Home

Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

This is a discussion on Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 04:19 PM   #105
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Tackles at 6, i have not witnessed an inconsistency in play; other sliders such as Pass and Run blk, i cannot see much difference in game play below of above 25-75.... QB Acc. u can see a difference between 1 and 5, but after about Qb Acc of 80, it seems to flatline and you get no additional effect, such as completing a pass in tight double coverage....

I use the 25-75 zone as a base rule - there are the obvious exceptions like QB accuracy at 5; I just haven't seen it much in other areas...I havent really seen a difference in tackles between 0 and 24, so I just picked "6" cause i like the number "6," to be honest...Tackling seems to show it's effect at around 30 to 33; at least for many other slider sets i have seen...But I am a big fan of the run, and when i test CPU running offense I want them to average 5 yards a carry, as that provides me a challenge to focus on run stopping....
So you really don't see much difference in Tackle until 30 or above? What speed are you using, Normal? All-Pro? Thanks for taking the time to explain some of this stuff!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 05:02 PM   #106
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
So you really don't see much difference in Tackle until 30 or above? What speed are you using, Normal? All-Pro? Thanks for taking the time to explain some of this stuff!
I use All-Pro and Slow speed.....I plan on trying normal speed in the near future....I started out with working from the defaults and will work my way to testing game speed once i'm happy with the game play, enough, at current speed.

I really do not see much difference in tackling between 30 and 5 or even 0; but i do not use zero because I am not sure how the engine handles zeros...So i go no lower than 1; and generally no higher than 99 or 95, when testing.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-14-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #107
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

NOte: I dropped QB Acc. down to 13; seems for some reason the QB does better getting the ball out faster when under pressure....Not sure if this has anything to do with the relationship between the QB Acc. slider and a particular penalty slider like Intentional Grounding....My next testing project is penalty sliders...
Old 10-14-2014, 05:28 PM   #108
Rookie

Is it worth trying having the pass coverage lower so the wr's are open more and a high reaction so ur defenders can break up the odd pass? I know it isn't completely real life which everyone seems to be chasing but it may be a fair compromise with some of the issues
Old 10-14-2014, 05:36 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 3

What are u doing to get user rushing below 5yds a carry?
Old 10-14-2014, 06:30 PM   #110
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
Is it worth trying having the pass coverage lower so the wr's are open more and a high reaction so ur defenders can break up the odd pass? I know it isn't completely real life which everyone seems to be chasing but it may be a fair compromise with some of the issues
Based on what I saw playing it's essential to keep pass coverage low in order to reduce the sacks number (CPU QB accuracy doesn't affect whether the CPU QB tries or not deep throws. It depends only on the coverage). Regarding pass reaction: it's the time the defenders need to get to the ball carrier (RB, TE, WR, QB) once the ball is in their hands. High pass reaction means less time (the defenders fly to tackle the ball carrier). So I think pass reaction has an impact only on the YAC.
Penalties have a big impact on the gameplay and higher the penalty is set higher are the chances that the penalty is called (also higher are the chances that the animations that trigger the penalty happen but not always the penalty is called: false start, facemask always get called; IG, OPI, DPI never called). This is to say that even if the penalties are not called the higher the penalties are set the more the CPU will behave (because of a code) the way to trigger the penalty: High IG throw ball away even if in the pocket, high DPI, OPI more aggressiveness by DB and WR...and so on). So a high IG is also essential to reduced the sacks number. This has to be combined and balanced with pass coverage, WR catch, OPI, DPI and facemask to get WR open enough that brings QB to throw the ball fast but also open (not wide open) the way that sometimes the DB (with the help of DPI and facemask) can breaks the catch (to keep completion % real).
Old 10-14-2014, 06:40 PM   #111
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felkmaster
What are u doing to get user rushing below 5yds a carry?
Seems to be a number of ways of doing it:

1. lower run blocking
2. lower Reaction time (lowering reaction time seems to loosen zone coverage reaction to the ball, so there is a negative to lowering this slider, as it will allow more passes to be completed in zone coverage, mainly deep middle passes on Cover 2 zones it appears so far, and deep passes to the right or left side of the field on cover 1 zones; cover 3 zones, if you play a lot, seems to do better with a lower reaction time, but I have not tested Cover 3 enough to say for certain)
3. increase tackling (also reduces yards after catch and increases tackles for loss, potentially)

an issue may be that sacks and tackles for loss are a play design issue or something in the programming itself and needs a patch to fix....With a pass block of 56, i can get screens off better with fewer sacks, when I user the QB)

(or a slight combination of all or 2 other the above changes)

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-14-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 3

Tried all that but still get over 5ypc at least. Usually much more. Someone suggested deleting the tuner. Game is unplayable. How are others not having this problem?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »