Home

CPU Pass blocking

This is a discussion on CPU Pass blocking within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 04:41 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
CPU Pass blocking

Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should set CPU pass blocking at? I've had at 70, 75, etc. and I still averaged 5 sacks a game and now I have it set to 95 and I average the same amount of sacks a game. It's so easy fighting off a block and getting to the QB. I need some help because in my first season I had 25 more sacks than the second best team in that category and this season it's the same story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 05:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Pass blocking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should set CPU pass blocking at? I've had at 70, 75, etc. and I still averaged 5 sacks a game and now I have it set to 95 and I average the same amount of sacks a game. It's so easy fighting off a block and getting to the QB. I need some help because in my first season I had 25 more sacks than the second best team in that category and this season it's the same story.
The problem is not the time its taking your defense to get off its blocks. The problem is the QB AI simply not throwing the ball away. You could set CPU Pass Block to 100 and you won't fix this issue.

EA's tuner update a few weeks back didn't fix the issue because it didn't address the real problem i.e. the QB AI.

If you look at the other slider sets here you'll see that there have been some valiant efforts to fix this by the OS Community, including roster editing.

But it seems that to fix this properly we can only hope that EA have seen the issue and can fix the AI in a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »