Reaction Time Question - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Reaction Time Question

This is a discussion on Reaction Time Question within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-19-2014, 08:04 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Reaction Time Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by leathrneck34
I think Oraeon1224 and Rushin are both right about reaction time and the coverage slider it's just Oraeon is obsessed with finding the right setting to match NFL stats which he is very very good at. Dude must have a Master's Degree in Maddensliderology. Rushin has it right on the nose as far as reaction versus coverage and how the lb's thru the 2ndary react to a ball in the air. I use Oraeon1224 slider's with some adjustments from Rushin's thread and have found great results and some great games. Sometimes the corners are right on top of the WR on the route and sometimes a CB will get confused and have a misstep and get burnted it really depends on the player vs the other and who has the better ratings and I love it.

I think like Rushin Coverage greater than reaction is the way to go.

Rushin and I just have different goals. I want the game to have realistic statistics and to have missed passes equal the real world with less deflections (default Madden is too many deflections and interceptions and not enough drops and incomplete passes). He is correct in that tighter coverage with high pass coverage and low reaction looks better. Until EA fixes the sack issue and the QB passing I just prefer to manage the game in my own way. Increasing deflections can result in the same QB completion percentage.

I recommend anyone try whatever system makes them happy. Personally as I improve my gameplay I would like the CPU to have real world statistics and drives with deep passes and the coverage to look more realistic for myself (i.e. me playing against high coverage and low reaction on the CPU defensive end).

Last edited by Oraeon1224; 09-20-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:43 PM   #18
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I have been doing some testing and I have Pass Coverage set at 70...From there I have varied my Reaction time, and whether I use reaction time of, for example 2 or 98, the reaction time is fast...But if i use something in between like, reaction time 35, that is when a see a slower reaction time...

It's as if the reaction time is on a bell curve and either end of the curve produces a faster or aggressive reaction to the ball, and then reaction time decreases as yo move over the bell curve say between 25 and 75, as a base guess at this time...
Old 09-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #19
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Final conclusion is, I have no clue if Reaction is more aggressive at 2 or 98...I think those numbers are too far off the map to register properly for any real noticeable results.... Seems staying in a range of 20 to 80 for reaction and pass cover is best...

There definitely appears to be a direct relationship between the two sliders...I have decided to go Reaction 50, and Pass Cover 50, ad seems to be the best overall....
Old 09-22-2014, 05:33 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Final conclusion is, I have no clue if Reaction is more aggressive at 2 or 98...I think those numbers are too far off the map to register properly for any real noticeable results.... Seems staying in a range of 20 to 80 for reaction and pass cover is best...

There definitely appears to be a direct relationship between the two sliders...I have decided to go Reaction 50, and Pass Cover 50, ad seems to be the best overall....

I went with Reaction at 35 and Cover at 70 with QBA at 30 and am very happy with the results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »