Are sliders for Madden 15 broken? - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Are sliders for Madden 15 broken?

This is a discussion on Are sliders for Madden 15 broken? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-11-2014, 07:59 PM   #1
Rookie

Chetballard's Arena

OVR: 3
Are sliders for Madden 15 broken?

I have tried several different slider sets from here at OS. I try these settings/sliders to try to produce a more realistic game. I have used sliders from several games from OS for years and they always do well.

I know gamers spend a lot of time on these sliders to try to make a perfect game and they know more about madden than I do. I have not played a madden in a few years, but in the past I recall sliders making a bit of difference and helping the game become better. What i am trying to ask do Madden 15 sliders act different from previous years of madden? So far they only seem to make the game worse and do no help it preform better like years past. This is from numerous sliders posted here not one single slider setting.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 08:27 PM   #2
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Are sliders for Madden 15 broken?

Really seems, once you move a slider off 50, you are in a world of constant adjustment.....

Maybe the best thing to do is keep the sliders on 50 and use penalty sliders to fine tune; if we can all agree that penalty sliders have an effect on game play in M15, which still seems to be a debate....

Really EA/Tiburon should go to hell with their BS...I get 30 damn tutorials on how to pass and catch and run and tackle and Intercept a pass, but not one damn bit of info on how sliders work or interact or if there is a true setting of sliders were player ratings are unmodified....

EA is by far the worst in customer relations; one of those companies you don't feel bad for when they get hacked or lose profits from a game...You actually hope for it...
Old 10-11-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Really seems, once you move a slider off 50, you are in a world of constant adjustment.....

Maybe the best thing to do is keep the sliders on 50 and use penalty sliders to fine tune; if we can all agree that penalty sliders have an effect on game play in M15, which still seems to be a debate....

Really EA/Tiburon should go to hell with their BS...I get 30 damn tutorials on how to pass and catch and run and tackle and Intercept a pass, but not one damn bit of info on how sliders work or interact or if there is a true setting of sliders were player ratings are unmodified....

EA is by far the worst in customer relations; one of those companies you don't feel bad for when they get hacked or lose profits from a game...You actually hope for it...

Good recommendation. This is PRECISELY where the Wiz starts. Subsequently, the Wiz then slides some sliders to ZERO and plays and charts that data. Charting observations/animations, number of broken tackles by power runners, using a stop watch to time pocket duration, are among the variables that need to be observed and are just as important as looking at the final box score.

For example, how many in the OS forum bother to observe the average Kickoff return (without you controlling the kick returner) yards? If you are not hitting NFL averages ( a click above 24 yards) then your BLOCKING is not strong enough. Time to fix this. Time to find the "mix" to achieve the "fix."

What the Wiz has found is that finding the "mix" to achieve the "fix" is teeeeeeeedious work and it is not realistic to find "the Truth" in a matter of playing a couple games.

The challenge is how to balance the following:

1) Donny's penchant for " 'roiding" up the talent so the talent always plays WAY OVER its ability
2) Since we are still seeing a lot of the same legacy issues that we have seen for years, OBVIOUSLY the underlying code that the game is written on has not changed much in years, hence messing with one slider, DOES MESS with the balance in another facet of the game
3) Animations get triggered and DO affect the gameplay, so the trick becomes how do you get the game to play more fluid, with less animation influence?

In the end, it is about getting FUN out of playing, but some of us "sim-heads" want stats and play that is closer not farther from the real deal, and this my friends is Wiz's goal every year; SIMHEAD MADDEN, coming to a theater near you!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 3

[quote=4thQtrStre5S;2046679841]Really seems, once you move a slider off 50, you are in a world of constant adjustment.....

I believe your absolutely right. I have tried every slider set on this forum, and cant find a balance. Now that im using the FBG rerates, im going to try keeping everything at default with Normal game speed, and just adjust Penalty sliders, because from what ive seen after playing about 80 to 85 games, the Penalty sliders do effect game play. The other aspect of the game I need to make a decision on, is whether to play on Pro or All Pro. All Madden is a definte no because it absolutely gives a boost to the CPU team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »