I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders) - Page 3 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

This is a discussion on I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #17
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

First, the commentary on the girl situation from the test sliders video is HILARIOUS! I do hope you find a cheap solution to your problem, lol.

Second, my favorite novel of all time is Brothers Karamazov. I read that over an entire summer when I was an undergraduate. Really stuck with me. I imagine it's a million times better in Russian.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #18
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
First, the commentary on the girl situation from the test sliders video is HILARIOUS! I do hope you find a cheap solution to your problem, lol.

Second, my favorite novel of all time is Brothers Karamazov. I read that over an entire summer when I was an undergraduate. Really stuck with me. I imagine it's a million times better in Russian.
Words are only words, you learn them to find out you have no preference who you talk to- Russians or English speakers. But thanks, I do intend for it to be humor+games but I think I am very dry and much humor is lost on people who think I am just being crazy. I see, on youtube, a lot of people are very... WACKY, and that is not my personality.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #19
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
10 wow, about the sideline thing- i noticed exactly the opposite, they ALWAYS get their feet in, so I really don't know what to say about this. I played 2 more games and got 3 sacks total, those were with a chiefs franchise with strong defensive players, I don't know why they get away from me, I'm WORKING to get those sacks, maybe I'm just lucky cause the game feels like it should to me, it's harder though, lost 24-6 with 300 passing yards (how do you lose that game? I don't know, I did)
I saw the same thing as well with both your sets. I have seen great sidelines grabs and toe taps in the endzone as well.

Quote:
no I guess not fixed, I wil just say that I see less, but it is very competitive and you have to play well, I have been overpowered but I throw stupid passes sometimes.
The 2 games I played were very competitive and felt very real. I thought the overall feel of the game was better on this set than the original set and the sacks were definitely tamed a bit with this set. I found myself dialing up blitzs to try to get pressure, the games were both a real dog fight but very different. The first was a defensive battle against the jets which I won on a last second field goal 23-21. The second game was compete shootout that I lost 38-34 to the Chiefs. But I did see a couple issues with this set that I didn't see with the other, 1) The CPU drops too many passes and 2) The CPU intercepts...A LOT!! If you make a bad read or try to stick it in there in tight coverage they will take it away, there is pretty much zero margin for error. Now understand, for number 2, that is not necessarily a bad thing, my stick skills aren't the best, only my play calling keeps me in most games. I'm sure #1 would be an easy fix, just bump catch up a few notches.

If I end up needing some help with the INTs which slider affects the CPU making interceptions, the CPU or User INT slider?

Honestly I really enjoyed both sets but if I can fix the CPU drops issue I think the second set just plays smoother and feels better. How much do you suggest I would need to bump up WR catch?

Thanks again for another excellent slider set!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 09-27-2014, 11:51 PM   #20
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I saw the same thing as well with both your sets. I have seen great sidelines grabs and toe taps in the endzone as well.

The 2 games I played were very competitive and felt very real. I thought the overall feel of the game was better on this set than the original set and the sacks were definitely tamed a bit with this set. I found myself dialing up blitzs to try to get pressure, the games were both a real dog fight but very different. The first was a defensive battle against the jets which I won on a last second field goal 23-21. The second game was compete shootout that I lost 38-34 to the Chiefs. But I did see a couple issues with this set that I didn't see with the other, 1) The CPU drops too many passes and 2) The CPU intercepts...A LOT!! If you make a bad read or try to stick it in there in tight coverage they will take it away, there is pretty much zero margin for error. Now understand, for number 2, that is not necessarily a bad thing, my stick skills aren't the best, only my play calling keeps me in most games. I'm sure #1 would be an easy fix, just bump catch up a few notches.

If I end up needing some help with the INTs which slider affects the CPU making interceptions, the CPU or User INT slider?

Honestly I really enjoyed both sets but if I can fix the CPU drops issue I think the second set just plays smoother and feels better. How much do you suggest I would need to bump up WR catch?

Thanks again for another excellent slider set!
thanks, I actually enjoy them more too, I'm using them for my online CFM (Drago nfl, anyone can join) I moved the cpu interceptions down to 30 on the CFM and WR catching up to 47.
Old 09-28-2014, 12:14 AM   #21
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
thanks, I actually enjoy them more too, I'm using them for my online CFM (Drago nfl, anyone can join) I moved the cpu interceptions down to 30 on the CFM and WR catching up to 47.
Cool, I'm going to update those 2 and continue my season, at least until the patch drops, then we'll have to see what that changes. For now I'm enjoying the heck out of them!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 01:37 AM   #22
All Star

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Words are only words, you learn them to find out you have no preference who you talk to- Russians or English speakers. But thanks, I do intend for it to be humor+games but I think I am very dry and much humor is lost on people who think I am just being crazy. I see, on youtube, a lot of people are very... WACKY, and that is not my personality.
I checked your profile. Looks like a winner to me lol.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:19 AM   #23
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm playing pre-season, I switched to a modified version of this set (had been using a modified version of your previous set), and yes, it seemed, for one game at least, sacks immediately became less of an issue. Which causes me to wonder why, as I do not really much different, other than lowering man coverage and raising pass block a little . . .
Old 09-28-2014, 06:50 AM   #24
Pro

tyler28's Arena

Moving game speed to fast is a game changer. I think that's why i was killing teams on all pro i was on slow speed. I read in a thread to go to slow I've never played on it till this year. I didn't plan a full game on all pro with it yet but from what I've seen it is a lot more competitive and probably the way too go. Fast on all madden.. ya right lol.

If you guys are having int. Issues by the cpu. Turn down the int. Slider. The lower it is the more swatted passes you'l see Iinstead of picks. They will get to the ball the same but knock it down instead of an int. Same for hum slider.

Last edited by tyler28; 09-28-2014 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling errors.. damn. auto correct on my phone

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »