Home

I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

This is a discussion on I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2014, 02:40 AM   #1
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

These are slight alterations of my other set, was able to keep basic idea of coverage reaction low with high pass coverage ability. In 4 games testing, I had 5 sacks, while I only won one of those games, these sliders are harder than my other ones, here is gameplay video, this is last of these falcons test videos, I will only do play along with the game videos in the future, they are funner, but these had to be done this way because I needed to focus on the games while testing this slider set.

you'll notice on one play, their star WR is on my linebacker which he BURNS for the deep TD, and another long throw, my CB swats it down, the game does still feel realistic, tackle numbers slightly low, i got run on hard by adrian peterson, but I stuffed other teams, faced a lot of passing plays, always come very hard after the QB, and had 5 in 4 games, so worth it to test I think. When I get a sack with these, i EARNED it. and don't feel bad for getting it. But to give you an idea, I have 300 passing yards in a game i'm playing now, and only 6 points, you can move the ball a lot but drives stall, it's a good set I think.

Here is sliders
12 min. all-pro, 20 sec. runoff.
gameplay speed- fast
strafe assist- off
default subs

Human
QB ACC- 43
Pass Blocking- 51
WR Catching- 42
Run Blocking- 43
Fumbles- 43
Pass Defense Reaction Time- 3
Interceptions- 51
Pass Coverage- 75
Tackling- 37

CPU
QB ACC. 46
Pass Blocking- 71
WR Catching- 42
Run Blocking- 65
Fumbles- 60
Pass Defense Reaction Time- 3
Interceptions- 33
Pass Coverage- 84
Tackling- 42

FG Power- 51
FG Acc.- 51
Punt Power- 55
Punt Acc.- 55
Kickoff Power- 46

Injuries- 69
Fatigue- 61
Threshold- 10

(you can use ANY penalties you like, they have no effect on what the CPU does, it's incorrect decision making happens so often, but they are smart enough CPU code to take these into account? I don't believe and I haven't seen)
Offside- 60
False Start- 67
Holding- 76
Face Mask- 51
Defensive Pass Interference- 100
Offensive Pass Interference- 100
Clipping- 51
Intentional Grounding- 100
Roughing the passer- 69
Roughing the kicker- 0

After thinking for a long time about what happens in NFL games, I realized what the game is doing right under my nose the whole time, the player attribute "pursuit" is keeping plays too close, and I feel that on normal game speed, you will react too quickly because real QB only has a couple seconds to make a decision or throw it away or scramble, and blowing people out is because it's easy to react. Sadly, this looks less like a real game than my other sliders, because of the amount of time the cpu QB has, although it has more of that 'different types of games' reaction, i lose 2 by 7 or more, 1 by 1, and win one by 6. The games feel good overall and you can see the video to have a look at them before you decide if you want to test. If you do, thanks, report, I hope this works as a usefull fix until EA fixes (they could just set all the QBs to throw it away by default)

Last edited by rushinplayallgame; 10-06-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 02:51 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: I think I fixed too many sacks. (test these sliders)

So you are saying that if you play on fast that you don't get so many sacks?
Old 09-27-2014, 02:53 AM   #3
Pro

Interesting,even though i play coach mode i'll be trying out some stuff with these.Really enjoying your work this year.
Warriors
Sharks
Old 09-27-2014, 02:56 AM   #4
Pro

Rushin are you using only strafe off or all assists meaning ballhawk etc.?
Warriors
Sharks
Old 09-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #5
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Rushing turn your opi. And dpi. Down to around 20. The game play is much better. More toe tapping on side line more precise routes. The secondary will play more realistic. II'msure your still not seeing any calls at 100. This affects them not being scared to play. When Iit'sturned up the rreceiver is scared to go for a jump ball aas isa db. WWith it down you can throw it down field and if you have a stud receiver he will go up for it or vice versa. It really makes a dif. btw. I ended up on all madden tweaked some things and it's working great now with the base being your old sliders. I was the panthers and won 14 to 6 against the bucs. Defensive battle. With the reaction time down you can play all madden without frustrating results. So when you dominate all pro move up. Just turn qb acc down a little on all mad. Qb will throw it on the money all the time iuse 30hum. And 35 cpu. Keeping Iit up is better than 8 or 10 like I'v seen. It really shows Iif you have a 95 qb or 75 qb. Great job working these out. You did major improvements w sacks. I only get crazy sacks if the dl. Are studs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Just had another great game with your sliders and my little twist to them. Packers (me) vs Bears (CPU). First quarter I was up 7-0 driving for another score when I through a pick looking for Nelson on a post pattern but luckily my tight end hit the cornerback and he fumbled. It was picked up by Starks and he ran it in for a touchdown. From that point it was neck and neck. Cutler was torching my defense but I was able to shut down forte. Fast forward to the 4th quarter where I'm up 31-24 with 2:00 to go. I'm just looking to run the clock with Starks (I took Lacey out cause he fumbled earlier). First run by Starks it's a fumble that they take all the way for a score to tie the game. So I'm driving with Rogers doing what he does best. I get into excellent field goal range to win it with 3 seconds and I hit the goal post (17 mph winds). Overtime they get the ball first but I forced them to punt. An now Rogers puts his team on his back again and this time the field goal is good. 34-31

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2014, 11:23 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

@rushinplayallgame -

Thanks for sharing this updated slider set. I have actually been waiting to see if our slider gurus here at OS would make a set tailored to speed being at: 'Fast'. And the fact that you now have also tailored this set to address sacks is icing on the cake.

For everyone's reference, I have uploaded this new slider set to Madden Share so we can all get some testing in pronto! The files are titled: RUSHINPLAYALLGAME (both Player & CPU Skills) under the username: The_BBN_345.

Cheers fellas! Back in the lab for some testing (will be back shortly with boxscores)!

FYI, will test new set with SECElit3 (FBG Rosters) & Week 4 EA Rosters for OFFLINE, CFM.

Last edited by PhiPsi1; 09-27-2014 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #8
Rookie

I completely agree that fast is the way to go this year thanks for putting this set up. I will give them a try sometime this weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »