Jarodd21s Madden 15 All-Madden Sliders - Page 10 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Jarodd21s Madden 15 All-Madden Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 15 All-Madden Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 15 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
There is no link to my lab work. I am simply providing feedback to my brudda from annudda mudda, Jarrod21, about observations that I am seeing in my lab work so that he can consider it in his slider work.

Years ago I created a slider thread discussing my lab work, but the effort to keep it current, almost killed me. In my experiences, Jarrod21 (back in the day Playmaker was also a Madden slider legend) is a Madden slider legend/guru and has the same maniacal passion and attention to what matters regarding how Madden SHOULD play that I do, so I typically follow his work and compare it to my observations.

Since Jarrod21's slider thread got off to a slow start this year, I thought I would share with Jarrod21 some of my lab observations.
Well I'm currently testing, and am also getting some very encouraging results right now. I'm having issues putting my finger on pass defense though, and am curious as to what your working on with those particular sliders.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:06 PM   #74
Rookie

I was rocking with your blue sliders and the games were really close. One was 45-42 vs the Chiefs and another 52-48 vs the Cowboys. The only problem is we forced 11 fumbles in those games. I'm giving them one last try and hoping that that was just fluky. I'll give you more updates after my upcoming Bengals game. This is a Titans franchise by the way.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #75
Banned

These sliders are the ish! Completely changed and improved the game... I played 2 games last night with the Red Set after playing exclusively with madden defaults. Lost the first contest 23-9 paying for my mistakes and grinded out a 17-14 win in game 2. I used 8 minutes & 25 second clock accel out of habit but my stars were low on downs played with the fatigue factor added in. Will bump this up. My impressions are similar to Marketing wiz but he's probably more poignant with his #'s.

Messed around some with the pass reaction time and at first glance lowering it to 81-90 seems appropriate. I did not alter pass coverage. In a few spots CB's unrealistically jumped quick routes and were in prime position to make a pick after being at a significant positional disadvantage when the QB threw the ball. I have been mediocre throwing the ball with Bortles in his first 2 games (5 quarters, 336 yards, 65%, 7.4 YPA, 2 TD & 3 INT) which is to be expected. Once Bortles was hurt and Drew Stanton came in things went down hill fast and Stanton's lack of THP was exploited by DB's reaction time.

As far as the sack issue goes things went hella smoother. After reading via a link to the Slider's thread I set Intentional Grounding to 0 at the start. QB commits a few Intentional Grounding plays/game throwing it away but this is much better than 8 "routine" sacks. Also saw QB intelligence improve moving around and getting out of the pocket.

5 STARS+. What a convenient day I chose to come check out the sliders forum. Thank you Jarrod.

Will spend a bunch of time playing on these tonight and throwing my 2 cents in if needed.

EDIT: Missed Marketing Wiz's post about pass coverage and reaction. Look forward to hearing what you're working with.

** & realized I'm playing on the Blue set, not Red

Last edited by Dynastyyy; 10-04-2014 at 11:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 09:37 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Update:

My lab work is indicating that the PASS REAC and PASS COVER sliders may be broken.

I presently have a working slider set that is providing me with great QB play, very solid pass defense from the CPU and for the USER, and penalties are more pronounced than usual. I am getting encroachments, false starts, holdings, Defensive PI (occasionally), unnecessary roughness calls, I have blocked a punt on two occasions and most importantly, the QB in the pocket seems to "sense" the rush and want to do something to avoid the impending sack.

My sliders emphasize, de-emphasizing, the PASS REAC and PASS COVER sliders completely.... Dunno bro, but the PASS REAC and PASS COVER sliders may have a part in glitching the game....

Also, my stat lines on avg. yards per completion for QB are now more in line with NFL averages as well.

What is your lab work saying pimp?
Ok great sooooooo what did your lab come up with in terms of reaction and coverage to get these results with the gameplay you have described.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:52 PM   #77
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylorlenart
Here are the stats for the game i played

Offense Red Set Defense Green Set

Bucs 17 (Me) vs Redskins 9

Total Offense 319/300

Rush Yards 96/55

Passing Yards 223/244

First downs 16/19

Total Yards 433/361

Turnovers 1/2

3rd Down 5-11/5-11

Red Zone 3-3/0-2

Individual Stats

Bucs
Passing
Matthew Stafford 17/26 223 yards 0 TD 1 INT

Rushing
Matt Forte 26 att 71 yards 2.7 avg 0 TD's
Christine Michael 4 att 10 yards 2 TD's
Knile Davis 2 att 8 yards
Erik Lorig 2 att 9 yards

Receiving
AJ Green 5 Rec 61 yards
Matt Forte 4 rec 74 yards
Desean Jackson 3 rec 47 yards
Jermaine Gresham 3 rec 17 yards
Brandin Cooks 2 rec 24 yards

Defense
Vontaze Burfict 7 tak 1 sack
Justin Tuck 4 tak 2 sacks
Ryan Kerrigan 4 tak 2 sacks
Cory Greenwood 2 tak 2 sacks
Anthony Spencer 2 tak 1 sack 1 FF
Mychal Kendricks 4 tak 1 FF 1 FR
Jonathan Joseph 4 tak 1 FR
Michael Kendricks 4 tak 1 FR

Washington

Passing
Christian Ponder 20/27 236 yards
Ryan Tannehil 8/10 72 yards

Rushing
Trent Richardson 9 att 17 yards
Christian Ponder 5 att 38 yards
Henry Hynoski 1 att 1 yard

Receiving
Zach Miller 8 Rec 105 yards
Trent Richardson 6 rec 33 yards
Cody Latimer 5 rec 42 yards
Jeremy Maclin 3 rec 33 yards
Lestar Jean 3 rec 60 yards
Jerricho Cotchery 3 rec 35 yards

Defense
David Harris 9 tak
Donald Butler 8 tak
Adrian Wilson 6 tak
Deangelo Hall 1 tak 1 INT
Stats wasn't bad besides Ponder's. Haha! I see you got a red and green combination going on.. Have you played anymore games?
Old 10-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #78
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have been doing some testing with reaction, and a little less with pass cover. But what I appear to be seeing is:

Slider ratings between 20 to 80 is where you see a different in reaction time, lower actually being quicker...And with pass cover, higher rating results in the CB being able to stay with the receiver longer before separation. Seems more zone defense related than M2M...I believe M2M is based more on straight rating, and so my hypothesis is that EA/Tiburon fixed zone coverage by tying the reaction time and pass cover sliders to how defenders play in zone..

BUT:

Slider ratings between 1-19 & 81 & 99, I cannot see a difference, it is as if they both have the same reaction time between those numbers on the extreme side of each scale...

Also I noticed, Reaction time effects, as far as I can perceive, how quickly players react to the ball carrier/RB, and whether they get caught up in blocks or not....
So you are saying that the best way to see the difference in the Pass reaction time is inbetween 20-80 with the lower end having a quicker reaction simliar to the past 2 maddens? Were you testing this in franchise mode?
Old 10-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #79
MVP

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
You got that! Couldn't watch it anymore half way through the 3rd. God, ponder is terrible. Worst part about it, they wouldn't started harnish!😡 guy we signed.

I miss teddy!!!

I'm going home now. Finished up college! So excited! Haha. Got my degree! Time to relax, enjoy today, play some Madden and do some testing!!! Have you done any changes to the sliders? Haven't really looked, been testing on the blue set... I remember I saved my game, was half time Raiders vs Jets 14-17.. Finish it up in a bit
Did you ever finish up that game?
Old 10-04-2014, 11:10 PM   #80
Pro

MvPeterson2828's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Did you ever finish up that game?
Yeah, my bad. Haha.

I lost 20-31. Geno smith went robo... 29-31 320 yards 3 TDs 2 picks... Carr finished 22-40 290 2 TD's 3 picks.

Rushing;

Jones drew 10 carriers 32 yards 1 Fumble

Mcfadden 13 carriers 56 yards 2 TDs.

Chris ivory 17 carriers 132 yards. 3 fumbles.

Chris Johnson 2 carriers 10 yards

Receiving;

Rod streater 8 catches 78 yards 1 TD

James jones 3 catches 23 yards

Denarius moore 1 catch 19 yards

Mychal rivera 4 catches 35 yards 1 TD

David Ausberry 1 catch 6 yards.

Plus side was I had 3 sacks
They had 2.

I am really stuck on the accuracy issue, it's killing me. Haha

Blue set I'm using.

CPU pass block 100
It has brought down sack numbers, by a lot!

Reaction time still at 100

Hum Pass coverage at 90... Not really making much of a difference.

CPU accuracy 30, brought it down to 25...

Brought both sides of catching to 65. Hum/CPU

Tackling for both sides to 35. Hum/CPU.

Makes the run game a bit tougher

I tweaked Kick off and punt power for both sides. Kick off 46
Punt power 40. Hum/CPU.
Saw punts flying like 70 yards Every time. Kick off had ball flying into the stands every time.

I enjoy what I have... I'm so close to a perfect set. Just completion %'s.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »