Tackles for Loss - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Tackles for Loss

This is a discussion on Tackles for Loss within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #1
MVP
 
4thQtrStre5S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Tackles for Loss

Anyone notice a high number of "Tackles for Loss," (TFL) and run across a way to reduce them, or is this another issue along the lines with too many sacks?

In 8 min quarters, as I am doing tests with CPU v CPU, i am getting upwards of 12 TFL a game.

I have tried lowering Penalty sliders such as "Offsides" and raising "Roughing the Kicker," as they are potential sliders that may affect defensive aggressiveness towards the ball carrier. Maybe they are reversed and I need to try going the other direction?

4thQtrStre5S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tackles for Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Anyone notice a high number of "Tackles for Loss," (TFL) and run across a way to reduce them, or is this another issue along the lines with too many sacks?

In 8 min quarters, as I am doing tests with CPU v CPU, i am getting upwards of 12 TFL a game.

I have tried lowering Penalty sliders such as "Offsides" and raising "Roughing the Kicker," as they are potential sliders that may affect defensive aggressiveness towards the ball carrier. Maybe they are reversed and I need to try going the other direction?
Been playing with them as well and I really don't think they are reversed. I do think that the pass reaction slider impacts how quickly the defenders react to a run play. Try lowering that slider.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
Rookie
 
Aweb20's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2013
Re: Tackles for Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Anyone notice a high number of "Tackles for Loss," (TFL) and run across a way to reduce them, or is this another issue along the lines with too many sacks?

In 8 min quarters, as I am doing tests with CPU v CPU, i am getting upwards of 12 TFL a game.

I have tried lowering Penalty sliders such as "Offsides" and raising "Roughing the Kicker," as they are potential sliders that may affect defensive aggressiveness towards the ball carrier. Maybe they are reversed and I need to try going the other direction?
I've been trying to fix this as well. The only way I've lowered them is by raising the CPU run block but to get a realistic amount of TFLs it makes it almost impossible to stop the CPU run game.
Aweb20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
MVP
 
4thQtrStre5S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: Tackles for Loss

What I have determined/observed is that:

Reaction Time - Higher the slider, the quicker zone players react to the pass, but the slower players react to the run....

Which then, the lower Reaction Time, the quicker reaction to the run, but slower reaction to the pass by players in the zone.
4thQtrStre5S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:09 PM   #5
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Re: Tackles for Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
What I have determined/observed is that:

Reaction Time - Higher the slider, the quicker zone players react to the pass, but the slower players react to the run....

Which then, the lower Reaction Time, the quicker reaction to the run, but slower reaction to the pass by players in the zone.
Turn the Int slider to 0. Pretty sure this slider has an effect on the overall aggressiveness of the D. You'll have to work yourself up from 0. I'm still looking for the sweetspot myself.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:12 AM   #6
MVP
 
4thQtrStre5S's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: Tackles for Loss

Okay - what I believe is happening is - the Sacks recorded are being counted as 1 sack and then also 1 tackle for loss....Hence why there seems to be so many tackles for loss....

I did a count in a game and the highlights showed 6 tackles for loss in the 1st half, but the stats stated I had 12 tackles for loss....

what I did have is 6 sacks, still way to high, being counted also as tackles for losses...

so instead of having 6 tackles for losses and 6 sacks; I had 12 tackles for losses and 6 sacks...
4thQtrStre5S is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #7
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: State Line, Ms
Re: Tackles for Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Okay - what I believe is happening is - the Sacks recorded are being counted as 1 sack and then also 1 tackle for loss....Hence why there seems to be so many tackles for loss....

I did a count in a game and the highlights showed 6 tackles for loss in the 1st half, but the stats stated I had 12 tackles for loss....

what I did have is 6 sacks, still way to high, being counted also as tackles for losses...

so instead of having 6 tackles for losses and 6 sacks; I had 12 tackles for losses and 6 sacks...
Yeah. Sacks are counted as TFL.
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #8
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Tackles for Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Anyone notice a high number of "Tackles for Loss," (TFL) and run across a way to reduce them, or is this another issue along the lines with too many sacks?

In 8 min quarters, as I am doing tests with CPU v CPU, i am getting upwards of 12 TFL a game.

I have tried lowering Penalty sliders such as "Offsides" and raising "Roughing the Kicker," as they are potential sliders that may affect defensive aggressiveness towards the ball carrier. Maybe they are reversed and I need to try going the other direction?

Depends on how you define TFL's... If you count sacks, then I have found them to be somewhat in-line with NFL norms using my beta sliders.... If you are not counting sacks, then I could see where your TFL's look artificially inflated...


The TFL issue that took me several days to figure out was the one when your DT, instantly meets the CPU RB as he is handed the ball in the backfield... It happens occasionally in the NFL, typically in 3rd and short and goal line situations, but I was seeing it on 1st and tens, 2nd and longs, etc....


I believe my beta sliders tamed it, but still an issue that lurks around my gameplay...
theSliderWhisperer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Top -