Defensive visuals effecting CPU gameplay??? - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Defensive visuals effecting CPU gameplay???

This is a discussion on Defensive visuals effecting CPU gameplay??? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-07-2014, 10:44 PM   #25
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Defensive visuals effecting CPU gameplay???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
you go schnaidt1
Lol haha....hey just had to give myself a shout out....i never do

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:57 PM   #26
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
Lol haha....hey just had to give myself a shout out....i never do
You Deserve it Brother
Old 10-08-2014, 08:07 AM   #27
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
It has to be on full...not just on
I thought I had mentioned that?....my bad,I did have all the visual aids on...in other words set to "full"

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 10-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #28
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I'll just post in this thread as far as sack #'s go using pro mode,normal speed and default thresh.

I'm just going to import my current sliders from all madden,as I mainly want to concentrate on the cpu sack issue....and I have cpu pbk at 100 now (iirc)...and if not,I'll definitely up that slider.

I don't care about tuning anything else at this point,only going to concentrate on the sack issue....so we'll see. And I do plan on trying with and without the visual aids and what-not....so we'll see
OK....just wanted to post a quick update.
I imported my AM set into my online CFM,just changed the difficulty to "Pro",and away I went.

The first thing I noticed was the game speed on normal felt like the slow speed setting from AM...felt pretty good actually.

This was tested with the defensive visuals set to "full" (as to avoid confusion)...now I will say I was only able to get in one half of play as I had plans with the wife..

At the half,I only had 2 sacks,one on Manuel and 1 on Orton,so there maybe something to pro level along with the "full" setting....now I'm obviously not going to jump to any conclusions either way yet as obviously more testing will be needed.

Something I noticed that actually blew me away...was the cpu QB's...they were throwing all sorts of different passes,short,medium as well as long,I thought I screwed up somewhere and raised cpu acc,so when I check their acc,I still had it set on 5 from my AM set....they were lighting me up,I couldn't believe it.

I am going to stick with Pro for a bit to see if I can dial some things in,so we'll see where it goes.

I'm not going to put up any slider sets or anything for Pro,because schnaidt already has that covered,but I will post sack #'s for those still interested.

Quote:
People are for reviews if it backs their argument, and against them when they don't.
Quote:
"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while."
Jack Lambert
Quote:
“We’re the Pittsburgh Steelers. We’re supposed to be the intimidators” - Jack Lambert
Old 10-08-2014, 10:28 AM   #29
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

OK,finished my preseason game against the Bills,everything as outlined in my previous post as far as settings go,the result??

7 sacks,1 against Manuel and 6 against Orton...the worst part? Buffalo actually had a chance to win the game late,but what happens? 3 straight sacks which led to 4th and 27.

So yea,I know it's only one game (seems to be the common excuse) but I don't believe the defensive visuals set to "full" has any effect at all on sacks...other than editing every QB,I don't see any way to alleviate the issue...and I'm not going to do that as I would like to play multiple seasons.

Sure there was more "shifting" from the cpu QB,but those shifts led right into sacks as well as the known issue of the qb's just holding the ball to long..I'm about to give up,as (I don't like to use this term) this is truly a game killer for me.

Quote:
Quote:
Jack Lambert
Quote:
Old 10-08-2014, 11:44 AM   #30
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I was HOPING that employing the "box features" (Tackle Cone : Full / Playing as DL employing "Special Moves" on the new button settings) would have been more impactful...

I don't like the cone idea, but you'd figure that EA would test on AP Default / Default Penalties / Cone : On / Playing as DL, etc.

I was also HOPING that was the reason they aren't seeing the same issue...different play style...

Guess not?

UGH
Old 10-08-2014, 12:42 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
OK,finished my preseason game against the Bills,everything as outlined in my previous post as far as settings go,the result??

7 sacks,1 against Manuel and 6 against Orton...the worst part? Buffalo actually had a chance to win the game late,but what happens? 3 straight sacks which led to 4th and 27.

So yea,I know it's only one game (seems to be the common excuse) but I don't believe the defensive visuals set to "full" has any effect at all on sacks...other than editing every QB,I don't see any way to alleviate the issue...and I'm not going to do that as I would like to play multiple seasons.

Sure there was more "shifting" from the cpu QB,but those shifts led right into sacks as well as the known issue of the qb's just holding the ball to long..I'm about to give up,as (I don't like to use this term) this is truly a game killer for me.
My brudda from annuda brudda:

Just a curiosity.... What is your playing style? Meaning, do you fully control a defensive player? Do you switch players once the play starts? Is this sack frustration only on the USER side or does also rear its head on the CPU side as well?

The Wiz has got the lab up and humming and TRULY appreciates any and all feedback from savvy Madden veterans who know how to quantify and qualify their observations and gripes.

At present, my lab does support that the USER does seem to "cheese" into some sacks that kills CPU drives.... HOWEVER, I believe that some concoctions that I have cobbled together have possibly tamed the issue but it is WAY TOO early in my testing to certify my observations as fact... What always delays me is having savvy veteran players WHO KNOW the strategy of playing solid football testing theories brewing in my lab...

'Preciate your time...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 01:21 PM   #32
All Star

Kramer5150's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
My brudda from annuda brudda:

Just a curiosity.... What is your playing style? Meaning, do you fully control a defensive player? Do you switch players once the play starts? Is this sack frustration only on the USER side or does also rear its head on the CPU side as well?

The Wiz has got the lab up and humming and TRULY appreciates any and all feedback from savvy Madden veterans who know how to quantify and qualify their observations and gripes.

At present, my lab does support that the USER does seem to "cheese" into some sacks that kills CPU drives.... HOWEVER, I believe that some concoctions that I have cobbled together have possibly tamed the issue but it is WAY TOO early in my testing to certify my observations as fact... What always delays me is having savvy veteran players WHO KNOW the strategy of playing solid football testing theories brewing in my lab...

'Preciate your time...
My playing style?...simple....I try my hardest to simulate what you see on Sunday's...simple as that.

I ONLY play as a LB and do not switch during any time during the play,I let the cpu call my defense,as I like to think it's LeBeau sending in the play.

Playing as the Steelers,I blitz alot,but 9/10 times it's not me who actually gets the sack,it's my cpu teammates...the issue is the cpu QB's are brain dead once pressure gets to them.

Oh sure I could sit back in coverage,but what would that do? as I mentioned it's more my cpu controlled teammates.

I don't mind getting sacked by the cpu,and it's not an issue because I am controlling the QB,so I have the option to scramble,get sacked or throw the ball away,sadly the cpu does not exhibit these traits.

Quote:
Quote:
Jack Lambert
Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »