JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 102 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-31-2014, 06:31 AM   #809
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

How is 62 the most accurate when the QB always gets injured? That's not very realistic, and that's the problem with injuries this year. You always end up playing the backup QB, and only skill players get injured due to the tackle animation triggering it. I've settled on default 50.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:22 AM   #810
Rookie

Rickyfins75's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWood56
It says in the OP. Lower human run block for tougher running game. Its set at 35. You have some leeway there. I have mine at 1 personally.
Im curious where you have cpu rbk set? Ive been going back to hum rbk at 5 and cpu rbk at 10. Three straight games where both sides had less than 100 yards so i started to think it was way too low again. But then boom, i played Buffalo and Moreno and Spiller both had huge 100 yard plus days. Im still taking notes on play action sacks and the possibility of reduced penalties as a result of lowering rbk so drastically while searching for a happy medium. So far im liking what i see.

I love this set and think that FistOfRage and Josh both do amazing work im just personally trying to get minus 100 yard games as often as plus 100 yard games without corrupting the balance this set creates. I play very laid back. Quick playcall (only take the play shown), no assists and NEVER switch, no off/def adjustments, no hot routing, only audible on 3rd and short or if i read the defense. Its very unorthodox but its how ive always played.

I do see more sacks and less penalties this way so if anyone has a better suggestion solely based on my playstyle id love to hear it. When i use rbk at 35/30 like the OP i get too many yards and get ran over every game. Thanks guys have a Happy New Year!

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 12-31-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #811
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Mike
Ok, I'm officially confused with this thread. It seams like no one is using the sliders on the first page?
We are still using the OP set at the moment (kpeercy and TheWood56 have been discussing something different)....apologies for the confusion.

As to your comment on the run game....are you running exclusively out of the shotgun/pistol or are you finding it too easy playing a sim style? Also, do you call your own plays? I find that using the "quick" play calls or "coach suggestions" makes the game too easy as the game tends to suggest the most effective (i.e. cheese) plays far too often.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #812
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforeseenx
61 and 62 are the most realistic Injury sliders you can set. They generally keep in line with the simmed injuries. Anything lower and you don't get enough injuries. 62 is by far the most accurate, however when set the QB for some reason gets hurt ridiculously easy and 90% of the time after one game your punter will be your starter. 61 is almost right on target and a suitable substitute.
Quote:
How is 62 the most accurate when the QB always gets injured? That's not very realistic, and that's the problem with injuries this year. You always end up playing the backup QB, and only skill players get injured due to the tackle animation triggering it. I've settled on default 50.
I agree with TheWood here....I have seen way too many QB injuries at 50 and above....which is unfortunate as I prefer a higher setting myself.
Old 12-31-2014, 10:29 AM   #813
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Can't help you then without potentially breaking other aspects of gameplay. Maybe it's just your Cowboys in your CFM. If you're dominating every game, their confidence would be peaking, and Cowboys at default are a dominant run team as it is. One of the best in the league, with Murray arguably the best RB. Combine that with the exploited shotgun runs, and there's your outcome.

Obviously you could go to the full extreme with HUM run block and fumbles 0, and CPU tackle 100. Also offsides 100, holding 0, false start 0. That's the complete extreme, and it's much simpler to make the gameplay easier as opposed to harder from that point on. That method would almost certainly guarantee other aspects of the game to suffer but. I'd actually love to hear your results using those changes on All-Madden. That's essentially the hardest you could make the running game in M15.
CPU tackle at 100 would actually make it more easy to run. LBs won't take proper pursuit angles at that setting and will constantly get stuck on the O-line. Shotgun running in this game is significantly easier on this game than it should be - I agree.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 12-31-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:12 AM   #814
Pro

I don't see a realistic number of turnovers with these settings. Fumbles on run plays are very rare. I've seen some strip-sack-fumbles by a QB but I haven't seen a RB fumble in 8 games. Also, I have only seen 6 INTs in 8 games (3 by my team, 3 by the CPU). All those 8 games were played in "Coach Mode", I only called the plays and did the kicking/punting.

Maybe a slight increase in INT & Fumble sliders could help these settings? Are there any side-effects to that (e.g. the AI refusing to throw deep with a higher INT slider)???

Last edited by burnum; 12-31-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:00 PM   #815
Rookie

I'm saying that 62 WOULD be the most realistic if not for the QB injury. Now I've played 43 games on CFM with the 61 slider set. I scramble often and with a bad O-line I get sacked 2-3 times per game. My QB DOES get a minor injury about once per game. However during that time he has only been knocked out of the game twice. Once for a game during the first season I played, and once for 6 weeks during the second pre-season because I kept him in the whole game.

I can't see how your getting so many QB injuries below 61. I slowly point by point increased the slider while doing a set up season, and I rarely saw any injuries including QB on anything less than 60. Maybe 1 every 4 or 5 games. And never to the QB. Like seriously NEVER not even once. I let him get sacked like 70 times and ran the ball right into defensive tackles on purpose. No injuries to QB until around 59-60.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:29 PM   #816
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforeseenx
I'm saying that 62 WOULD be the most realistic if not for the QB injury. Now I've played 43 games on CFM with the 61 slider set. I scramble often and with a bad O-line I get sacked 2-3 times per game. My QB DOES get a minor injury about once per game. However during that time he has only been knocked out of the game twice. Once for a game during the first season I played, and once for 6 weeks during the second pre-season because I kept him in the whole game.

I can't see how your getting so many QB injuries below 61. I slowly point by point increased the slider while doing a set up season, and I rarely saw any injuries including QB on anything less than 60. Maybe 1 every 4 or 5 games. And never to the QB. Like seriously NEVER not even once. I let him get sacked like 70 times and ran the ball right into defensive tackles on purpose. No injuries to QB until around 59-60.
Interesting, I'll have to check this out. Curious is this is related to hit power though....as such, what are your TAK sliders set to? Also, what about stamina?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »