An epiphany about penalty sliders - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

An epiphany about penalty sliders

This is a discussion on An epiphany about penalty sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: An epiphany about penalty sliders

I raised the IG last night and saw a ton more throws down field from the CPU
Old 10-08-2014, 08:34 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by agidio3
I raised the IG last night and saw a ton more throws down field from the CPU

???

wow.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:03 PM   #11
MVP

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Every year this thread is made with the exact same conclusion....can.it be stickied cuz this info has been the same for.years lol

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, ESO Tamriel, Madden, COD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 10:41 PM   #12
Rookie

Soonerskinsfan81's Arena

OVR: 0

So maybe we should leave the gameplay sliders for user and cpu @ 50/50 All-Pro and only adjust penalty sliders.

Has anyone tested this yet?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #13
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerskinsfan81
So maybe we should leave the gameplay sliders for user and cpu @ 50/50 All-Pro and only adjust penalty sliders.

Has anyone tested this yet?
Yeah, it was all the rage on old gen last year . . .
Old 10-11-2014, 03:57 PM   #14
Rookie

Soonerskinsfan81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
Nice post, OP!

I esp. concur with your take on IG and RTP, which IF they were as responsive as they had been in past iterations, could be used to take on the sack issue...

I'd also suggest raising False Start and Holding, while lowering Offsides should give the OL a chance against the rush...

I've been advocating something like:

Offsides 40 (less jump for DL)
False Start 60 (more jump for OL)
Holding 60 (longer duration of block)
Mask 55 (actually gets called around this number)
DPI 100 (knocks receivers off their route in press coverage, like real life)
OPI 100 (keeps up with the aggressiveness of DPI)
KR / PR 50 (too hard to quantify, so default)
Clip 55 (actually gets called)
IG 80 (tested extensively with past iterations and NCAA...best overall pocket presence, IMO)
RTP 5 (slow the bull rush)
RTK 50 (too hard to quantify, default)
Good stuff! I'm going to test these with my equal based sliders(posted in last gen slider forum) Only change is I will raise RTK, to around 75. Hope to see some better pursuit on SP teams and possibly a blocked kicked.

Thanks for the info guys!

Last edited by Soonerskinsfan81; 10-11-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazzen
I think myself and many others have been thinking of penalty sliders backwards for a while now. You can't use RL logic, you have to use EA programming logic when thinking about penalty sliders.

Raising/lower a penalty slider does not increase/decrease the referee's chance of calling the penalty. In the real NFL, defensive holding becomes a focus and now referees begin calling plays that weren't defensive holding last year but this year they are more sensitive to it and call it more often.

That is NOT how things work in Madden.

Increasing/decreasing a penalty slider does NOT increase/decrease the CPU referee's sensitivity to or likelihood of calling a penalty.

Increasing a penalty slider increases the chance that the animation/action that may generate a penalty will occur.

Offsides - causes the D line to "jump" a lot more often if on a higher setting. Causes the D line to get off the ball a lot faster.

False Start - causes the O line to "jump" a lot more often if on a higher setting. Causes the O line to get off the ball a lot faster.

Holding - causes the O-line to hold their blocks longer the higher the setting.

Face Mask - causes more violent hits and face mask tackles to occur the higher the setting.

Defensive Pass Interference - the higher the setting the more aggressive the defender will play the receiver. I could see it also making defenders jump routes more often.

Offensive Pass Interference - the higher the setting the more aggressive the receiver will play the ball.

KR/PR Interference - this is an odd one but I really believe this causes defenders to rally to the ball faster and you'll see more gang tackles.

Clipping - higher setting should result in better blocking for returns and in the run game too I imagine.

Intentional Grounding - this one is especially interesting because many people think you should set this lower so the CPU gets rid of the ball to avoid sacks. I actually think it may be the opposite. At a higher setting the CPU is more likely the throw the ball away which would possibly generate a grounding penalty.

Roughing the passer - a higher setting will cause blitzers to go after the QB more aggressively, likely resulting in more sacks.

Roughing the kicker - at a higher setting you see defenders get through the line and play more aggressive when trying to block kicks. At 100 I've come very close to having kicks blocked. Still haven't seen this called or had one blocked yet though but I'm sure it'll eventually happen.
I wonder if increasing the holding slider will decrease sacks?
Old 10-11-2014, 05:39 PM   #16
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I wonder if increasing the holding slider will decrease sacks?
It should help, due to increase in duration of block...but it should also affect run blocking, so be aware of that possibility...

I'm also currently seeing some success for others who are using really high RTP values like 85....so, my post with 5 may prove to be infearior to that high setting...

Either way, Im pretty convinced that the RTP penalty slider is a key component to the sack issue...

I look forward to your guys take on that!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »