Your Slider Opinion - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Your Slider Opinion

This is a discussion on Your Slider Opinion within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-18-2014, 10:12 PM   #9
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your Slider Opinion

I think there is a bell curve in both penalty and HUM/CPU sliders....Once you get to the extreme of either side of the slider scale the effects appear to diminish.

On another note - some sliders seem to be directly related and other indirectly related...

My main concern is still trying to find the best offensive run and pass blocking, as I believe football starts there....Issue is, penalties, especially Offsides, False Start, Holding and Clipping can effect offensive line blocking ability.

Offsides, one way or another can increase block shedding for defense.
False Start, effects offensive quickness at snap.
Holding, how long the offensive player holds a block
Clipping, how well offensive players block down field.

Issues I have is the difficulty in testing these as they have to be done in game, and I have read theories that state the complete opposite of which way t go with a slider to get a particular effect...

FOr example - some say that increasing holding causes the blocker to hold the block longer, and is why holding would be called - others say lower rating increases block hold because they are less likely to be called for holding...

So I have no clue at this point.

I assume for truest unmodified player ratings, 50, is the baseline....What is an issue is, what is being added to the player rating by default at each game level? I have heard that the higher the level the greater speed boost the CPU gets...I have no clue. just hearsay for me.

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-18-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 10:14 PM   #10
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynastyyy
Interestingly enough a facemask penalty setting of 55 seems to produce significantly more facemasks than @ 100. Due to the inconsistency of penalty slider effects while using Default settings as your constant, I think this method will be inconclusive. Unfortunately I don't have the time to follow through on abstract theories so I'll keep those crazy puppies in my head. Could get complicated.
Inconsistent...YES! But that is the point and the reason behind eliminating them from the equation. Tweaking penalty sliders while tweaking gameplay sliders is an exercise in futility. When you tune the penalty sliders based only on how often they get called and then leave them alone you can then tune your gameplay sliders as you wish without worrying about the instability that is introduced as soon as you start messing with the penalty sliders. Set them for penalties only and tune the other sliders around them.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-18-2014, 10:26 PM   #11
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I think there is a bell curve in both penalty and HUM/CPU sliders....Once you get to the extreme of either side of the slider scale the effects appear to diminish.

On another note - some sliders seem to be directly related and other indirectly related...

My main concern is still trying to find the best offensive run and pass blocking, as I believe football starts there....Issue is, penalties, especially Offsides, False Start, Holding and Clipping can effect offensive line blocking ability.

Offsides, one way or another can increase block shedding for defense.
False Start, effects offensive quickness at snap.
Holding, how long the offensive player holds a block
Clipping, how well offensive players block down field.

Issues I have is the difficulty in testing these as they have to be done in game, and I have read theories that state the complete opposite of which way t go with a slider to get a particular effect...

FOr example - some say that increasing holding causes the blocker to hold the block longer, and is why holding would be called - others say lower rating increases block hold because they are less likely to be called for holding...

So I have no clue at this point.

I assume for truest unmodified player ratings, 50, is the baseline....What is an issue is, what is being added to the player rating by default at each game level? I have heard that the higher the level the greater speed boost the CPU gets...I have no clue. just hearsay for me.
My man this is the exact reason I am saying set them for penalties only and then tune around them with your other sliders, otherwise they will mess up your "mix". If you can get your gameplay sliders working to your satisfaction don't let the penalty sliders muck it up. If you were able to get the gameplay sliders to work for you with the penalties on default you shouldn't have any problem getting them to work after you have your penalties set for penalties only. By doing it this way you eliminate the unknown penalty affect. If you try to do gameplay first or even worse, both at the same time, you will get caught up in the never ending slider tweaking spiral of death.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #12
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

My issue with penalty sliders is not the amount of penalties called, but how they effect game play... Apparently "Clipping" at 33 is the sweet spot for helping down field blocking on run plays, for example.
Old 10-22-2014, 01:48 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
My issue with penalty sliders is not the amount of penalties called, but how they effect game play... Apparently "Clipping" at 33 is the sweet spot for helping down field blocking on run plays, for example.

Bro:

With as jacked up as Madden has been for years with regards to sliders and gameplay, why would you sweat PEN's affecting gameplay.... The way I see it, if tweaking PEN's means more FUN, then it is alllll goooood.....

Regarding your observation on the CLIP PEN creating better blocking animations, ... Yup, I concur.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »