Home

I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

This is a discussion on I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2014, 07:58 PM   #41
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

Last one of these i'll post about this slider set, you can see here, the game is not easy- I got 0 sacks in the game, 0 takeaways, played very well, make good passes, no picks. If you saw the season video, there were many close games, couple blowouts, I think this is how it happens in the NFL, it's really hard to win a game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 01:39 PM   #42
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
Yes i'm sure, you're just throwing bad passes, you can see my stats on that video- 11 picks for the season. Go ahead and lower the RTP penalty, I leave it there because looking at the team penalties screen at the end of the season and seeing

Rams- 15 penalties for 120 yards
Next closest team- 75 penalties for 945 yards

irritates me... So I let RTP make up for it. Yes man, the sliders are hard, you're not supposed to get a lot of sacks, remember!
Well, I'm not so sure it is me just throwing bad passes though, it seems to be more that the CPU DBs drop nothing! They catch better than the CPU WRs! If they are near it it's a pick. My DBs only catch maybe 1 out of 4 or 5 they have a chance at. That's why I asked if the sliders were switched, it's playing like the CPU is on 51 and User is on 30. I admit I've thrown some bad passes but DBs in the NFL don't catch like All Pro WRs.

I have no problem with the lack of sacks and the game is hard, that was the goal of the set and the NFL is hard to win in. As for the RTP, the issue I have was a lot CPU drive seems to be prolonged by a RTP call. Every time I get a stop it's RTP, first down.

Other than that the game is playing very well and looks very realistic, just need to tone down the RTP and the CPU INTs.

FYI, I have seen holding and DPI called!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-05-2014, 10:22 PM   #43
Rookie

No they are not switched, that is strange though, I catch maybe 30% and the CPU catches about the same, many more knockdowns than interceptions for both. There are a lot of RTP calls, and I wish I could differ from when they barely touch him and actually deserves the call, but I need it to be that way because there are pass interferences not called (it has been called very rarely for me) clipping, unsportmanlike conduct, the RTP is my penalty yard fixer. and I get those calls to, to extend my drives, it evens out.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:29 PM   #44
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
No they are not switched, that is strange though, I catch maybe 30% and the CPU catches about the same, many more knockdowns than interceptions for both. There are a lot of RTP calls, and I wish I could differ from when they barely touch him and actually deserves the call, but I need it to be that way because there are pass interferences not called (it has been called very rarely for me) clipping, unsportmanlike conduct, the RTP is my penalty yard fixer. and I get those calls to, to extend my drives, it evens out.
Understood. The INT issue is my biggest problem but I really don't want to drop it any lower. I will play some more games and see if it evens out. Thanks again, other than that the are playing the most realistic I've seen on Madden.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:37 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Understood. The INT issue is my biggest problem but I really don't want to drop it any lower. I will play some more games and see if it evens out. Thanks again, other than that the are playing the most realistic I've seen on Madden.
Good, yes edit them if there is a problem always, I've come to the point where I can noticed small edits from game to game, so the slider set i'm using now (almost identical to the ones posted at the beginning of the thread) is in my opinion, the realest game it can be without a patch, but with the QB edits, I can play a few seasons of almost perfect madden and I never thought i would say that, it's why I never bought madden every year, but I will probably be buying madden 16, I do support what EA has done, I love the game despite it's shortcomings.

Also, I havent seen anyone mentioning this, but this is still only the 2nd madden on next gen, can you imagine how this game will be in 3 more seasons? it's a great time to be alive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 10:58 PM   #46
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Good, yes edit them if there is a problem always, I've come to the point where I can noticed small edits from game to game, so the slider set i'm using now (almost identical to the ones posted at the beginning of the thread) is in my opinion, the realest game it can be without a patch, but with the QB edits, I can play a few seasons of almost perfect madden and I never thought i would say that, it's why I never bought madden every year, but I will probably be buying madden 16, I do support what EA has done, I love the game despite it's shortcomings.

Also, I havent seen anyone mentioning this, but this is still only the 2nd madden on next gen, can you imagine how this game will be in 3 more seasons? it's a great time to be alive.
I agree despite some issues, the overall gameplay is great! If the patch addresses the stats and sacks issues (though I'm not really seeing a sacks issue at the moment) that would go a long way in making this game about as realistic in game as you could expect. I'm not going to hold my breath on the penalties getting fixed, maybe next year. I do hope they address the owner mode issues as well. But if the patch doesn't drop soon I may go your rout and just use the QB edits.

Old 10-05-2014, 11:06 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I agree despite some issues, the overall gameplay is great! If the patch addresses the stats and sacks issues (though I'm not really seeing a sacks issue at the moment) that would go a long way in making this game about as realistic in game as you could expect. I'm not going to hold my breath on the penalties getting fixed, maybe next year. I do hope they address the owner mode issues as well. But if the patch doesn't drop soon I may go your rout and just use the QB edits.
The QB edits were gamechanging, I never saw huge volume like people claimed but yes too many, and when I downloaded them (not even epecting them to work) editd some guys who were better than madden said, and it worked and 54 sacks on the season, but really should have been in the 40's is a great number and very real to me, although there are times the QB throws it away when he shouldn't, and doesn't when he should, it helps for everything, and I owe that guy a lot for making the game much better (armor and sword)
Old 10-06-2014, 07:20 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

When you guys are passing do you try to hit the receivers button as soon as it lights up or do you wait until you feel they are open? Also when do you decide to use precision passing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »