Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread - Page 18 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

This is a discussion on Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-15-2014, 05:58 PM   #137
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

My next testing will involve penalties and I have 2 controllers so I can set the offense and defense to what I wish to test, in an actual game, and I hope it will bear fruitful results as how penalty sliders may or may not effect game play...
Old 10-15-2014, 08:00 PM   #138
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
Get back in the huddle Wiz! On Madden or the women! Both would be great. As far as women goes, impossible to quantify but it's nice to know the answer is more than sometimes.

the Wiz sends his apologies...But the whole business of the lab testing of women threw me for a loop! Much too complicated (and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much drama!), and have decided to go back to what the Wiz does best, create the most authentic game experience that Madden has lurking inside of its DNA...

the Wiz is wrapping up putting M15 through its paces. Happy to say that M15 is more predictable than many OS'ers are giving it credit for.

In fact, the Wiz is confident that there is an angle on the "mix" to "fix":

1) the sack issue
2) to create better smoothness (slashing, change of directions, jukes, etc) by the player with the ball to avoid being tackled
3) solve robo QB while not sacrificing sacks
4) better OL/DL line interaction (Wiz prefers that the OL/DL interaction look like two bulls VIOLENTLY ramming into each other, one of them has to win!)
5) better "fighting" between WR's and DB's for space and leaping for balls
6) more natural feel and look to DB coverage of WR's on outs, drags, slants, curl and seam routes
7) finding balance for tackle breaking and fighting for extra yard animations

............among other goodies!

There have been sacrifices that the Wiz has had to make, and unfortunately, the Wiz does not see true game "realism", as far as the full breadth of stats that are typically seen in an NFL game (ie. # of passes dropped, # of penalties called, types of penalties called, keeping true 40 times, etc.) in M15's future. Sigh....

With beta testing done on the true nature/role/impact of the PEN SLIDERS, GAME SLIDERS and GAME FEATURES (slow speed, normal speed, fast speed, ball hawk, defensive cone, heat seeker, speed thresh, etc.) upon the game, the Wiz is now entering phase 2 of his work to apply the knowledge gleaned and "tune" a wicked brew that can more often than not, deliver statistical similarities within the game play, and strive for stats that could be typically seen on any given Monday, Thursday or Sunday.

Wish me luck!
Old 10-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #139
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
the Wiz sends his apologies...But the whole business of the lab testing of women threw me for a loop! Much too complicated (and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much drama!), and have decided to go back to what the Wiz does best, create the most authentic game experience that Madden has lurking inside of its DNA...

the Wiz is wrapping up putting M15 through its paces. Happy to say that M15 is more predictable than many OS'ers are giving it credit for.

In fact, the Wiz is confident that there is an angle on the "mix" to "fix":

1) the sack issue
2) to create better smoothness (slashing, change of directions, jukes, etc) by the player with the ball to avoid being tackled
3) solve robo QB while not sacrificing sacks
4) better OL/DL line interaction (Wiz prefers that the OL/DL interaction look like two bulls VIOLENTLY ramming into each other, one of them has to win!)
5) better "fighting" between WR's and DB's for space and leaping for balls
6) more natural feel and look to DB coverage of WR's on outs, drags, slants, curl and seam routes
7) finding balance for tackle breaking and fighting for extra yard animations

............among other goodies!

There have been sacrifices that the Wiz has had to make, and unfortunately, the Wiz does not see true game "realism", as far as the full breadth of stats that are typically seen in an NFL game (ie. # of passes dropped, # of penalties called, types of penalties called, keeping true 40 times, etc.) in M15's future. Sigh....

With beta testing done on the true nature/role/impact of the PEN SLIDERS, GAME SLIDERS and GAME FEATURES (slow speed, normal speed, fast speed, ball hawk, defensive cone, heat seeker, speed thresh, etc.) upon the game, the Wiz is now entering phase 2 of his work to apply the knowledge gleaned and "tune" a wicked brew that can more often than not, deliver statistical similarities within the game play, and strive for stats that could be typically seen on any given Monday, Thursday or Sunday.

Wish me luck!
I just have one question...When?

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-15-2014, 10:21 PM   #140
Banned

OVR: 0

Great to hear Wiz! I'm sure it'll be top notch. Drama comes with the territory otherwise they're just too boring. The variables putting that puzzle together would be A LOT of fun. Onto better things!
Old 10-16-2014, 05:12 AM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 3

not a "slider guru" or anything but after mangling someone elses sliders ive had interesting games against the 49ers

played the same game twice to see if it was a one off

but so far ive had..
deep passes against me
the cpu able to run, one game gore and colin were over 100 yards
around 5 sacks for me with cameron jordan, calais campbell and dwight freeny rushing
cpu quarterback at one stage was 2 for 8
a few penalties but mostly false start and holding

it could be down to my stick skills or lack of but so far it seems ok

ill post them up later if anyone is that interested
Old 10-16-2014, 07:51 AM   #142
Rookie

Post them. Can't hurt.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #143
Rookie

all madden
game speed, normal
14 minutes
15 sec run off

player

qb a 26
pass block 57
catch 30
run block 30
fumbles 40
pass def 35
interceptions 55
pass coverage 35
tackling 20

cpu

pens

offside 99
holding 99
face mask 58
dpi 25
opi 85
pci 50
clipping 70
ig 80
roughing passer 70
roughing kicker 50

injuries 60, but still get a hell of a lot
fatigue 70
threshold 50

credit to cowherpower for the base i used to mess with

the cpu pass d could be raised but im junk at passing and have cousins and some rookie as my quarterbacks so....

Last edited by goat10; 10-16-2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #144
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat10
all madden
game speed, normal
14 minutes
15 sec run off

player

qb a 26
pass block 57
catch 30
run block 30
fumbles 40
pass def 35
interceptions 55
pass coverage 35
tackling 20

cpu

pens

offside 99
holding 99
face mask 58
dpi 25
opi 85
pci 50
clipping 70
ig 80
roughing passer 70
roughing kicker 50

injuries 60, but still get a hell of a lot
fatigue 70
threshold 50

credit to cowherpower for the base i used to mess with

the cpu pass d could be raised but im junk at passing and have cousins and some rookie as my quarterbacks so....

A lot of similarities to Wiz's working ' "mix" for the "fix" '

Interesting work, my respects.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »