QB's and Peyton manning - Operation Sports Forums
Home

QB's and Peyton manning

This is a discussion on QB's and Peyton manning within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #1
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
QB's and Peyton manning

Ok, so I have seen people post about making qb edits but have yet to see what they have been doing except I saw a couple people post they were putting trait on trigger happy. I'm not sure to post this in roster section or slider section but here is what I did and am seeing great results with manning!

This is all madden setting...

I put his trait at paranoid (actually have done this with all qb) and no it doesn't mean he will run but he will avoid rush. I also set his ball carrier vision at 95 to test and he now is really aware of any pressure and will step in pocket or to side of pocket.

I have CPU pass block at 100 and my pass coverage at 90 and reaction at 1. I'm playing as Seahawks as well. I also have CPU qb accuracy at 38. I have had no sacks and have only played just under a half (still testing) but manning is 8-14 with 133 yards (57%) and 2 td. Anytime he has felt a little pressure he has either thrown ball away or stepped in pocket to buy some time and then fires a throw. He has also thrown 1-2 errant throws.

I saw someone post about ball carrier vision and it effecting qb awareness so I thought I'd try and share. It seems to have huge effect when combined with paranoid trait. I just thought I'd share albeit a small sample size.

I did the same thing with Colin kaepernick last night and it was similar except he was running the ball more often. Had to be aware and use qb spy most all game in man coverage. This seems to me to be a game changer for qb play but again small sample size.

Let me know if you guys see similar play. I'm sure my other sliders and play calls also have an effect but I should also add Peyton has gone down field a few times as well. I've replayed every pass play to see if he has made the right read and there was only 1 time he didn't by throwing against Sherman with chancellor in over the top help (cover 2 man). Any time he had dunked and dunked it was right read as no 1 was open.

Current Teams - https://forums.operationsports.com/v...ull-playbooks/

Classic Teams - https://forums.operationsports.com/v...eam-playbooks/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 02:42 AM   #2
MVP

SwaggerCoach's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: QB's and Peyton manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Ok, so I have seen people post about making qb edits but have yet to see what they have been doing except I saw a couple people post they were putting trait on trigger happy. I'm not sure to post this in roster section or slider section but here is what I did and am seeing great results with manning!

I put his trait at paranoid (actually have done this with all qb) and no it doesn't mean he will run but he will avoid rush. I also set his ball carrier vision at 95 to test and he now is really aware of any pressure and will step in pocket or to side of pocket.

I have CPU pass block at 100 and my pass coverage at 90 and reaction at 1. I'm playing as Seahawks as well. I also have CPU qb accuracy at 38. I have had no sacks and have only played just under a half (still testing) but manning is 8-14 with 133 yards (57%) and 2 td. Anytime he has felt a little pressure he has either thrown ball away or stepped in pocket to buy some time and then fires a throw. He has also thrown 1-2 errant throws.

I saw someone post about ball carrier vision and it effecting qb awareness so I thought I'd try and share. It seems to have huge effect when combined with paranoid trait. I just thought I'd share albeit a small sample size.

I did the same thing with Colin kaepernick last night and it was similar except he was running the ball more often. Had to be aware and use qb spy most all game in man coverage. This seems to me to be a game changer for qb play but again small sample size.

Let me know if you guys see similar play. I'm sure my other sliders and play calls also have an effect but I should also add Peyton has gone down field a few times as well. I've replayed every pass play to see if he has made the right read and there was only 1 time he didn't by throwing against Sherman with chancellor in over the top help (cover 2 man). Any time he had dunked and dunked it was right read as no 1 was open.
You have my curiosity and attention.

Would it be possibly to test 5+ games with QBs edited this way and post the sack/yardage results?

You might be onto something.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk

This is very interesting regarding "ball carrier vision". If your interested, I uploaded a roster file in Madden Share - BBNQBEDITS. In this file, I have adjusted all QBs (using EA Week 2 Roster Update), except for Free Agents, to be "Paranoid", "Yes - to Throw Away", AND set each QB to make "Aggressive" throws. The other edit I made is to set all QBs to "Yes - to Clutch Trait". For the "Clutch Trait", I was just doing this for my own personal preference. I have seen with these settings (using the Seahawks) that in Week 1 vs Packers, I only got to Rodgers for 1 sack (using Mebane on the D-Line), in Week 2 vs Chargers, I only got to Rivers for 2 sacks (using Mebane on the D-Line), and in Week 3 ... drum roll please ... 0 sacks on Manning (using Mebane on the D-Line).

For reference, I was using "Rushinplayallgame's" sliders BUT set on: All-Madden.

So if you want to give my edited rosters a go (to avoid having to do all the editing, although its quite quick and easy), please feel free.

Thanks for sharing regarding the "ball carrier vision", b/c playing against Rodgers, the dude would take off once he felt the pressure by my line when the pocket was collapsing. Not as much as I would have wanted so maybe this edit could be the key to solving the "Sack Da Vinci Code" (or of course, an EA patch! LOL!).

Edit: Found these stats for Manning when my "Legion of Boom" rolled into Mile High - - >

Peyton Manning

QB Rating: 82.3
Comp/Att: 17/27
Comp %: 62
Yds: 180
TD: 0
INT: 0
Avg: 6.6
Long: 27

Defensive Player Lock with Brandon Mebane (Defensive Line):

2 Solo Tackles, 1 Tackle for a Loss, & 3 Total Tackles.

***NO SACKS on Manning.

I will definitely run a testing sample size (on All-Madden) w/ your settings. By the way....Are the changes you made above, the only slider changes you made? Or if you could post your complete set, I will definitely help out w/ getting a larger sample size for testing. I will try using my BBNQBEDITS file w/ the ball carrier vision edited. Along w/ another roster set w/ the edits you have personally made as mentioned (for Paranoid & ball carrier vision only).

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 09-21-2014 at 09:09 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:31 PM   #4
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

It could be placebo. I should note I am using fbg rosters that I have edited as well with qb traits tweaked. Once I'm finished (got 10 teams secondaries to do) I will definitely be testing this more.

2 game flaws I have right now that I don't believe sliders can fix and that only roster tweaks can fix is number 1 qb sacks and 2 man coverage with LB and safeties.

The qb issue also seems to be a problem on a few different fronts other than just taking sacks and holding the ball too long. On screen passes against man coverage it's a sack 50% of time. Number 2 on blitzes the offensive line isn't picking up the blitzes correctly at a high rate. So, I'm gonna try a few tweaks to offensive line as well to see if it can be fixed. I would assume a patch will most likely fix the off line and qb issues though so not sure I want to waste to much time tweaking those areas but man coverage is a must for me.

But I will test more when done...

Old 09-21-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I tried changing the QB's trait to paranoid, it makes a huge difference. Fewer sacks, because they get rid of the ball sooner and scramble more. It also helps with some dropped passes, or incomplete passes, because they are throwing before the receivers are ready.

Still need to get more dropped balls though. But now the game is a little better.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2014, 04:22 PM   #6
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
I tried changing the QB's trait to paranoid, it makes a huge difference. Fewer sacks, because they get rid of the ball sooner and scramble more. It also helps with some dropped passes, or incomplete passes, because they are throwing before the receivers are ready.

Still need to get more dropped balls though. But now the game is a little better.

Thanks!
Good so it's not just me. On top of it we should note that non scrambling qb like Peyton doesn't necessarily run he just avoids pressure by getting outside of pocket or stepping to side of pressure or in pocket better. I did see him run once for like 4 yards but I was in cover 0 and took his check down away so he had wide open area to run. Now kaepernick on the other hand will take off sooner because off the combo of his often scramble trait...

Old 09-21-2014, 06:07 PM   #7
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

It's funny, watching broncos Seahawks game and after 1st half Peyton is 11-16 for 87 yards. Halftime show is talking about how Denver needs to start attacking down field and taking chances. Lol! Sound familiar? All Peyton had was short passes all over.

Then kaepernick at one point in 1st half was 11-12. Again, sound familiar? Haha

I think it's funny as I've seen so many posts on qb passing not passing deep or qb is too accurate and killing me on dinks and dunks passes. Like I said when doing my testing I play strictly man to man coverage with Seahawks and replay every pass to watch the reads and have not seen very many bad reads by top qb's at all. It really depends on play calling along with pass coverage and reaction sliders.

My only main problem is qb sacks which this seems to be a solution. But I also have CPU pass blocking at 100 too so that plays a role. I saw oreaon test and post pass block only effected user pass rush which I think is how most people play. I only play dline on 3rd and longs.

Old 10-15-2014, 11:22 PM   #8
Rookie

burter's Arena

OVR: 6

I went ahead and changed ball carrier vision for all starting qb's to 100 along with paranoid trait, throw ball away to yes and forces passes to ideal. I also used this other guys idea of upping certain qb's ratings. I upped each starting qb's(rookies that weren't starting, I upped them enough so that they are starters) short, mid, deep, PA and throw on the run 3-8 points each depending on the qb and the rating(some qb's I upped their AWR). The All Madden qb passing slider is 30, but qb's only complete 53%-67% passes on me(raiders). It has helped out on sacks. The qb's do slide out the way to not get sacked and throw on the run more. They still take sacks on screens, but they seem to either throw the ball away more or actually try to throw it to the rb even if he is covered, which is better than taking a sack.(I play nothing but m2m so I'm not sure how this works on someone that plays a lot of zone coverage).

Just trying everything at this point. I was about to start nba 2k15 MP mode, but my mind is still on football and I really want to play a football game.

Quotes lines from Mr. Schwarzenegger
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDxn0...eature=related

How to not get your a** kicked by the police.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=uj0mtxXEGE8#!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »