Home

Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

This is a discussion on Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 02:34 AM   #89
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Boys this is great work.

EA could make your jobs a lot easier and our enjoyment of this frustrating game much higher with a transparent explanation of what each slider does and how they interact.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #90
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Just played a game using a mix of the slider gurus sliders and was pretty impressed.

Im Seattle playing SD. I held Rivers to 5/9 in the 1st quarter including a couple of missed on deeper passes. It's pre-season so the reserves came on, and their back up QB handled my back ups. He threw at 76% on mostly dinky short passes but he missed some which I havent seen before. I also saw my DBs knock down a couple which was good.

The running game felt good. I was shut down a few times, but busted out a couple of times.

Im going to up my interception 5 clicks and the CPU accuracy by 3 clicks as I didnt feel my D ever posed a threat to their passing game.

But overall, Im happier with this game than Ive been with any other game in Madden 15.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:14 AM   #91
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

great thread guys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 10:26 AM   #92
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Just played a game using a mix of the slider gurus sliders and was pretty impressed.

Im Seattle playing SD. I held Rivers to 5/9 in the 1st quarter including a couple of missed on deeper passes. It's pre-season so the reserves came on, and their back up QB handled my back ups. He threw at 76% on mostly dinky short passes but he missed some which I havent seen before. I also saw my DBs knock down a couple which was good.

The running game felt good. I was shut down a few times, but busted out a couple of times.

Im going to up my interception 5 clicks and the CPU accuracy by 3 clicks as I didnt feel my D ever posed a threat to their passing game.

But overall, Im happier with this game than Ive been with any other game in Madden 15.

What sliders are you using? My biggest issue is that my run avg per attempt is 5-12 yds
Old 10-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #93
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
...Pass reaction has no effect on M2M coverage, that I have witnessed....Reaction Time is about the quickness of players initiating movement to the ball carrier/receiver....In Zone defense the Higher the Reaction time, the quicker the defender responds to where the ball is thrown; inversely, the slower the defenders respond to the RB on a hand off....
Sorry but this is very confusing. You say with higher reaction time the quicker the defender responds but then you say the defender responds slower on run plays??? So are you saying with Reaction time high the defenders are quicker to the ball on passes but slower on runs? That doesn't seem to make much sense or am I missing something here. I have actually done quite a bit of testing with the Reaction and Coverage sliders and they sure appear to work as opposites. Meaning the lower the Reaction Slider the quicker the reaction to the ball\runner\WR, whereas with the Coverage slider, higher it is, the tighter the coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
First I play on AllPro to avoid ratings boost which confuse things further.

CPU:

QB ACC: 32 (If WR Drops and CB DEFL are accurate it doesn't need to be so low)

WR Catch 43 (somewhere between 41 and 45)

HUMAN:

Pass coverage: 5 (lots of bad coverage but the AI needs help)

Pass Def Reaction Time: 30

For what to set against yourself that depends on your skill so I don't really make many recs there but you need WR catch around 33 for Human players to actually drop it (not sure why?). As someone else noted your combination of QB ACC and WR catch interact because bad passes are harder to catch.
Just trying to understand your stance on this, how is it that the most popular slider set on here uses WRC of 75? Are all these people wrong?

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #94
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Last Gunfighter: Reaction Time, as I am observing it appears that:
1. works on the defenders who are in zones.
2. The higher the rating, from base 50, the quicker players in zone react to pass when thrown.
3. The lower the rating, from base 50, the slower the players in zone react to pass when thrown.

Essentially the slider, as it raises focuses the zone players to be quick to the pass, creating a less focus on the running game, resulting in a slower reaction to a run play, and vice-versa..

In the zone it would be equal to a zone player focusing on the receiver or looking into the backfield...IF a defender is looking into the backfield, in this case a lower reaction level, they will be faster to the run game, but slower to the pass game and where the receiver is, so it takes a longer time to locate the ball and who the target is....

Hope this is making sense? These is merely what I have observed....In either case, the higher the Reaction Time, the quicker defenders react to the ball in the air.. This is most notable in playing any offense and running, for example, a TE on a streak against cover 1 or cover 2; you can now set Reaction time to a level to make those deep middle routes impossible to complete; As you may remember, in M25 and prior, deep middle was always open unless you user controlled a player there; not any more it would appear..

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-14-2014 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #95
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Just trying to understand your stance on this, how is it that the most popular slider set on here uses WRC of 75? Are all these people wrong?
I do think those guys are crazy myself. At default you rarely see user drops. WRs should drop at least 10% of their passes so I can't imagine you see many drops at 75. BUT I also think the WR catching slider is almost useless this year. On the PS3 I put it at 0 for the user and barely noticed a difference. I just left it at 0 and it wasn't an issue. Haven't fully tested it on the PS4 but it's probably fairly broken and weak. I see NO reason to raise that slider though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 01:27 PM   #96
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Last Gunfighter: Reaction Time, as I am observing it appears that:
1. works on the defenders who are in zones.
2. The higher the rating, from base 50, the quicker players in zone react to pass when thrown.
3. The lower the rating, from base 50, the slower the players in zone react to pass when thrown.

Essentially the slider, as it raises focuses the zone players to be quick to the pass, creating a less focus on the running game, resulting in a slower reaction to a run play, and vice-versa..

In the zone it would be equal to a zone player focusing on the receiver or looking into the backfield...IF a defender is looking into the backfield, in this case a lower reaction level, they will be faster to the run game, but slower to the pass game and where the defender is, so it take a longer time to locate the ball and who the target is....

Hope this is making sense? These is merely what I have observed....In either case, the higher the Reaction Time, the quicker defenders react to the ball in the air.. This is most notable in playing any offense and running, for example, a TE on a streak against cover 1 or cover 2; you can now set Reaction time to a level to make those deep middle routes impossible to complete; As you may remember, in M25 and prior, deep middle was always open unless you user controlled a player there; not any more it would appear..
Understood, thank you for the explanation. What is concerning to me is that so many people can see the Reaction slider so differently. Pretty much everyone agrees a higher Coverage slider means better/tighter coverage (with the exception of Wiz) but people are all over the place with the Reaction slider. Some say higher is faster reaction and some say lower, some say don't go below 25, some don't go below 20, others nothing above 75 or 80. But what your saying is with it lower the defenders would react faster to the run but be slower reacting in their zone and with it higher they would react quicker in their zone assignment but be slower to come up in run support?

I don't know what to think any more, but I do know I played a bunch of games last night, gradually moving the Reaction slider lower, and it sure seemed my D played better the lower it got. So you do not agree with Wiz's assessment that lower for both Coverage and Reaction makes the D better? I know he does a lot of testing and I have used his sliders in the past and was very happy with them. Maybe he will chime in soon and enlighten us on how he came up with these findings.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »