QB traits/Sliders and Sacks

I would guess those traits trigger a percentage chance for certain behaviors (i.e. throwing the ball away). I simpler fix, "under the hood," would be to adjust the default chance to the similar to the current "paranoid" and "throws ball away" traits (or whatever that is), then correspondingly increase the percentage chance associated with those traits.

Though admittedly, most, if not all, first string QBs, especially if they are not scramble/"run first" QBs legitimately should have the "throw the ball away trait" . . . I don't think you get to be an NFL QB if you don't have at least some idea how/when to throw the ball away . . .

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 09-12-2014 at 02:59 PM.
NimitsTexan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 PM.

Top -