Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

This is a discussion on Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-06-2014, 10:04 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have tested Pass Cover and Pass Reaction again this evening; using M2M; Pass cover was easy, with P.Cover and Reaction at 1, there was separation on certain cuts...."In routes" could not be covered at any setting, using a M2M Robber nickel cover vs a 3 wr shotgun formation with a single WR in the left side (which is where I isolated Holliday v. Peterson). Come back routes and curls saw effects of changes in coverage.....with a reaction time setting of 1, Pass Cover consistently showed a tighter coverage as it increased....

With Pass Coverage at 1, Reaction time showed unpredictable coverage ability..At 50 react time was slow on curls and comebacks and "In routes." "Out routes" are basically really easy to cover in general it appears.

I would test in areas between 1-19, and then 20-80, and then 81-100, and honestly didn't get much consistency, though I can confirm the timing of the pass, did make a difference in about 50% of the plays run..

So far, maybe the theory that Pass coverage is more for M2M and Reaction more for Zone, could be valid....But for now I needed a break from the Reaction time frustration, and to watch MNF...

I was using WR Holliday from the Giants -
Route Run: 64
Speed: 98
Agility: 95
Acceleration: 97

versus

CB Patrick Peterson
M2M: 92
Speed: 98
Agility: 97
Acceleration: 96

Threshold was 50...I did some streak route tests with Jose Cruz and cardinals CB J. Legree who has the slowest CB speed of 82; Jose Cruz speed is 94; the coverage by the corners was soft, about 7 yard cushion, and though Cruz did beat Legree consistently on streaks; the difference between threshold of 0, 50, and 100, not really noticeable...

Maybe threshold effects the speeds more between LB's and Backs and TE's? I have heard someone make mention of such an effect? Or there really isn't much difference between a speed of 94 and 82, regardless of threshold....

I am not sure about the threshold. I know when I had it at 50 I was not seeing enough big plays so I put it at 0 then I was seeing to many big plays so I put it up to 25 still to many big plays so I am thinking maybe 35 is a good threshold.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #26
Rookie

rushinplayallgame's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
lol first you have to know how to talk to woman
everyone knows how to do that, you just open your mouth and words come out
Old 10-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #27
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

I believe, Reaction Time, from what I am witnessing in the running game, the defense is quicker to the point of the ball carrier, the higher the reaction time.

I can really see a different here. With passing I cannot tell a difference, and I am running random plays against a Nickle Cover 3 zone.

I would almost be willing to be that Reaction Time should be paired with the Tackle Slider; leaving Pass Cover and Interception to be paired and work together.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-06-2014 at 10:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:40 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
everyone knows how to do that, you just open your mouth and words come out

I wish it was that easy heck I wish it was that easy with people lol
Old 10-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushinplayallgame
I appreciate the vigor (i really hope thats the right word i'm thinking it is), but becoming obsessed over anything is always bad, there is only one important question- how much fun are you having playing the game, find the slider set that gives you the most of fun, and saving your obsessing for important things like beautiful women, fast american cars, def leppard (my personal favorite american band), and being successful while also looking good, and always provide moderately satisfying sex to women, you don't have to be superman, you just need to avoid being talked about. fast cars too, buy those

Hmmmm... Now this is concept that I would CERTAINLY NOT MIND testing in my lab. I grin as I consider all the variables to quantify, certainly one data set I would not mind plotting and crunching the numbers in my "spread - sheets"

But I digress... Glad to see that the community is coming around to discussing the PASS REAC/PASS COV sliders. For me, the crux of M15 is in the relationship between these two sliders in relation to PASS BLK, INT GRND penalty slider, and what the community is not even considering, the activation of the BALL HAWK option. And if that were not enough pins to juggle in the air.....

....you also have to factor in the impact of the "confidence" boost into performance when you compete a few passes in a row, and last let's not forget the difference in data points that you get when using EDITED QB attributes vs. NON-EDITED QB attributes.

And last, but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, the skill level of an individual player DEFINITELY makes a difference. Personally, I change my defense at the line consistently, since I presume that the AI can "peek" at my cards when I select my base defense from the menu, and the AI most certainly picks an offensive play that can provide a good mismatch against my "D".... Soooo, what I do is pick a base D that can put all of my playmakers on the field, and then go "fists-of-fury" on my controller to set my zones, blitzes and press coverages. Tough to do against Peyton, but boy is it rewarding when I actually fool "AI Peyton" and get a pick six on his dumb _ss.

Look forward to reading some of the insights from the community on this worthy topic.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:42 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
I believe, Reaction Time, from what I am witnessing in the running game, the defense is quicker to the point of the ball carrier, the higher the reaction time.

I can really see a different here. With passing I cannot tell a difference, and I am running random plays against a Nickle Cover 3 zone.

I would almost be willing to be that Reaction Time should be paired with the Tackle Slider; leaving Pass Cover and Interception to be paired and work together.

What do you mean by that parried part? The only thing I think tackling does is make it so there are more missed or less missed tackles.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:47 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Hmmmm... Now this is concept that I would CERTAINLY NOT MIND testing in my lab. I grin as I consider all the variables to quantify, certainly one data set I would not mind plotting and crunching the numbers in my "spread - sheets"

But I digress... Glad to see that the community is coming around to discussing the PASS REAC/PASS COV sliders. For me, the crux of M15 is in the relationship between these two sliders in relation to PASS BLK, INT GRND penalty slider, and what the community is not even considering, the activation of the BALL HAWK option. And if that were not enough pins to juggle in the air.....

....you also have to factor in the impact of the "confidence" boost into performance when you compete a few passes in a row, and last let's not forget the difference in data points that you get when using EDITED QB attributes vs. NON-EDITED QB attributes.

And last, but CERTAINLY NOT LEAST, the skill level of an individual player DEFINITELY makes a difference. Personally, I change my defense at the line consistently, since I presume that the AI can "peek" at my cards when I select my base defense from the menu, and the AI most certainly picks an offensive play that can provide a good mismatch against my "D".... Soooo, what I do is pick a base D that can put all of my playmakers on the field, and then go "fists-of-fury" on my controller to set my zones, blitzes and press coverages. Tough to do against Peyton, but boy is it rewarding when I actually fool "AI Peyton" and get a pick six on his dumb _ss.

Look forward to reading some of the insights from the community on this worthy topic.

I am not sure if the grounding slider makes a difference or not. I have heard people say if it is low the CPU takes less sacks and I have heard people say if you have it higher the CPU takes less sacks. I have tired it at 50 and 0 and I get like 8 sacks a game on both and I don't find that the CPU plays any different. I heard some one say having it at 80 with roughing the passer at 5 makes a differences but I have not tried that one yet. I think the PIF sliders do make a difference in the game play but I don't know if the other penerty sliders make a difference or not.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:

I would not argue against that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »