Home

Your Slider Opinion

This is a discussion on Your Slider Opinion within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2014, 11:48 PM   #1
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

OVR: 0
Your Slider Opinion

What is your opinion as to where sliders represent unmodified player ratings? IS it default 50?

In a thread that discusses the effects of Speed Threshold, it was shown that a threshold of 50 was player rating unmodified speed.

So what is you vote?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 11:00 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Your Slider Opinion

The more I mull this over, the more I feel like 50 is the rating that lets player ratings play out best.
Old 10-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Last night I went with all sliders, HUM & CPU, at 33, and it played very well; still heavy sacks but that potentially be fixed by adjusting certain penalty sliders like "offsides," and "Roughing the KIcker." among other penalty sliders....I say "roughing the kicker" slider because some believe it not only effects the pursuit of players towards the kicker, but overall pursuit aggressiveness...

3 main causes I say, from plays that cause sacks are:

1. Screen plays - (may be able to increase pass blocking or adjust some penalty sliders to make less dramatic)\

2. Corner blitzes

3. Safety blitzes...

Essentially there was no programming in regards to proper blitz pickup, reads or fundamentals to countering a blitz...****le number one by the QB, on a blitz, is to throw to the side the blitz is coming from - not in Madden by the CPU....smh....Clint Oldenberg failed to tell them blitz pickups? Well he did only play 2 NFL games...smh

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-18-2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I am feeling that HUM/CPU sliders at 33 across the board, with the exception of special team sliders, kicking and punting sliders, is for me, showing great results and animations not usually seen..****nning backs are making cuts, WR's are looking for open space to run, before and after catch, and the QB's are scrambling...

what remains is adjusting penalty sliders to reduce the effects of bad plays like screens, corner blitzes and safety blitzes..
Old 10-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I am feeling that HUM/CPU sliders at 33 across the board, with the exception of special team sliders, kicking and punting sliders, is for me, showing great results and animations not usually seen..****nning backs are making cuts, WR's are looking for open space to run, before and after catch, and the QB's are scrambling...

what remains is adjusting penalty sliders to reduce the effects of bad plays like screens, corner blitzes and safety blitzes..
Is this with penalty sliders at default? If so they will most likely wreck the gameplay when you start moving them. I am starting to think we need to set the penalty sliders first, with everything else at default and then tune the other sliders. The penalty sliders are wildly unpredictable, especially with regard to their impact on gameplay as a result I think setting them first will take them out of the "mix" when tuning the other sliders. Like maybe setting DIFF and THRESHOLD, then tuning to get the penalties called as much as possible, without being over the top (I know some will very rarely if at all be called). Finally, tune the other sliders for gameplay. Seems everyone starts out tuning gameplay sliders and when they find a "sweet spot" then begin messing with the penalties and it screws everything up and they end up going back and forth. Theories abound regarding what they affect and how much, but given their erratic behavior, I believe it will be easier to get the gameplay sliders adjusted around them as opposed to the the other way around. This in turn I think will yield more predictable results...I hope!

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #6
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Is this with penalty sliders at default? If so they will most likely wreck the gameplay when you start moving them. I am starting to think we need to set the penalty sliders first, with everything else at default and then tune the other sliders. The penalty sliders are wildly unpredictable, especially with regard to their impact on gameplay as a result I think setting them first will take them out of the "mix" when tuning the other sliders. Like maybe setting DIFF and THRESHOLD, then tuning to get the penalties called as much as possible, without being over the top (I know some will very rarely if at all be called). Finally, tune the other sliders for gameplay. Seems everyone starts out tuning gameplay sliders and when they find a "sweet spot" then begin messing with the penalties and it screws everything up and they end up going back and forth. Theories abound regarding what they affect and how much, but given their erratic behavior, I believe it will be easier to get the gameplay sliders adjusted around them as opposed to the the other way around. This in turn I think will yield more predictable results...I hope!
Penalty sliders at default...and yes, as I start playing with the penalty sliders, the game becomes unstable.....
Old 10-18-2014, 06:27 PM   #7
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Penalty sliders at default...and yes, as I start playing with the penalty sliders, the game becomes unstable.....
Exactly, that's the word I was looking for! That's why I'm going to set them to play as best they can penalty wise and forget them. In other words, at least for me, I will set them as high as possible but avoid excessive calls. Stuff that never gets call I will set at 99-100, like OPI and DPI. Others I will adjust accordingly, but I don't want to see 12 facemask calls just to make up for other penalties that don't get called. So, that will be somewhere around 52-53. OS, FS and HOLD will probably be pretty high, 75 or more, along with CLIP. The only one I'm a little undecided on is IG, I've seen it everywhere between 1-100 and I've played with 1, 10, 50, 100...and in all honesty I don't see much difference. May just live it at default.

With those set I think tuning the other sliders will be much less difficult. Though far from perfect, I think we have a fairly decent understanding of what they do and even how they affect other areas of the gameplay. And, unlike the penalty sliders, they would seem to be much easier to work with and far more consistent.

"If you work for a living, why do you kill yourself working?" -Tuco
Old 10-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
Banned

Interestingly enough a facemask penalty setting of 55 seems to produce significantly more facemasks than @ 100. Due to the inconsistency of penalty slider effects while using Default settings as your constant, I think this method will be inconclusive. Unfortunately I don't have the time to follow through on abstract theories so I'll keep those crazy puppies in my head. Could get complicated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »