Home

Instead of 100 different slider threads

This is a discussion on Instead of 100 different slider threads within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Instead of 100 different slider threads

Instead of having 100 different slider threads which everyone thinks they have a solution to the problems in madden... It would be nice to have a thread thats dedicated to providing the best offline CFM gameplay. What settings? What traits? What slider set? etc etc. Its great that everyone puts all these slider sets together, however i havent picked the game up yet since the day i bought it because i don't know what one to start my CFM with and don't have the time to test everyones out. I have heard so many different opinions on sliders that i dont know what to believe anymore.

Even a thread that states these are the settings and traits you need to set your CFM and then you pick the sliders that best fits you would be of some help.

I miss the old days of buying the game and starting my franchise right away. This is very very frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 11:28 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Instead of 100 different slider threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by sram444
Instead of having 100 different slider threads which everyone thinks they have a solution to the problems in madden... It would be nice to have a thread thats dedicated to providing the best offline CFM gameplay. What settings? What traits? What slider set? etc etc. Its great that everyone puts all these slider sets together, however i havent picked the game up yet since the day i bought it because i don't know what one to start my CFM with and don't have the time to test everyones out. I have heard so many different opinions on sliders that i dont know what to believe anymore.

Even a thread that states these are the settings and traits you need to set your CFM and then you pick the sliders that best fits you would be of some help.

I miss the old days of buying the game and starting my franchise right away. This is very very frustrating.
Everyone is going to think their sliders are the best or they wouldn't post them.

I just opened the game last night and default All-Pro seemed decent. It was probably the best out of the box madden I played. I am going to try All-Madden tonight because I want to make sure its a challenge. But I don't think you will need to adjust the sliders much if you just want to get going.

I would look at lowering the QB pass accuracy and Fumbles. Everything else was pretty decent.

I used 12 minute quarters acc clock and had pretty good stats.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #3
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

All I can say is this......play the game. Fire up a CFM and just start playing.

As far as slider sets.....and why people have their own slider threads? I can't answer for anyone except myself.

I am a passionate sports video gamer. I have been playing sports games since the Atari 2600. I was that guy who kept a pen and notebook for Bases Loaded 2 The Second Season and kept detailed player stats for my team because the game did not (plus I had to have a log of the codes to be able to continue my season LOL). I have a particular approach to how I play sports games whether that be baseball, basketball, football, hockey, tennis, boxing, golf etc. It's that approach coupled with my own personal knowledge (or lack there of) of the said sport that goes into how I develop a slider set.

I am pretty certain the players who gravitate to my settings (to simply use a base for them to tweak to their delight...or not) read my OP (where I always give a detailed description of my philosophy and approach) and find a common ground and decide to give those a try. I have always been a slider fiddler with my sports games regardless of my skill level. I just want a game to play realistic but also be a lot of fun. Realistic to me does not mean superbly hard. I should crush weak teams and on occasion I should get beat by a weaker team...you know...upset's do happen in sports. Finding that balance is always my goal.

It's not that complicated.

My advise is play the game first and foremost....have fun...then once you settle into how your skill level is for that particular game..read some slider threads that address what approach and what your looking to get out of the game. That will usually allow you to eliminate a lot of the many sets/threads and narrow it down to 2-3 sets to try out.

Have fun man.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #4
Banned

Nice generic post.

I don't think people are pretending their sliders set is the best on each topic. They just show peoples what changes they did, and why.

So i'm assuming you just saw several topics and QQ'd instead of reading what's inside.

I could give you an answer, but I won't. Just read what's inside of the topics.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaezhil
Nice generic post.

I don't think people are pretending their sliders set is the best on each topic. They just show peoples what changes they did, and why.

So i'm assuming you just saw several topics and QQ'd instead of reading what's inside.

I could give you an answer, but I won't. Just read what's inside of the topics.
Already feeling guilty, so i'll just link this : http://www.operationsports.com/forum...do_oraeon.html

Read it, read sliders topics, pick the one that seems to suit you the most.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 11:55 AM   #6
MVP

forme95's Arena

Everyone thinks that their set is the best bc that set plays well for them. My set plays well for me bc I play in coach mode. Everyone plays different to suit there style and expectations. So more or less, these posted sets are base sets for people to tweak to there liking. But as the other poster said, default actually plays pretty well this year at default.

Sent from my LG-VS410PP using Tapatalk 2

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 10-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaezhil
Already feeling guilty, so i'll just link this : http://www.operationsports.com/forum...do_oraeon.html

Read it, read sliders topics, pick the one that seems to suit you the most.

Appreciate the work that Oraeon provided to the community, a great base of knowledge from which to start with, but the slider attributes are a bit more involved than what was described.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
All I can say is this......play the game. Fire up a CFM and just start playing.

As far as slider sets.....and why people have their own slider threads? I can't answer for anyone except myself.

I am a passionate sports video gamer. I have been playing sports games since the Atari 2600. I was that guy who kept a pen and notebook for Bases Loaded 2 The Second Season and kept detailed player stats for my team because the game did not (plus I had to have a log of the codes to be able to continue my season LOL). I have a particular approach to how I play sports games whether that be baseball, basketball, football, hockey, tennis, boxing, golf etc. It's that approach coupled with my own personal knowledge (or lack there of) of the said sport that goes into how I develop a slider set.

I am pretty certain the players who gravitate to my settings (to simply use a base for them to tweak to their delight...or not) read my OP (where I always give a detailed description of my philosophy and approach) and find a common ground and decide to give those a try. I have always been a slider fiddler with my sports games regardless of my skill level. I just want a game to play realistic but also be a lot of fun. Realistic to me does not mean superbly hard. I should crush weak teams and on occasion I should get beat by a weaker team...you know...upset's do happen in sports. Finding that balance is always my goal.

It's not that complicated.

My advise is play the game first and foremost....have fun...then once you settle into how your skill level is for that particular game..read some slider threads that address what approach and what your looking to get out of the game. That will usually allow you to eliminate a lot of the many sets/threads and narrow it down to 2-3 sets to try out.

Have fun man.

Outstanding contribution. Braaaaavo.

the Truth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »