Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread - Page 21 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

This is a discussion on Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 06-22-2015, 12:34 AM   #161
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbchristopher
The interception, reaction time and coverage sliders issue is that when you change for the the CPU it changes the players and when you change for the player is changes for the cpus defense. Test by throwing and out pattern against Sherman in man covered. Put player pass coverage at 100 and Sherman can't jump in front of the route. Change player pass coverage to 0 and he jumps the route every time. The CPU sliders seem to have no effect on Sherman jumping the out route. I stumbled upon this in offline franchise when I adjusted the interception slider for player and all of a sudden the CPU started dropping everything it normally picked off.
I've always felt equal sliders for user and cpu was the best gameplay and this is just another reason to try and keep the sliders as balanced as possible.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:32 PM   #162
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

We use 60 'reaction time' for the MCL-IMO this is how fast the DB's react AFTER the ball is thrown.

For example:

*Breaking on a ball
*Getting their head around

So the higher the number the more frequently psychic DB's will appear in my experience.

We use 100 'pass coverage'-IMO this is how well the secondary maintains their coverage whether in man or zone.

I'm a believer in certain positions play to their position specific traits well, while others require slider adjustments to see their true potential.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 06-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #163
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
We use 60 'reaction time' for the MCL-IMO this is how fast the DB's react AFTER the ball is thrown.

For example:

*Breaking on a ball
*Getting their head around

So the higher the number the more frequently psychic DB's will appear in my experience.

We use 100 'pass coverage'-IMO this is how well the secondary maintains their coverage whether in man or zone.

I'm a believer in certain positions play to their position specific traits well, while others require slider adjustments to see their true potential.
but aren't psychic DBs a bad thing? I was seeing it a lot at 40 prc.

I've been using 4/85 and it's more realistic. Less "miracle recovery" picks, which annoy me more than anything
Old 06-30-2015, 04:42 PM   #164
Rookie

SwagBoutDatMaddenLfe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiphos
but aren't psychic DBs a bad thing? I was seeing it a lot at 40 prc.

I've been using 4/85 and it's more realistic. Less "miracle recovery" picks, which annoy me more than anything
I was using a low pass rec for like a season in my online league, actually in similar ball park (5/82). Lower is definitely more toward less psychic DBs. All was good but people began spamming the deep bomb and the CBs just could not react fast enough getting mossed at way to often. Needed an alternative so i went 43 play rec/50 pass coverage. Decent balance there. With a thresh of 70 though and INT 75. Pass lanes are there but careful throws or you will pay. Manageable though.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #165
Rookie

Any thoughts on how these two sliders affect the run game?

It seems the lower the prc, the harder it is to run the ball. Anyone concur?

I've been using 40/ 55 for these two and it seems pretty nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »