JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 103 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #817
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

I have to agree with Josh and TheWood here, at anything above 50 the QB gets injured way too often. I am playing as the Vikings and Bridgewater gets hurt on just about any hit he takes with injuries above 50.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 12-31-2014, 04:17 PM   #818
Rookie

OVR: 0

Fatigue is at 70(though I am going to lower it to like 65), CPU Tackle is at 48, Human Tackling is at 40(was at 38, but AI was breaking too many tackles...there was no difference in AI injuries)

Now one thing that can increase the number of injuries YOU deal to the AI is using the hit stick to make a power hit on the opposing QB I have ended the seasons of both Tony Romo AND Drew Brees by doing this.
Old 12-31-2014, 05:33 PM   #819
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I've been working off and on the last few days on refining the sliders. Yes, I like how version 4.0 is playing, but there are things I want to improve upon:
  • Dynamicism in line play. We're essentially using a line setup right now that has a line dynamic that is very static to reduce sacks. This has resulted in inflated rushing numbers but is no longer necessary once one understands how the Intentional Grounding slider works, as I now do. So, no more PBK at 0, no more attempts to reduce pass rush effectiveness. If you have a great front seven, you will be rewarded. If you have a crappy front seven and have to blitz - you will be taking a risk of getting burned.
  • Less "pinball tackling". We're going back to lower TAK settings and lower facemask settings to get more wrap-up action. You'll have to earn those big plays when playing 'sim' football.
  • Better differentiation in QB styles. I want to see a conservative dink-and-dunk guy like Kyle Orton play like himself and more aggressive gunslingers like Jay Cutler play like he does (the good and the bad). With the properly set IG slider, we can now do that.
  • Better humanization of the CPU. Reducing the "all madden effect" is the most difficult challenge - it isn't easy to overcome - but we're getting closer.
Version 5 will be coming soon!!
Old 12-31-2014, 05:57 PM   #820
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Has there been a post explaining how IG works that I missed? I have been in the process of moving from california to florida and just now getting settled in and it appears I have missed some important discovery on a slider...
Old 12-31-2014, 06:14 PM   #821
Rookie

Josh, just wondering if you've ever considered lowering CPU QBA to 3, i feel like that's the best setting there, I could be wrong though just wondering your thoughts
Old 12-31-2014, 07:51 PM   #822
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Has there been a post explaining how IG works that I missed? I have been in the process of moving from california to florida and just now getting settled in and it appears I have missed some important discovery on a slider...
No, I haven't posted it yet...figured I'd build-up some drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralsHockey
Josh, just wondering if you've ever considered lowering CPU QBA to 3, i feel like that's the best setting there, I could be wrong though just wondering your thoughts
It's under consideration for version 5.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:12 PM   #823
Banned

Been testing sliders... waiting... for... ver 5.0...

Old 12-31-2014, 09:36 PM   #824
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I've been working off and on the last few days on refining the sliders. Yes, I like how version 4.0 is playing, but there are things I want to improve upon:
  • Dynamicism in line play. We're essentially using a line setup right now that has a line dynamic that is very static to reduce sacks. This has resulted in inflated rushing numbers but is no longer necessary once one understands how the Intentional Grounding slider works, as I now do. So, no more PBK at 0, no more attempts to reduce pass rush effectiveness. If you have a great front seven, you will be rewarded. If you have a crappy front seven and have to blitz - you will be taking a risk of getting burned.
  • Less "pinball tackling". We're going back to lower TAK settings and lower facemask settings to get more wrap-up action. You'll have to earn those big plays when playing 'sim' football.
  • Better differentiation in QB styles. I want to see a conservative dink-and-dunk guy like Kyle Orton play like himself and more aggressive gunslingers like Jay Cutler play like he does (the good and the bad). With the properly set IG slider, we can now do that.
  • Better humanization of the CPU. Reducing the "all madden effect" is the most difficult challenge - it isn't easy to overcome - but we're getting closer.
Version 5 will be coming soon!!
I, for one, will be glad to see this, I have never been a fan of the "0" PBK. Every time I try it I see linemen standing around doing nothing and D-linemen running right in on the QB. Very interested to see what you come up with.

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »