Threshold slider explained - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Threshold slider explained

This is a discussion on Threshold slider explained within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-07-2014, 09:26 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Threshold slider explained

Pushing back up so people adjusting sliders can review and understand.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:24 PM   #18
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I have my Speed Threshold @ 65....Theory being, and from what I have seen in practice is: Each level in Madden increases, at least, the speed of the players on the CPU side, so What I want is to crunch players speed closer together in hopes of countering the speed boost given to the CPU...

I have tested streak plays 1v1 with a threshold of 0 and 100 without any noticeable difference; but I have seen a change of speed between DL and OL and LB's...Seems in the 65 range there is more balance in speed between offensive and defensive core/non-skill players, which means edge plays, screens and flat passes are better, not great, and sweeps and tosses have a better result, actual positive gains.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have my Speed Threshold @ 65....Theory being, and from what I have seen in practice is: Each level in Madden increases, at least, the speed of the players on the CPU side, so What I want is to crunch players speed closer together in hopes of countering the speed boost given to the CPU...

I have tested streak plays 1v1 with a threshold of 0 and 100 without any noticeable difference; but I have seen a change of speed between DL and OL and LB's...Seems in the 65 range there is more balance in speed between offensive and defensive core/non-skill players, which means edge plays, screens and flat passes are better, not great, and sweeps and tosses have a better result, actual positive gains.

Yes Madden level gives a boost to all CPU stats including ACC and SPD. Threshold at 65 reduces the difference between players above and below the mean. It makes slower players faster and makes faster players slower. Be aware this is likely to make DT faster but slow down the HB. It would be great if threshold was different for CPU and human.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #20
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Yes Madden level gives a boost to all CPU stats including ACC and SPD. Threshold at 65 reduces the difference between players above and below the mean. It makes slower players faster and makes faster players slower. Be aware this is likely to make DT faster but slow down the HB. It would be great if threshold was different for CPU and human.
EA/Tirburon cannot make anything easy; which seems to be the root of their problems when trying to track down and fix issues in the game; the code is so intertwined and has numerous effects on the game and player ratings that it must be like trying to untangle that ball of Christmas lights every year...
Old 10-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #21
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I've been using the 40-60 range since implementation for the reasons stated in the OP...

This year, the sack issue has me wondering IF going slightly above default would give the OL a better chance of blocking / slowing down / keeping up with the pass rush...

@Oraeon: Did you do any relative speed tests that focus on the OL versus DL / OLB speeds?

Thanks!

Last edited by KingV2k3; 10-09-2014 at 04:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 03:29 PM   #22
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I would like to point out that threshold does create a gap in player speed...

But ceratin ratings also impact gameplay speed factors.

For example I do not believe that threshold dictates if a WR gets open easier or not because the Route Running rating vs DB Man/Zone Coverage rating also plays a major factor.

I've seen WR's with speed in the high 70's to low 80's still effectively get open on routes and create speration quicker from past experiences in dealing with ratings for Madden and NCAA Football.

Too often the emphasis is put on player speed but there are ceratin ratings in the game that act like speed boosters on the field....

Another example of this is the Pursuit rating can offset the lack of speed by a defender on the field.

A LB can have 70 speed and not appear slow if his pursuit rating is very high he will close on the ball faster than a LB with high speed and low pursuit rating.
hey playmaker nice to see you back, no sliders from you?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »