Home

KCHuskey's All-Pro *Post Patch#2* Sliders

This is a discussion on KCHuskey's All-Pro *Post Patch#2* Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 11:56 PM   #1
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

I have had a few people that wanted to see my sliders. I just about had them dialed in for me before the patch, and am starting a new thread to show where I'm at "post patch #2". Now these will likely be tweaked a little, but so far I like what I'm seeing. I like to be challenged by the computer. First game I was beat by the Bengals 24-3. I use the Chiefs. Granted it was preseason, but it felt like a nice challenge. I only had two sacks, and they had 4.

Anyways... I'm not a slider guru, and I won't spend hours upon hours tweaking. But what I will do is twitch my games using these, and will update if I make any changes. I have to Thank Rushin, as I used his pass reaction, and coverage theory to come up with a solid base.

Also, I like the injuries to be a factor, just as real life. I mean just look at the injury status every week. With it at 70, I don't see outrageous injuries, as you may imagine. I may lose 2 or 3 guys for a few weeks, and have some get hurt for a few plays or the rest of the game, and I love it that way. Also it makes preseason matter.

As I said...These are not final, so if you feel like using them, fine. If you want to make changes, fine. I'm just trying to get things to work for me, and enjoy playing this game.

These were done using Offline CFM. I was previously playing Online CFM

Instant Starter - Off
Salary Cap - On
Skill Level - All-Pro
Quarter Length - 13 Minutes
Accelerated Clock - On
Minimum Play Clock - 15
Game Speed - Normal
Player Progression Frequency - Weekly
Coach Firing - On
Game Play Tuning - Yes
Injury - On
Pre Existing Injury - On
Trade Deadline - On
trade Type - Enable All
Relocation Settings - Normal
League Type - All

Team Settings

Play Call Style - Enhanced
Coin Toss 1st Choice - user choice
Coin Toss 2nd Choice - user choice
Strafe Assist - Off
Pre Snap Menu - On
Coaching Tips - Off
Player Names - Always
Heat Seeker - Off
Ball Hawk - Off
Switch Assist - Off
Camera Settings - Zoom
Defensive Graphics - Full
Kick Aiming Arc - Off
Previous Play Information - On
Play Call Button Layout - User Preference
Camera Toggle - On
Tutorial Popups - Off

CPU Settings
Fill Roster - Off
Re-Sign Players - Off
Progress Players - Off
Sign Off-Season Free Agents - Off
Simulate Game Prep Activities - Off

Sliders

Player Skill

QB Accuracy - 40
Pass Blocking - 40
WR Catching - 40
Run Blocking - 20
Fumbles - 40
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 5
Interceptions - 5 *
Pass Coverage - 85
Tackling - 45

CPU Skill

QB Accuracy - 40
Pass Blocking- 50
WR Catching - 40
Run Blocking - 60
Fumbles - 45
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 15
Interceptions - 10 *
Pass Coverage - 85
Tackling - 45

Special Teams

FG Power - 50
FG Accuracy - 50
Punt Power - 50
Punt Accuracy - 50
Kickoff Power - 50

Game Options

Injuries - 70
fatigue - 70
Min Player Speed Threshold - 50

Penalty

Offside - 60
false Start - 67
Holding - 75
Face Mask - 52
Defensive PI - 99
Offensive PI - 99
Punt Catch Interference - 50
Clipping - 50
Intentional Grounding - 50
Roughing Passer - 85
Roughing Kicker - 50

Auto Subs -------->> Default

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."

Last edited by kchuskey; 11-19-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 04:55 AM   #2
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: KCHuskey's All-Pro *Post Patch#2* Sliders

EUREKA!!!! This is finally the set I think that cuts out the sack issue. Every CFM game I've played with the Seahawks I've gotten an ungodly amount of sacks, but this seems to be the holy grail. Rodgers actually got rid of the ball when he felt pressure, and because of it he threw some balls he shouldn't have. Which led to a couple house call INTs for myself, but the game played the way it should play. QB under duress gets rid of the ball, and sometimes the pressure leads to takeaways for the defense. I really hope these results continue for the rest of my chise, because I think you've done it sir, and I want everyone else to enjoy this game as much as I just did for 4 quarters.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

These look close to what I'm testing. Which team are you using? Can u post stats? It looks like plays may be low, running too easy for hum & running too difficult for CPU.

Last edited by Felkmaster; 10-09-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Thanks for posting these, I especially like that you incorporated Rushin's pass reaction and coverage theory into them. I will be trying them out Friday night, my first chance to play post patch.

One question, are you seeing a lot of RTP calls? I had RTP set to 67 I think in my test CFM before the patch and it seemed like every other drive by the CPU was extended by a RTP call.

Thanks again, looking forward to taking these for a spin!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
EUREKA!!!! This is finally the set I think that cuts out the sack issue. Every CFM game I've played with the Seahawks I've gotten an ungodly amount of sacks, but this seems to be the holy grail. Rodgers actually got rid of the ball when he felt pressure, and because of it he threw some balls he shouldn't have. Which led to a couple house call INTs for myself, but the game played the way it should play. QB under duress gets rid of the ball, and sometimes the pressure leads to takeaways for the defense. I really hope these results continue for the rest of my chise, because I think you've done it sir, and I want everyone else to enjoy this game as much as I just did for 4 quarters.

Glad they worked out for you. This is exactly how I had it set up in my online CFM franchise, before the patch, and ran a couple games using it post patch, and seems I got the same results. I don't think I got more than 4 sacks a game, in about 7 games. Usually 1 to 3. Hope they continue working. If not just tweak what you think you need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felkmaster
These look close to what I'm testing. Which team are you using? Can u post stats? It looks like plays may be low, running too easy for hum & running too difficult for CPU.

I use the Chiefs. I won't post the stats, as I don't have the time. BUT I will likely stream all my games on twitch, where I usually show stats at the end. Running was not too easy for me. I had under a hundred yards as the Chiefs, and the Bengals had around 150 or so. Just going off memory, but the running felt fine for both sides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Thanks for posting these, I especially like that you incorporated Rushin's pass reaction and coverage theory into them. I will be trying them out Friday night, my first chance to play post patch.

One question, are you seeing a lot of RTP calls? I had RTP set to 67 I think in my test CFM before the patch and it seemed like every other drive by the CPU was extended by a RTP call.

Thanks again, looking forward to taking these for a spin!

Hope they work for you, and to answer your question, I only had one RTP called the entire game.

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 04:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played 3 games with Denver vs San Diego on the back of these sliders.

Good job.

I've done some tweaks, and I raised QB PassBlock to 100 but I'm loving that the number of Hum Sacks on the AI QB is down to something realistic.

I'll play some games against KC and Oak and then post more impressions. But for now nicely done sir.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

In your opinion do you think game speed has anything to do with the amount of sacks?
Old 10-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Exclamation Re: KCHuskey's All-Pro *Post Patch#2* Sliders

Just for kicks I gave these a go in a Raiders CFM, and in 3 weeks here were my sack totals:

vs. NYJ: 3 sacks
vs. HOU: 3 sacks
vs. NE: 4 sacks

I played with everything as stated except for Slow game speed.

Very interesting. On the face of it, I'm not sure why these would give such different results than the norm for me, which is 6 sacks a game no matter who I use or who I play. But those are my findings and I've never even had two consecutive games of less than 6 sacks, let alone three, and all below 5 sacks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »