Home

As anyone tried this to reduce sacks ?

This is a discussion on As anyone tried this to reduce sacks ? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

OVR: 1
As anyone tried this to reduce sacks ?

I know most sliders guru around here are using aholbert32 subs, and rightfully so. I'm using them myself. But I was wondering...

With the OL auto-subs being set at 0/3 or 0/1, and fatigue at 60 or 70...is it possible that we are actually weakening the OL, by leaving them on the field more than they probably "should". I understand the OL barely change during a game in real life, but has anyone tried to increase the subs value so that they would rotate more, and maybe be a bit more effective ?

Last edited by KomicJ; 09-24-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: As anyone tried this to reduce sacks ?

Interesting thought. I know everyone has upped fatigue because we want the correct subs but you might be right in that this might be at the expense of the oline. I'll set up an online cfm at default fatigue level and see if that makes a difference. I'll put it on twitch just for review
Old 09-24-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

Interesting idea. My backup OL, with the exception of one guy, are all young and very green. All rated in the high 60's with one or two at 70. I might be better off with a tired stud LT over a fresh rookie with low awareness.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #4
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Interesting thought. I know everyone has upped fatigue because we want the correct subs but you might be right in that this might be at the expense of the oline. I'll set up an online cfm at default fatigue level and see if that makes a difference. I'll put it on twitch just for review
I'm not sure bringing down the fatigue to default would be the correct way to do it tough, as it would affect the D-Line as much as the O-Line. Plus, it would screw up all the other positions too, which are fine with Aaron's sub set.

I was thinking more about bumping sub in/out for the O-Line...maybe not to the extent of where the DL is (usually 50/55) but probably a lot higher than 0/3, which I'm at right now.

I'm just not sure if I get how fatigue and subs work correctly. The way I understand it, a DE/DT would get subbed once he goes under 50. But the OL never gets subbed. So I wonder if on long drives, and possibly near the end of the game, the OL isn't just too exhausted to block correctly.

But I'm really not sure...it's not even a theory at this point, I was just curious to see if anyone had tried it.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:47 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Sacks are an issue at default settings so no, this is not why we are having TONS of sacks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 07:48 PM   #6
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

what about lowering fatigue but raising when players are subbed out. I've never used the subs and I don't see number of sacks other people mention. but like I said I never use because they reset after every game for me (i've searched and only I have this problem apparently) so I don't know a lot about subs, I'm not going to edit for every game so this isn't a concern for me- but someone should test this.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #7
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KomicJ
I know most sliders guru around here are using aholbert32 subs, and rightfully so. I'm using them myself. But I was wondering...

With the OL auto-subs being set at 0/3 or 0/1, and fatigue at 60 or 70...is it possible that we are actually weakening the OL, by leaving them on the field more than they probably "should". I understand the OL barely change during a game in real life, but has anyone tried to increase the subs value so that they would rotate more, and maybe be a bit more effective ?
This does make sense, I have read a lot of threads on here and it does seem a lot of people complain of the sack total going up greatly toward the end of the game and especially on the final drive. I just read on another thread where someone only had 2 sacks the whole game but then got 2 more on the final drive.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 09-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
Pro

KomicJ's Arena

I might be looking out for things that don't really exist, but...what about Holding penalties ? Every sliders set I've seen have them above 50.

You think the O-Line might do a better job if they weren't scared of being called for holding (ala IG theory for throwing the ball away) ?

I'll run a series of test for both later on tonight...but if anyone already tried it, did you notice anything ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »