Home

Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

This is a discussion on Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
A lot of similarities to Wiz's working ' "mix" for the "fix" '

Interesting work, my respects.
How far off are your sliders brother? These things can't be rushed I know
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2014, 12:55 PM   #146
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neddy_87
How far off are your sliders brother? These things can't be rushed I know
Hey guys, been following this thread religiously for the past few weeks. It has been a great help to me in working on these sliders. I think that I have made discovery with the Interception slider. I think it controls the aggressiveness of the Defense.

I should note this is coach mode.

I had hum set at 85 and cpu at 50. The cpu was having very realistic numbers regarding tackles for a loss (4-6) and defelections (3-5 a game) but i was having high deflections and TFL's. I moved it down to 50 and it balanced the game out.

I'm playing with both sides at 60 pass reaction, 50 int, 40 pass cover. And it's looking pretty good.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:11 PM   #147
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
What are your slider settings at the moment?

Generally for M2M coverage you want to lower the slider for Pass coverage to loosen coverage.

With zone coverage you want to Lower the Reaction Time; the adverse effect is, the zone defenders will react faster to run plays; at least that is what I have noticed.

Lowering Interceptions appears to reduce aggressiveness of the defense too, but I am not completely sure in what areas, if it is just the passing game or the run game also.
Hey man, I finally got to plug in your sliders and do a little testing, here's what I'm seeing.

Overall I thought the game played very well, the passing game and pass D felt really good, openings were tight but not blanket coverage, nice reaction without warping. However, may have been a few too many drops, especially by my receivers. The sacks were perfect, like 3-4 a game combined. One issue I had was the run game, the CPU could do very little while mine was fairly overpowering, in one game I had 2 HBs with over 150 yards...EACH! I was pleasantly surprised to see even with the tackling that low it was not bad at all, I did not see any excessive broken tackles or lots of misses and the animations were pretty good. Finally, the penalties, I'm getting like next to none. The game I just finish had zero, not one.

I'm going to bump the WRC for the user up a few points. I am also going to drop the user RB but raise the CPU RB a bit. I was also considering going to Normal speed, it felt a little sluggish sometimes. It also may help the run game, but i don't want to screw up the passing game interaction. The area I'm hesitant to mess with is the penalties because I am unsure if they are affecting gameplay. I think I'll play a few games with the changes I mentioned and see how it goes. At this point I know the penalties aren't going to get called but I'm not going to worry about that right now, I am just trying to get the sliders right. Once I have a good baseline and I like how they're playing I will start messing with the penalties and see if it plays any different or if they just make some of the penalties get called.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-17-2014, 03:36 PM   #148
Banned

Off topic, but I haven't had a fumble on either side in 13 games. Set at 25-50-75-100... Nothing.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:40 PM   #149
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Hey man, I finally got to plug in your sliders and do a little testing, here's what I'm seeing.

Overall I thought the game played very well, the passing game and pass D felt really good, openings were tight but not blanket coverage, nice reaction without warping. However, may have been a few too many drops, especially by my receivers. The sacks were perfect, like 3-4 a game combined. One issue I had was the run game, the CPU could do very little while mine was fairly overpowering, in one game I had 2 HBs with over 150 yards...EACH! I was pleasantly surprised to see even with the tackling that low it was not bad at all, I did not see any excessive broken tackles or lots of misses and the animations were pretty good. Finally, the penalties, I'm getting like next to none. The game I just finish had zero, not one.

I'm going to bump the WRC for the user up a few points. I am also going to drop the user RB but raise the CPU RB a bit. I was also considering going to Normal speed, it felt a little sluggish sometimes. It also may help the run game, but i don't want to screw up the passing game interaction. The area I'm hesitant to mess with is the penalties because I am unsure if they are affecting gameplay. I think I'll play a few games with the changes I mentioned and see how it goes. At this point I know the penalties aren't going to get called but I'm not going to worry about that right now, I am just trying to get the sliders right. Once I have a good baseline and I like how they're playing I will start messing with the penalties and see if it plays any different or if they just make some of the penalties get called.
THank you for the observations; the running game seems very touchy; in that just a slight change in a slider or penalty slider and you can go from huge yardages to about 2 yards a carry average.

I do not set sliders for penalties, on those few penalty sliders that do, because the penalties, i feel, are just too inconsistent, illogical for my tastes....If I were to deal with going for penalties I would just set for roughing the passer and and false start so both the defense and offense have equal penalty chance as far as penalty yards.

Has anyone found a penalty explanation list that has been consistent through testing? I have a few and there seems to be some inconsistencies; but not sure if it is due to the penalty descriptions being wrong or some of my other sliders effecting the penalty slider effect...

It does seem that penalty sliders have less of an effect on game play, so there seems to be a need to go to extremes to get a noticeable effect, or is it an illusion to me?

In regards to "Clipping" which most penalty slider descriptions state that high creates better down field blocking, and in return, better run blocking, I seem to find the best success with the slider at 33.....any other suggestions? I want the CPU to run for an average of 5 yards a carry, against 4 and 5 man fronts so I have to focus on the CPU run game and sacrifice some pass coverage - a rock, paper, scissor thing....
Old 10-17-2014, 03:41 PM   #150
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid_Beaver
Off topic, but I haven't had a fumble on either side in 13 games. Set at 25-50-75-100... Nothing.
Fumbles are hard to get...and when it does happen, for me, it is a QB....

My issue is, I am under the impression that the higher the fumble slider, the better the run game, and I want the CPU to run hard....So I almost never get fumbles.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #151
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

HUM Pass Coverage seem broken to anyone?
I set it at 100 on All Madden just as a test and Jimmy Smith (99 MCV, 99PRS) was getting beat easily by a WR with 64 RTE was beating him easily on slants, outs, and corner routes.
I'll test more after we beat the Saints.

http://www.twitch.tv/davon_a_brown/mobile
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2014, 07:43 AM   #152
Banned

OldschoolFrank's Arena

I've been reading all the slider threads. Im looking forward to seeing what the Marketing Wiz comes up with. Seems like he has spent many hours playing and charting results. Everyone here has worked darn hard at this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »