Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread - Page 8 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

This is a discussion on Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-12-2014, 09:20 PM   #57
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Reaction Time & Pass Cover Focus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I have found the sweet spot for sliders, at this time, to be between 25-75. going farther on either end seems to results in less predictable results, and I have no explanation as to why, at this time.

What I have at this point is, Reaction Time effects the speed at which a defender reacts to a ball carrier, whether a RB or WR or TE. Once they have the ball in hand, Reaction Time determines how fast they respond towards the ball carrier, with Speed and Acceleration then taking effect. A reaction time of 25 is quicker than a Reaction Time of 75; beyond this zone reaction times seem unpredictable and cold appear that a reaction time of 100 is faster or 0 is faster.

Interception slider appears to determine how aggressive the defender will be in closing the gap between the defender and receiver, or essentially jumping the route, and aiding in the defender making the final interception...I am gonna test this slider with the "catch" rating to see if it somehow modifies a defenders catch rating.

Tackle slider - how well a player tackles, but also can go in conjunction with reaction time to fine tune the ability for a defender to get to a ball carrier, and reduce yards after catch or yards after first contact chance. The lower, the greater chance for broken tackles and more gang tackle situations.

Pass Cover is purely M2M cover - I have yet to see any difference in Zone coverage. 25 is looser coverage and 75 is tighter coverage..

Apparently Zone Coverage is handled purely by the players Zone Coverage rating.

WR Catch not only determines catch ability, but also separation. A WR Catch of 25 will see more dropped balls and tighter coverage from the defense when the Pass Coverage rating is equal to or higher than the WR Catch. If WR Catch if Higher than Pass Coverage, you will start to see more catch and better separation.

Pass Accuracy is not only how accurate a QB is, but how it can counter a higher Pass Coverage to Lower WR Catch....If you have a WR Catch at 70 and a Pass Defense at 70, and a QB Accuracy at 70, for example, you have a better chance of completing the pass cause of how accurate the ball.. A higher QB Accuracy seems to effect pocket presence for a QB too.

Here is the kicker, that I have observed...First, in doing this testing I took one team, The Dolphins in this case, and set all core ratings like speed, strength, agility, etc. to 70, and then all position specific ratings to 70, as well as stamina, injury and toughness to 70.. What I found is, when it comes to the passing attack, defending the receivers and attack in general, when all sliders are even and ratings are even, the defense has a distinct advantage...The running game on the other hand has an advantage, inherently over the run defense...

So when setting defensive sliders to open the passing game, lower pass coverage below the main passing sliders; in addiction adjust interception slider lower to reduce jumped routes and interception as needed.

Think of it as WR Catch and Pass Coverage are intertwined; once you get those sliders set t how well you want the defender to cover and how open you want receivers to get, then adjust QB accuracy to how tight a coverage you want the QB to be able to get a ball past...The higher the QB accuracy, the tighter the Pass Coverage can be and the pass will still have a chance to be completed....

I have not tested fumble sliders to see if it effects a RB's ability to do anything special but not lose the ball...The QB is more sensitive to the fumble slider, in regards to losing the ball, that a RB.

These are my observations at this time...Still need more testing...I have sliders set differently between HUM/CPU but am running CPU v CPU games and in the last 2 games, thee has been a distinct difference in completion percentages; thus either one team had great play calling or even when selecting CPU v CPU one team is running off the HUM slider ratings...In this case both games had the visiting team with a much higher QB completion rating...My last game the visiting team, both teams the adjusted Dolphins with same ratings, wen 22 of 22, while the home team completed just about ~59% of it's passes.

Tackles behind the line totals where 12 between both teams, and there were 8 sacks between both teams...Pass block was at 75..I have a tendency to believe that, outside of a RB getting stuffed (Run Blk is at 50), there are too many passes to the flats and they are being stuffed. I have tackle at 50, so maybe lowering to 25 will help solve the tackle for loss issue...

There ultimately is a mess of connected sliders...especially with the Passing related sliders and pass coverage...and defense has the inherent advantage when all things are equal, sliders and player ratings..So I would suggest keeping pass cover below WR Catch, and then adjust QB accuracy ad pass block to get the desired completion rate and sack rate.
So your saying all sliders should be between 25 and 75?

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #58
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
So your saying all sliders should be between 25 and 75?
As my findings so far it appears that sliders cause changes or effect parts of game play best, between 25-75; and possible between 20-80, at maximum...

This based on my own perception and observations.. When I set sliders between 81-100 or 19 to 0, I am not seeing anything consistent result; FOr example, in regards to Pass Coverage, at a rating of 20 or 25 pass coverage is at it's loosest; while at a rating of 75-80 pass coverage appears to be at it's tightest; this being in M2M coverage tests....

When I move the Pass cover slider below 20 or above 80, there does not appear, from my perspective and observation, to be a noticeable effect, either positive or negative to Pass Coverage....

So I do not know if it is just me, or these extreme slider areas are dead zones, or these extreme slider areas are allowing player ratings to play unmodified....

Until further info from EA/Tiburon, I am assuming 50 is the slider normal for least modified ratings and game play....But that is just an assumption

If 50 is the unmodified player rating slider setting, then IMO EA/Tiburon have a huge mess with sliders; cause when I move QB accuracy to 80, for example, I am seeing a more responsive and pocket aware QB from a player like Aaron Rodgers that is closer to how I see Rodgers playing and moving in the pocket, than I see at QB Accuracy at 50....

Yes, it is my belief that QB accuracy is more than just how on target the QB is..

When I do raise QB accuracy to 80 and all other ratings to 80 except fumble, interception, and tackle, I am not getting outrageous completion percentages because the defense sliders counter out the higher offensive slider levels, but what you get is more animations triggered...RB's will stiff arm and spin move and juke with ratings higher; so Run Blocking seems to have an effect on RB abilities as well....

The sliders appear to be so interconnected it's like trying to unravel a ball of Christmas lights...
Old 10-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
As my findings so far it appears that sliders cause changes or effect parts of game play best, between 25-75; and possible between 20-80, at maximum...

This based on my own perception and observations.. When I set sliders between 81-100 or 19 to 0, I am not seeing anything consistent result; FOr example, in regards to Pass Coverage, at a rating of 20 or 25 pass coverage is at it's loosest; while at a rating of 75-80 pass coverage appears to be at it's tightest; this being in M2M coverage tests....

When I move the Pass cover slider below 20 or above 80, there does not appear, from my perspective and observation, to be a noticeable effect, either positive or negative to Pass Coverage....

So I do not know if it is just me, or these extreme slider areas are dead zones, or these extreme slider areas are allowing player ratings to play unmodified....

Until further info from EA/Tiburon, I am assuming 50 is the slider normal for least modified ratings and game play....But that is just an assumption

If 50 is the unmodified player rating slider setting, then IMO EA/Tiburon have a huge mess with sliders; cause when I move QB accuracy to 80, for example, I am seeing a more responsive and pocket aware QB from a player like Aaron Rodgers that is closer to how I see Rodgers playing and moving in the pocket, than I see at QB Accuracy at 50....

Yes, it is my belief that QB accuracy is more than just how on target the QB is..

When I do raise QB accuracy to 80 and all other ratings to 80 except fumble, interception, and tackle, I am not getting outrageous completion percentages because the defense sliders counter out the higher offensive slider levels, but what you get is more animations triggered...RB's will stiff arm and spin move and juke with ratings higher; so Run Blocking seems to have an effect on RB abilities as well....

The sliders appear to be so interconnected it's like trying to unravel a ball of Christmas lights...
Please let me know when you get a slider set....I'd def like to try!
Old 10-12-2014, 11:06 PM   #60
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbunz1324
Please let me know when you get a slider set....I'd def like to try!
Will post here when I get a slider set I am comfortable with....My next step is making adjustments, fine tunings by using the penalty sliders.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #61
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Are u using all pro or all madden or something else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-12-2014, 11:40 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 5

Let me see if the Wiz can help you boys out a bit.... My data supports the following:

To address the HUM QB cheesing it on drag routes, quick slants, basically junk underneath (I am talking to you Alex Smith, King of Dink and Dunk!), the PASS COV/REAC sliders need to be LOWER

To address ROBO QB, the PASS COV/REAC for HUM sliders needs to be LOWER...

To get realistic YAC after the catch the PASS COV/REAC for CPU/HUM sliders needs to be LOWER...

And yes, GOING BELOW 25, or above 75, mucks up the whole game....

Insight into how to attack the CPU/HUM PASS COV/REAC sliders:

1) Test sliders with STUD QB's (I use Brady, Rodgers, Manning)

2) Get a notepad.

3) Set the skill level to ALL-PRO (ALL - MADDEN has glitches that I don't want to get into now)

4) Play 3 complete CFM games everything default, except INT GRND (0), CPU AB ACC (6), HUM QB ACC (7), FUM (8), PASS BLK CPU (80), PASS BLK HUM (50), WR CTCH (46)

5) WORK ONLY on PASSING... YOU ARE TESTING, WHO CARES if you lose the games, WHO CARES if you throw a few picks, you are OBSERVING and taking notes on what routes are being completed by CPU, how easy they are being completed, time your pocket stays intact, completion percentages, how easy/hard is it for you to dump the ball off, how easy/hard it is to throw a screen pass from under center/pistol/shotgun, measuring YAC, observing how quickly a LB jumps into a passing lane, observing how instinctive the DB's are on jumping routes (yes you are going to have to do a TON of replay and watch foot plants, hip swivels and cuts in slow motion, sorry)...

6) What your data should bear out is the following PATTERN. The CPU QB's completion PCT will skew high, and the CPU will typically find it easy to find the underneath pass, and most IMPORTANTLY, the CPU's YAC will skew above the NFL average. For average, to above average MaddenHeads, the HUM throwing numbers will be SLIGHTLY BELOW or EQUAL to the CPU's number's if YOU ARE NOT CHEESING IT...

7) Now... take the sliders for both HUM & CPU PASS COV/REAC to 99
and re-take the above test. ROBO-QB should be in full effect, and the YAC numbers for both HUM and CPU should be WELL ABOVE NFL AVG.

8) Now... take the sliders for both HUM & CPU PASS COV/REAC to 1 and re-take the above test. ROBO-QB turns into Geno Smith, the HUM D is NO LONGER giving up stupid YAC (ditto for the CPU to your YAC) and underneath cheese is no longer a "plus" option for either the CPU or HUM when playing underneath zone defenses. Man to man coverage is tight and your passing windows just got puny. Interceptions from LB's will skew higher, and interceptions from DB's jumping the route, will skew up as well. Completion percentages drop signigicatnly where you should be able to see a difference between "1" and "99"...

Is playing against a "hyper-active" defense realistic? No. But now you can start moving the CPU/HUM PASS REAC/COV sliders UP in increments of 5 clicks to figure out what level of "hyper-activeness" is your cup of tea....

Also, you will find that the running game on the edges got a whole hell of a lot more realistic when the CPU/HUM PASS REAC/COV sliders are lower, rather than higher.

Conclusion: It would seem that the HUM/CPU PASS/COV sliders work in reverse! Only conclusion you can draw when you see your YAC numbers precipitously drop when the HUM/CPU PASS/COV sliders are lower as well as completion percentages, not to mention a much better mix of poor throws from the CPU QB when he "senses" pressure.

Wiz out.

Last edited by MarketingWiz; 10-13-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #63
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Also with what your learning..it appears that dev's when they took away sliders just then incorporated them into others insist of making those sliders not effective...what I am starting to believe is best for the game, player (customer), and dev's; is to have more sliders that effect specific values..what I mean by that is..insist of say QB ACC only, have QB ACC QB AWR, Pass block, run block, blitz pick up, RB vision, RB agility, Etc..which makes things less confusing and also could provide much better chance of Sim or tourney style game play..which could appease or try to appease all groups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 10-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #64
Rookie

Reading the past few posts, it seems like the Sliders are similar to overclocking a CPU. Go too high, or too low, and it's unstable as hell. So trying to find that right sweet spot can be pretty daunting.

I'm also wondering if any of the Sliders affect the QB Playbook. 95% of the time, the CPU just runs short Drag,Crossing route. Curl Flats, or screens, and inside zone runs. There's barely anything else. And if they actually do call a deep route play, the QB always checks down to the RB right away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »