I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders) - Page 7 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

This is a discussion on I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #49
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb0731
When you guys are passing do you try to hit the receivers button as soon as it lights up or do you wait until you feel they are open? Also when do you decide to use precision passing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I generally looks at the pass patterns and determine how i wanna do my check downs, and who I believe has the best chance of being open within ~3 seconds; you wanna try to allow a receiver to get some separation, especially, at least for me, on out routes, they seem to get jumped the most. (could be a issue with the slider settings I have used).

I find you can set sliders, mainly Pass reaction and pass cover to stop a particular route rather well, if you are playing in CFM or "Play Now," but that means that another route will be more open. It is like a rock, paper, scissor thing; the timing of your pass is also crucial, and taking time in practice to get timing down is a great idea.

Test against Cover 2 and Cover 3 defenses, as they are generally the most popular, both M2m under and full zone versions.

Also with precision passing, the further you go on your QB accuracy slider below 50, the worse precision passing is and actually becomes useless at a point...at 50 and above, precision passing really shines.....
Old 10-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #50
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

On the downside, I noticed that with these settings, HB slip screens seem to get blown up almost every time (a lot worse than an default sliders).
Old 10-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #51
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

so far i have been able to lower sack and tackles for loss with the following sliders - i was using the broncos and seahawks to test..
HUM/CPU
QB acc 32/32
Pass blk 100/100
wr catch 42/42

run blk 100/100
fumble 35/35

reaction 70/70
intercept 35/35
pass cover 45/45

tackle 20/20

(my focus so far has been on balancing pass cover and reaction time, which is why there is no difference, at this point, in human/cpu ratings, but in CPU versus CPU games, 8 min quarters i am getting about 3 sack on average).

CPU pass blocking needs to be 100 or close to it because the block shedding/finesse move system of pressing 1 of 2 buttons is very powerfull against the base 50 slider settings when playing against the CPU....
Old 10-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Well, I'm not so sure it is me just throwing bad passes though, it seems to be more that the CPU DBs drop nothing! They catch better than the CPU WRs! If they are near it it's a pick. My DBs only catch maybe 1 out of 4 or 5 they have a chance at. That's why I asked if the sliders were switched, it's playing like the CPU is on 51 and User is on 30. I admit I've thrown some bad passes but DBs in the NFL don't catch like All Pro WRs.

I have no problem with the lack of sacks and the game is hard, that was the goal of the set and the NFL is hard to win in. As for the RTP, the issue I have was a lot CPU drive seems to be prolonged by a RTP call. Every time I get a stop it's RTP, first down.

Other than that the game is playing very well and looks very realistic, just need to tone down the RTP and the CPU INTs.

FYI, I have seen holding and DPI called!
You can make picks just as frequently as the cpu and eventually win the turnover battle consistently. It's all bout practice.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:22 PM   #53
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
You can make picks just as frequently as the cpu and eventually win the turnover battle consistently. It's all bout practice.
Actually, no it's not, practice has nothing to do with it. I play no switch on D so it's more about the CPU controlled players dropping the ball for my D and catching everything on the CPU side.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 2

I haven't had any time to play video games sences like wesday with football and MLB playoffs but I have played like 8 games on fast and nothing has changed. The least amonth of sacks in those 8 games that I have gotten is 4 and the most I had was 12 and on average like 8-9 a game. I am still getting way to many sacks. The issue is that the CPU just holds on to the ball to long not that I get to the QB to much so If I where to put CPU pass blocking up to much they would have all day to though the ball. The thing is that like 75% of the sacks are just because the CPU doesn't though the ball away when they should it just needs to be patched.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #55
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Rushin, will you be updating these after testing with the patch?

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-08-2014, 02:11 AM   #56
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Rushin, will you be updating these after testing with the patch?
I don't know, it doesn't seem different to me, I only played a couple games so I need to play more to decide but if the patch changed how the CPU plays, I haven't noticed it yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »