Defensive visuals effecting CPU gameplay??? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Defensive visuals effecting CPU gameplay???

This is a discussion on Defensive visuals effecting CPU gameplay??? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-04-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
MVP

CT Pittbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Defensive visuals effecting CPU gameplay???

I am a sim guy and would definitely rather have the d-vision cone and QTE signals for the d-line off.

Anyone else notice a better game from the CPU with these visual settings on? It seems to me that when they are on the QB goes downfield more and just gets rid of the ball quicker in general. The play calling seems to be a little better as well.

This is in play now and cfm that I have noticed this. Maybe im losing it but I swear this matters.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Defensive visuals effecting CPU gameplay???

i tested this....and it sure seemed to make a difference for me...i had it turned off because i hate the cone and button mashing....but in 5 games my sack numbers were pretty realistic...or at least much better than the 8 or higher a game..

props to you...i updated my slider set with defensive cone on..

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #3
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
i tested this....and it sure seemed to make a difference for me...i had it turned off because i hate the cone and button mashing....but in 5 games my sack numbers were pretty realistic...or at least much better than the 8 or higher a game..

props to you...i updated my slider set with defensive cone on..
Fascinating......................................r eally fascinating.........................

What exactly are you seeing? Is it an improvement in CPU QB awareness?
Old 10-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #4
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Well when it was just set to on....nothing changed...but when it www set to full...qbs were more evasive....got rid of ball....and just took way less sacks.....it was interesting too see for sure

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
Well when it was just set to on....nothing changed...but when it www set to full...qbs were more evasive....got rid of ball....and just took way less sacks.....it was interesting too see for sure
I played a bit with it too and saw the same things. The QB AI has been my biggest issue in this game. With that addressed, I can get back to work on my sliders.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

lol this will be hilarious if is true. When i come back home i will test this with AZ vs Giants. I sacked Manning at least 6 times everytime we play. (no user sacks)
Old 10-07-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 3

Fellas - I'm glad someone actually brought this up! I didn't want to be 'that guy'! LOL! But i also noticed having 'full' defensive graphics on and in the 'defensive perspective' camera for some reason has yielded me the best results in regards to the 'sack issue'. I almost feel like, and this is a 'conspiracy theory', that the cone is almost like a 'warning' mechanism of some sort for the CPU QB that when he senses that 'force-field', he gets the ball out quicker and/or get the ball downfield or out of bounds. It was peculiar b/c the games that I have used the 'cone' the CPU has thrown out of bounds on a number of occasions. And I noticed this even more when I was using the FBG rated rosters as well.

Anyways, we may all be bitin' on the placebo pill, but who knows! LOL! Will definitely be testing out this after I download this new patch. In any case, I'm still enjoyin' the heck out of Madden this year.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #8
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Fellas - I'm glad someone actually brought this up! I didn't want to be 'that guy'! LOL! But i also noticed having 'full' defensive graphics on and in the 'defensive perspective' camera for some reason has yielded me the best results in regards to the 'sack issue'. I almost feel like, and this is a 'conspiracy theory', that the cone is almost like a 'warning' mechanism of some sort for the CPU QB that when he senses that 'force-field', he gets the ball out quicker and/or get the ball downfield or out of bounds. It was peculiar b/c the games that I have used the 'cone' the CPU has thrown out of bounds on a number of occasions. And I noticed this even more when I was using the FBG rated rosters as well.

Anyways, we may all be bitin' on the placebo pill, but who knows! LOL! Will definitely be testing out this after I download this new patch. In any case, I'm still enjoyin' the heck out of Madden this year.
If that is the case it will won`t work for me since i play as DB. My sacks are 100% CPU teammates. I will test this and will be back to report how it went for me. but i doubt it will work. sounds way to weird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »