Home

The Injury Slider

This is a discussion on The Injury Slider within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
The Injury Slider

does it only effect the human team in a single person cfm, or does it work on the cpu too?

i see multiple injuries looking at the cpu teams, but i rarely get any. i'd hate to cripple the cpu teams, but would like to see more on my team.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: The Injury Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
does it only effect the human team in a single person cfm, or does it work on the cpu too?

i see multiple injuries looking at the cpu teams, but i rarely get any. i'd hate to cripple the cpu teams, but would like to see more on my team.
In theory both.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I happen to think a value of 70 gives the most realistic number and types of injuries for the HUM player. Below that and injuries have a marginal impact at best on your season. At 70 you'll lose guys for the game on a semi-regular basis and will stand a much better chance of losing a starter for a chunk of the season.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I happen to think a value of 70 gives the most realistic number and types of injuries for the HUM player. Below that and injuries have a marginal impact at best on your season. At 70 you'll lose guys for the game on a semi-regular basis and will stand a much better chance of losing a starter for a chunk of the season.
good info, thanks. will be giving this a shot.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #5
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Actually these is the only sliders i need to tweak. I tried 55 and i lost my starting QB for 4 weeks and the CPU starting qb for 3 weeks. i thought it was too much. I can`t imagine how it could be at 70!.

I like the idea of having realistic injuries but i`m afraid to end up loosing all the starters at such high setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2014, 04:10 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 32

57 is perfect...
Old 10-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Actually these is the only sliders i need to tweak. I tried 55 and i lost my starting QB for 4 weeks and the CPU starting qb for 3 weeks. i thought it was too much. I can`t imagine how it could be at 70!.

I like the idea of having realistic injuries but i`m afraid to end up loosing all the starters at such high setting.
You don't lose all your starters at that setting. What you actually see is a spike in players injured for a quarter or two or for the game with minor nagging injuries.

The fact is that most people say they want realism in sports games but when it comes to injuries they absolutely do not. They want a mostly healthy team for the whole season.

I'd encourage folks to check the injury reports and IR lists for their favorite teams. I root for OAK, and at the halfway mark or so they have 9 guys out or questionable for next week and 8 guys on the reserve/injured list.

That will never happen in Madden with a setting in the 50s, so I respectfully disagree with folks advocating for that range.
Old 10-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Trojan Man, I 100% agree with you about the emotion of realism of injuries occurring in Madden. I remember I used to play with injuries and as soon as my qb got injured, I would restart. I really was absurd...well that was a few years ago and for the last installments, I have not been able to complete at least one season due to my style of play in coach mode and not being able to find any sliders geared towards coach mode. What are your fatigue and injury sliders set at? Thank you in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »