Home

Instead of 100 different slider threads

This is a discussion on Instead of 100 different slider threads within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #9
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Instead of 100 different slider threads

lol. There are always threads like this. Sounds like you don't want to do any of the work yourself. The reason there are a lot of sliders out there is the same reason there are a lot of a lot of things. Everyone is different. We all like different things. Maybe you should just use the Madden slider sets. Default Pro, AP, or AM. Start a CFM. After five games if your rushing too easy turn user run block down and/or turn up cpu tackling. Do that for anything you need to adjust. I actually think default AP or AM play pretty good. If you can't start a CFM because you can't decide on sliders then that's your problem. Not the people who do sliders.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:42 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I guess i am more talking about the QB traits and CFM settings than the actual sliders. In the past i have always tried Jarrod and Charters sliders. But then i see all this about QB traits and am at a loss. Might be getting to old for this stuff haha.

If you switch the QB traits i assume you can't do this for the draftable players which makes it kind of pointless.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:47 PM   #11
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sram444
Instead of having 100 different slider threads which everyone thinks they have a solution to the problems in madden... It would be nice to have a thread thats dedicated to providing the best offline CFM gameplay. What settings? What traits? What slider set? etc etc. Its great that everyone puts all these slider sets together, however i havent picked the game up yet since the day i bought it because i don't know what one to start my CFM with and don't have the time to test everyones out. I have heard so many different opinions on sliders that i dont know what to believe anymore.

Even a thread that states these are the settings and traits you need to set your CFM and then you pick the sliders that best fits you would be of some help.

I miss the old days of buying the game and starting my franchise right away. This is very very frustrating.

There is a thread like that. It's called.... Madden NFL Football Sliders

"I remember a day before sliders existed, when we would play an entire season, before dinner."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 06:47 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
I guess i am more talking about the QB traits and CFM settings than the actual sliders. In the past i have always tried Jarrod and Charters sliders. But then i see all this about QB traits and am at a loss. Might be getting to old for this stuff haha.

If you switch the QB traits i assume you can't do this for the draftable players which makes it kind of pointless.
I haven't mentioned anything about using QB traits or penalty slider stuff to help out the game play. I pretty much just stick with the regular sliders. I don't knock the other slider makers for trying to figure out if these other things affect the gameplay. I just haven't had to go that route yet. Most of the time I get the sliders to work close to the way I want. I don't want to go through the headache messing with that other stuff.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #13
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0

My opinion as to why there are some many sliders threads is because, first you have "Play Now" sliders, and "CFM" sliders....Then you have All-Madden and All-Pro sliders; then you have people who see football and how results should look, differently. Then on top of it all, no one has a clue, beyond hypothesis' and Theories as to how sliders work, human, CPU or penalty...It is all guess work; and add in the fact that so many dev teams had messed with the source code, I doubt anyone at EA/Tiburon has a clue....

Still no one can agree on reaction time, being faster or slower at 100....SMH....then has anyone thought that it may be different for the CPU and HUM sliders? maybe human sliders 0 reaction is slower, and CPU at reaction of 100 is faster? Who knows.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-09-2014 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
My opinion as to why there are some many sliders threads is because, first you have "Play Now" sliders, and "CFM" sliders....Then you have All-Madden and All-Pro sliders; then you have people who see football and how results should look, differently. Then on top of it all, no one has a clue, beyond hypothesis' and Theories as to how sliders work, human, CPU or penalty...It is all guess work; and add in the fact that so many dev teams had messed with the source code, I doubt anyone at EA/Tiburon has a clue....

Still no one can agree on reaction time, being faster or slower at 100....SMH....then has anyone thought that it may be different for the CPU and HUM sliders? maybe human sliders 0 reaction is slower, and CUP at reaction of 100 is faster? Who knows.
Sometimes I wish we could go back to the pre-slider days. when you opened the game and popped it in, it was what it was. You just dealt with. Sliders give us the illusion/delusion that we can fix the game.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #15
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Quote:

I just use the default rosters now. I haven't noticed sack issues in my online cfms for a while. I might need to change my slider thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 07:35 PM   #16
Tecmo Super Bowl = GOAT

charter04's Arena

Actually the real blame for all the sliders threads is EA. If they would actually give us slider that work and tell us what they do and give us more slider options it would at least make to were we wouldn't have to just guess about some of it.

There would still be slider threads but, there would be less confusion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »