Slider testing Techniques? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Slider testing Techniques?

This is a discussion on Slider testing Techniques? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-11-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Slider testing Techniques?

Was curious how slider gurus go about their slider testing; their techniques?

I use practice mode to set CPU sliders and then go in game to test the changes in a real game scenario; I run a few games; same teams; I have I theory that if I use the best teams like the Seahawks and broncos, and set CPU sliders based on results from a number of CPU v CPU games, that it will trickle down to the other teams; then again, I guess trickle down economics never worked so maybe I better rethink this method? LMAO

Once I get CPU setting nice, then I play User v CPU and adjust USER sliders to create the level of competition that fits my skills.... I use 8 minute quarters and then multiple my results by 2 so I get an estimate as to how the stats may look in a full game and compare them to NFL stats; but I realize getting comparable stats to the NFL is useless..So I go more for trying to get the end result similar, that is, average points per team...

I do focus on tackles for loss and sacks....I have gotten sacks down to 3 sacks between both teams in 8 minute quarters....I run my CPU pass block at 25, my run block at 100....my reaction and pass cover at 100...WR catch and QB Acc @ 25....All my penalty sliders are at 50....

I also create matchups like CB Sherman against Megatron and set based on trying to get a 50/50 catch to incomplete result between them; hoping that will transfer to the other teams and player abilities in a more even manner so a better WR will have an advantage over a poor CB and vice -versa....

I have considered making a test roster and taking a team and making all player ratings equal, and testing that way, but i fear it may be a huge waste of time; anyone done such a testing method? If so, how did it turn out?

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-11-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Slider testing Techniques?

I have commented - made the hypothesis that changes in game play seem to occur between 20-80, and now have adjusted it to 25-75. And have stated that I have seen no "noticeable" changes, thus no major differences between 0-19/0-14, and 81-100/76-100....

Now I assume there must be some effects happening as can be seen when we drop QB Acc below 5....I wonder though if the extreme low and high ratings are being less modified, and allowing more of the true ratings to shine?

I used to believe that maybe 50 was true player ratings, with the exception of the level modification that is applied for all-pro, all-madden, etc. I think if it is just a simple speed boost, then the speed threshold should fix it...like maybe a threshold of 55 or 60 max. to bring up the Human speed and/or lower the CPU speed bonus effect.

Anyone have any theories on where it appears player ratings most apply, and could it be reversed between CPU and Human? where human sliders at 100 and Cpu sliders at 0 create a fair balance, for example?

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-11-2014 at 02:42 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »