Madden 15(ps4) "0" zero sliders cuz ratings should matter - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 15(ps4) "0" zero sliders cuz ratings should matter

This is a discussion on Madden 15(ps4) "0" zero sliders cuz ratings should matter within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-04-2014, 11:24 AM   #9
Rookie

chainsaw4099's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 15(ps4) "0" zero sliders cuz ratings should matter

played a good game with these sliders
Old 10-04-2014, 01:03 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felkmaster
What do you mean when you say controlling wr after the catch kills their awareness? Do you mean by controlling them their awareness means nothing?
Exactly! When I throw to Bmarsh, he goes for the extra yards while a younger WR with low AWR rating doesn't as much.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #11
Rookie

I am really enjoying these sliders but do have 2 observations wondering if anybody can suggest a solution to these problems I am having.

1. In 4 games there have been exactly 0 turnovers by either team. Many passes hit the DB's right in the hand and they drop them everytime. With the slider at 0 are you seeing any interceptions by human or computer?

2. I can't get my running game going at all. Any suggestions for that it's like I am not fast enough to get outside and for Christ sakes I am using CJ Spiller

Thanks

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 03:41 PM   #12
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Interesting with the "zero" theory; I have seen similar theories....My issue is, I have yet to hear anything from EA about what slider settings have no effect, positive or negative on player ratings or game play....

EA seems to be in the stance that they refuse to address sliders, which means they are either A-holes, or they have no clue either; your choice to which they are.

I would think at the very least EA could tell us at what point with the sliders are no player ratings modified..I can make an assumption, that since each game level now starts at sliders all on 50, that 50 is the slider setting for unmodified ratings...But without conformation my assumption has nothing to hold on to.

And if 50 slider settings do represent unmodified player ratings, then we can surely narrow down game play and player issues to poorly and improperly rated players in relation to each other, and in regards to how the software engine crunches the numbers.

Another issue is, a number of plays in every team's playbooks are just trash. With a human player, we can avoid them, but the CPU is at the mercy of whoever picked and ranked the priority of each play for each situation available for each team....

Last issue, and it is a question: Can you edit a stock team's playbook, save it and the stock team will use the edited playbook as it's original/default playbook, or once a playbook is edited it no longer is recognized as belonging to the team it was originally assigned to?

Really, outside of editing player ratings, which FGB does, and editing the default playbooks for the teams to ensure the broken or poorly created plays are never used, this game will always be a source of frustration for the SIM player.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:22 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs4Lif3
I am really enjoying these sliders but do have 2 observations wondering if anybody can suggest a solution to these problems I am having.

1. In 4 games there have been exactly 0 turnovers by either team. Many passes hit the DB's right in the hand and they drop them everytime. With the slider at 0 are you seeing any interceptions by human or computer?

2. I can't get my running game going at all. Any suggestions for that it's like I am not fast enough to get outside and for Christ sakes I am using CJ Spiller

Thanks
If you are having problems with the interceptions it happens. There are games in real life that they go half the season without an interception. In my honest opinion, madden has TOO MANY INTS for my taste. It also helps when you are in the lead in the game where as you dont have to force passes. But, you can bump up the int to 1 BUT NOTHING HIGHER. Running the ball is tricky. FOLLOW YOUR BLOCKS. If not, get better blockers or work on them. You gotta remember not every team has a pro bowl O linemen.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:30 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Interesting with the "zero" theory; I have seen similar theories....My issue is, I have yet to hear anything from EA about what slider settings have no effect, positive or negative on player ratings or game play....

EA seems to be in the stance that they refuse to address sliders, which means they are either A-holes, or they have no clue either; your choice to which they are.

I would think at the very least EA could tell us at what point with the sliders are no player ratings modified..I can make an assumption, that since each game level now starts at sliders all on 50, that 50 is the slider setting for unmodified ratings...But without conformation my assumption has nothing to hold on to.

And if 50 slider settings do represent unmodified player ratings, then we can surely narrow down game play and player issues to poorly and improperly rated players in relation to each other, and in regards to how the software engine crunches the numbers.

Another issue is, a number of plays in every team's playbooks are just trash. With a human player, we can avoid them, but the CPU is at the mercy of whoever picked and ranked the priority of each play for each situation available for each team....

Last issue, and it is a question: Can you edit a stock team's playbook, save it and the stock team will use the edited playbook as it's original/default playbook, or once a playbook is edited it no longer is recognized as belonging to the team it was originally assigned to?

Really, outside of editing player ratings, which FGB does, and editing the default playbooks for the teams to ensure the broken or poorly created plays are never used, this game will always be a source of frustration for the SIM player.
From what I have expirienced was that the only sliders that matter ar QB ACC, WR CATCH, FUMBLES and Tackling. QB ACC from 3-5 is best. Anything lower than 3 you get these RIDICULOUS overthrown passes on OPEN TARGETS, smh even with manning or brady. WR CATCH, anything higher than 45 they catch almost anything and anything lower than 43 i think they drop ALOT of passes. At 45 though, they catch good depending on their rating and for some reason it activates catching animations you dont see at a lower setting. Fumbles.... If the cpu CANNOT run the ball on you it can be different things. With fumbles at 45, they tend to "see" the whole and make a cut for it if its available. Anything lower and they don't use the cut back lanes or nothing. If the cpu CANNOT run the ball, just bump up the cpu fumbles, or lower your tackle rating. Tackling depics how fast and how good the defensive players cut the field. My suggestion for anyone who for some reason cant run the ball with these settings, practice practice practice. At first, I was getting less than 2 yds a carry. Remember that in the nfl BIG RUNS matter and drastically change the RBs ypc. Then I had to shift a te or a fb or a WR. NEVER FLIP PLAYS ON OFFENSE, cuz the defense doesnt adjust.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S

I haven't tried it yet, but I know that in madden 25 YOU CAN! I edited the bears defensive playbook and took out all the plays that they normally didn't run on defense for that year. Saved it and all I did on ccm was change the playbook for my team on the "vs" screen options and everytime I played it actually stayed with that playbook.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:37 PM   #16
Rookie

PG13 aka DW98's Arena

Hey Guys will these work on the PS3 version of this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »