New patch - Operation Sports Forums
Home

New patch

This is a discussion on New patch within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-07-2014, 04:35 PM   #1
Banned

RoDogz85's Arena

OVR: 1
New patch

With the patch drop, how many slider gurus are going to update the sets they already have?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 04:51 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: New patch

I think this is every slider "guru's" agenda. I know I will be. However, my roster project is taking priority right now. I am also awaiting impressions to see if the patch broke anything. This traditionally has been an issue with EA's updates. Fix one thing, break two more.

Time will tell if this update is worth installing.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Connolly22's Arena

OVR: 2

Sacks are stil the same old crap. I have my own rosters with QB traits and pocket tendencies changed to fit the player and sacks are still a fkin problem

IG on 0
CPU pass blvk on 100
User reaction time 0

Kill me right?
Old 10-07-2014, 05:09 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connolly22
Sacks are stil the same old crap. I have my own rosters with QB traits and pocket tendencies changed to fit the player and sacks are still a fkin problem

IG on 0
CPU pass blvk on 100
User reaction time 0

Kill me right?

I've explained this a number of times. The root of the issue is the rosters or ratings rather. The defenses in this game are highly overrated. Acceleration, block shedding, speed, agility, and strength are boosted for the players to the point of it causing a major issue with sacks. That is why I have placed the time and effort into the FBG roster project. DCEBB does a much better job at providing a more balanced playing field between the offense and defense.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:15 PM   #5
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21

any time there is a new patch it is better to test on default IMO to see what has or hasn't been fixed. EA makes adjustments based on default. When I say default I mean, normal speed, 50 thresh, all penalties at 50 and all sliders at 50. Then work from there.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:39 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Now that the patch has been dropped, the Wiz and his lab driven/data supported meticulous slider work, is giving tacit consideration to dropping his wicked slider brew. Stay tuned...
Old 10-07-2014, 05:58 PM   #7
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

Player ratings play a huge role in the excessive sacks, along with broken plays....The CPU does not adjust to blitzes, or if it does, it's doing it wrong; and if you have a team that ends up calling 4 or 5 screens in a game, there are 4 to 5 sacks right there; cause screens are broken at the default level, and even with a CPU pass blk of 100, there are gonna be sacks....

You could increase CPU Qb Acc and pass blk, but that means an increased completion percentage....

Keep in mind, it has long been determined that sliders like QB Accuracy does more than adjust QB accuracy...It effects other areas like awareness and whatever else, which is anyone's guess....

The fad seems to be,, to lower QB accuracy, because in fact it does cause bad passes and brings down completion percentages, but it also tends to mess with other QB ratings and cause the QB to be rather unresponsive in all other areas....At a higher QB acc. I see more QB's at least try to escape a rush and even scramble for yards....

It has been theorized that raising WR Catch, not only makes the WR drop less passes, which they rarely do anyway, it increases the WR's ability to run routes and effects how tight of coverage a QB is willing to throw into......

Try a simple test...With QB Acc, at 50, lower WR Catch to 10..see how many dropped passes you get; then lower QB acc to 5 and leave WR catch at 10, and see how many catches are now completed....The effects that sliders have also seem to take into account the relation to an associated slider.....

So for me, for example, I keep pass blk and run blk at the same slider level, whichever I choose to work with.

In general I refuse to now go lower than 50 on QB acc, as it ruins precision passing and the CPU qb is just plain Stupid and throws all pass attempts shorter. Raise QB acc and try raising pass coverage...Or increase WR catch....

It is sad not knowing how sliders work or interact from an actual EA source, so we are stuck wasting game play time trying to find out just how sliders work and where to set them....Wish Madden was still out on PC, at least you could hack the damn thing and make it work...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-07-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:13 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Uuuuh, may be off topic, but how would you know that the new patch has dropped and installed?

When I started M15 this evening, I had to go through all the initial prompts that I went through when I installed the game and I had to play through that silly "2 minute drill" with Cam Newton and the Panthers.... Would these mean that the patch was downloaded and installed?

Forgive the ignorance, but I am no spring chicken, but love video games at my ripe age.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »