Home

Request for Slider Gurus (Re: Sacks and Completion Percentages)

This is a discussion on Request for Slider Gurus (Re: Sacks and Completion Percentages) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Request for Slider Gurus (Re: Sacks and Completion Percentages)

For those of you who have slider sets with a good viewer/user base, here's what I want to know:

1) What are your per-game averages for HUM sacks of the CPU QB?

2) What is your global average for CPU QB completion percentages?

I have played with most major sets on here, and while some threads have some box scores, many do not or the sets are partial, and I have yet to find a comprehensive stat base for a half or full season's worth of games.

I've seen several explanations of how different sets minimize sacks and ridiculous completion percentages, but having played with many different combinations, I remain somewhat dubious about the ability of sliders to deal with these issues, as I seem to get 10 sack games without trying and with crappy teams, and I see 85% completion rates all the time.

I don't intend this as an adversarial post, but I really do want to see if the stats bear out the impressions so I can figure out why I'm not getting the results others claim to get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 03:46 PM   #2
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Request for Slider Gurus (Re: Sacks and Completion Percentages)

Good question, I'd like to see more data / detail as well...

That being said, it seems to me that the only way anyone is getting around the sack issue is to edit QB traits to "Ideal"...

Have you tried one of those rosters with Rushin's "Original Recipe" set yet?

That's the first thing I'd try...
Old 10-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
Rookie

jjazwick's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
For those of you who have slider sets with a good viewer/user base, here's what I want to know:

1) What are your per-game averages for HUM sacks of the CPU QB?

2) What is your global average for CPU QB completion percentages?

I have played with most major sets on here, and while some threads have some box scores, many do not or the sets are partial, and I have yet to find a comprehensive stat base for a half or full season's worth of games.

I've seen several explanations of how different sets minimize sacks and ridiculous completion percentages, but having played with many different combinations, I remain somewhat dubious about the ability of sliders to deal with these issues, as I seem to get 10 sack games without trying and with crappy teams, and I see 85% completion rates all the time.

I don't intend this as an adversarial post, but I really do want to see if the stats bear out the impressions so I can figure out why I'm not getting the results others claim to get.
Trojan Man,

I would ask to give my set a try if you have not yet? Most of the time it depends on the CPU offense I am playing against. I played a game today with my updated set and only had one sack. Granted I was playing against the 49ers and it was mainly the Gore/Hyde show with them gaining almost 200 yards on the ground and Cap running for about 40 yards and going 9/15 with about 120 yards and a INT.

1) What are your per-game averages for HUM sacks of the CPU QB? 3-4 depending on who I am playing.

2) What is your global average for CPU QB completion percentage? 70% Have had games were CPU QB throws above 80% and games were CPU QB throws around 60%.

Here is the link to my set. If you do try them any feedback is appreciated.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html

Playing Madden NFL 17, MLB 16 The Show, Star Wars Battlefront & Battlefield 4 on PS4.

http://www.twitch.tv/huskerfan214

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC69...I1PAHRqZM4RzGA

Feedback Box Scores
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php
Old 10-01-2014, 10:56 PM   #4
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

i currently have the 3rd most views for my sliders....over 100k behind the top 2 hahaha...

but unfortunately i almost always get 6 or more sacks....i have no idea how to fix it....i try and try and try...

its like only way to make it better is to sacrifice lots of other stuff and even then still doesnt solve it completely

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 10-02-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

That kind of data would be great! That said, there is something broken with QB logic in this game. In a recent pre-season game, I had P. Manning escape a sack, run outside the pocket into clear field, and rather than throwing the ball away or gaining yards on the ground, he just stopped, stood still, and allowed the DE to sack him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 01:15 PM   #6
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

I used the QB edits and my sack sliders, finished a season yesterday- had 54 sacks on the season, next closest was the chiefs with 49, bills with 41, and broncos with 39

I have a beast of a D-line, Robert Quinn, Chris Long, the DT developed nicly, and a rookie 2nd round pick who led the team with 11 sacks and will probably be a superstar. I also come very hard for the QB, blitz almost every play, control the Dline to get after him, I hate to cover the field.

CPU %'s
Manziel- 60%
Cassell- 82% (most unrealistic thing I have ever encountered)
Wilson- 66%
Flacco- 70%
Glennon- 60%
Kaep- 59%
Dalton- 60%
Cutler- 63%
Rothlisburger- 49%
Eli- 55%
Kaep- 66%
Wilson- 81%
Rogers (and replacement)- 68%
Stafford- 85%
Hoyer- 60%

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 10-02-2014 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:04 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

I always hear about QB edits. what are they and do they work?
Old 10-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
I used the QB edits and my sack sliders, finished a season yesterday- had 54 sacks on the season, next closest was the chiefs with 49, bills with 41, and broncos with 39

I have a beast of a D-line, Robert Quinn, Chris Long, the DT developed nicly, and a rookie 2nd round pick who led the team with 11 sacks and will probably be a superstar. I also come very hard for the QB, blitz almost every play, control the Dline to get after him, I hate to cover the field.

CPU %'s
Manziel- 60%
Cassell- 82% (most unrealistic thing I have ever encountered)
Wilson- 66%
Flacco- 70%
Glennon- 60%
Kaep- 59%
Dalton- 60%
Cutler- 63%
Rothlisburger- 49%
Eli- 55%
Kaep- 66%
Wilson- 81%
Rogers (and replacement)- 68%
Stafford- 85%
Hoyer- 60%
Looking good, Rushin! Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »