Player pass defense - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Player pass defense

This is a discussion on Player pass defense within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #9
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Player pass defense

Was this in CFM, or in Play Now? The environments act differently in my experience, though they should not.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Rushinallgame has figured out some great pass defense sliders for the HUM and CPU.

His philosophy is based around QBA numbers near default, low Pass Reaction Time and high Pass Coverage.

It really works. Low-end QBs are in the high 50% range, with average QBs in the high-50% to mid 60% range and good QBs in the mid-60% to low 70% range on a game-by-game basis.
I'm actually using his sliders now and haven't seen a difference. Still getting ripped apart by all QBs. My first game with his set I played buffalo and EJ Manuel completed 16/19. His sliders have been best to me so far in all aspects EXCEPT the player pass defense.

Last edited by cheg913; 09-25-2014 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Was this in CFM, or in Play Now? The environments act differently in my experience, though they should not.
Play Now (need ten characters)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 11:26 PM   #12
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRise
I'm playing with CPU QB accuracy at 10 and CPU Pass blk at 30...I can tell the QB throws deep balls so I don't think this depends on his the accuracy; I would say the coverage. I'm working on my own slider set and I just played two games as the Bears. The first game Cutler had 63% completion and Rodgers 65%. I sacked Rodgers two times and they also had two sacks. The second game was against the Vikings. Cutler had 62% completion and Ponder (Ponder the starting QB @[email protected] ?!?!?) completed the 54% of his passes. I had zero sacks and was sacked 2 times.
It's a small sample but I liked overall what I saw in theses two games. Once I'm done I'll post my sliders among the thousands already available and maybe someone will give them a try.
I didn't even think of the coverage causing the increase in deep balls, thank you for bringing that up...I cannot believe that didn't pop in my head before your comment...

Interested in seeing your sliders.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 09-25-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:59 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
I'm testing sliders in CFM online
Old 09-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #14
Hall of Fame

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

I would suggest you just get better at play calling. I mean seriously, it could just quite possibly be, that you aren't very good at defense.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Old 09-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
I would suggest you just get better at play calling. I mean seriously, it could just quite possibly be, that you aren't very good at defense.
I knew sooner or later someone would say that. All one has to do watch a replay to see what really happens. 7 on 5 blitzes where defenders find a lineman to run into, hence two OL's are blocking two a piece.

Or how about DE's coming off the edge, beat the blocker and run past the QB into the waiting arms of another blocker.

Point being, one's play calling may not be an issue at all if the other 10 players controlled by the CPU do their jobs.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:36 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
Been playing Madden every year since 2002 and have been in multiple tournaments, I know how to call/play defense.

Play calling doesn't make any difference at all when your CPU controlled defenders randomly stop moving as the ball is about to be thrown.

Or in zone defense, when all the zones get immediately stretched leaving the inside field wide open.

Or the reaction time of your DB's is delayed by half a second and by time they actually move on the play the receiver is 3-5 yards ahead of him.

Or how DB's will spin the wrong direction and fall steps behind when the receiver is cutting.

Or the fact that every QB regardless of who it is, or where they are on the depth chart or who their receives are can play better than a real life Peyton Manning.

Should I go on?

The "maybe you should get better" reply that is thrown around without any real thought on possibly working around an issue is one of the reasons why this game doesn't get the fixes it needs.

I mean seriously, it could just quite possibly be, that Madden defense is broken yet another year and not every error in game is because of the user.

Last edited by cheg913; 09-26-2014 at 09:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »