Home

As anyone tried this to reduce sacks ?

This is a discussion on As anyone tried this to reduce sacks ? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 11:28 PM   #9
Rookie

prezidentj33's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: As anyone tried this to reduce sacks ?

I am getting roughly 4 sacks a game and i've only played 4 games into my season. Granted I am the Chiefs but still. 4 sacks a game is ludicris and i'm not even controlling the DE or LB most of the time , it's the CPU doing it.

Looking for a true fix and or just cross my fingers and hope EA puts out an update to fix.

Also, QB's do not throw it away often enough or make just bad throws often either. Instead they hang onto it and it leads to sacks. Kind of irritating.
I don't want to have to edit all QB's throw away trait to fix this issue, we shouldn't have to be doing this. I'm just using all-pro settings out of the box with exception of the time and runoff.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Sacks are an issue at default settings so no, this is not why we are having TONS of sacks.
I didn't see that at all. I played with Carolina vs. Tampa and only had 2 sacks at the half. I will start showing the games on twitch so I can prove this theory as accurate so far.

Current Settings:

Fatigue 50
Sub in/out of HB/DE/DT: 99/98
HUM Tackling: 25

Everything else is default.

I'll probably adjust HUM QB ACC to 5 or 6 but for right now I'm just testing the CPU sack issues.

Great idea and so far so good. I will post and have archives of the game on the twitch account for those to watch.

P.S. I play only as MLB (no switch) because as a lineman it's too easy to get around the OLine
Old 09-26-2014, 01:30 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Sacks are an issue at default settings so no, this is not why we are having TONS of sacks.
You were right. By the end of the half, I had 5 sacks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #12
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1

Well, I don't know about reducing sacks...but you can definately count me in as a believer that penalty sliders affect gameplay now. I still want to run some tests today, and write some numbers down, but after changing the penalty sliders last night to my sliders set, I've experienced a game that had NOTHING to do with what I've experienced for more than a week.

In fact, it changed the game so much...I'd argue that they had more effect on the game than any changes I had made to HUM/CPU sliders up to that point. Will run some test, and post results later on, hopefully today.

Edit: And that's coming from someone who always thought the Penalty sliders theory was kinda far fetched.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomicJ
Well, I don't know about reducing sacks...but you can definately count me in as a believer that penalty sliders affect gameplay now. I still want to run some tests today, and write some numbers down, but after changing the penalty sliders last night to my sliders set, I've experienced a game that had NOTHING to do with what I've experienced for more than a week.

In fact, it changed the game so much...I'd argue that they had more effect on the game than any changes I had made to HUM/CPU sliders up to that point. Will run some test, and post results later on, hopefully today.

Edit: And that's coming from someone who always thought the Penalty sliders theory was kinda far fetched.
I totally agree with you and it's very evident. Changing the penalties sliders even just of one or two points can give you a completely different game. Another point is that few sliders do not affect only the area in respect of which are labeled: for example adjusting roughing the kicker doesn't only adjust the gameplay for field goals or punts as you would expect but the whole gameplay and the same goes for punt catch interference.
Regarding the sacks issue today I had the chance to play a couple of games (All Pro CFM online as the Bears) that added to the ones I played yesterday resulted in 7 sacks in 4 games:

2 against the Packers
0 against the Vikings
4 against the Buccaniers
1 against the Lions
Old 10-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise
I totally agree with you and it's very evident. Changing the penalties sliders even just of one or two points can give you a completely different game. Another point is that few sliders do not affect only the area in respect of which are labeled: for example adjusting roughing the kicker doesn't only adjust the gameplay for field goals or punts as you would expect but the whole gameplay and the same goes for punt catch interference.
Regarding the sacks issue today I had the chance to play a couple of games (All Pro CFM online as the Bears) that added to the ones I played yesterday resulted in 7 sacks in 4 games:

2 against the Packers
0 against the Vikings
4 against the Buccaniers
1 against the Lions
I'd love to see what you guys are experimenting with...
Old 10-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #15
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise

2 against the Packers
0 against the Vikings
4 against the Buccaniers
1 against the Lions
Care to share the slider adjustments (or lack of them) that are getting you realistic stats?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »