JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 12 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-21-2014, 12:51 PM   #89
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjrosco
Prove us wrong Wiz and release your set that we all keep hearing about.
I'm curious about his settings as well, but also understand his apprehension with regard to hosting and moderating a slider thread...

Simple "workaround"?

Post them in Arena as a Blog...

Old 10-21-2014, 01:25 PM   #90
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I'm curious about his settings as well, but also understand his apprehension with regard to hosting and moderating a slider thread...

Simple "workaround"?

Post them in Arena as a Blog...

Hmmm, I am curious....

How would this work? Please note that by NO MEANS am I technologically inclined, so if this is a viable workaround, I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to share my knowledge...

Could someone layout the steps that would have to be taken to consider this suggestion?
Old 10-21-2014, 02:24 PM   #91
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingWiz
Hmmm, I am curious....

How would this work? Please note that by NO MEANS am I technologically inclined, so if this is a viable workaround, I would be MORE THAN HAPPY to share my knowledge...

Could someone layout the steps that would have to be taken to consider this suggestion?
Up on the top left of this page you'll see "My Arena"

Click on that and you'll see "Blog", then "Write a New Blog Entry"...

Simply post them there and you'll have shared them without the responsibility of hosting a thread...

You can also go to MY (KingV2k3) Arena and check out the slider posts I out in my blog for M25...simply click on my highlighted user name above my avatar and you'll see and option to go to MY Arena...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 10-21-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #92
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

@ Booker: Yes, on this set, CPU QBs do miss more passes than they should, and on Charter's AM 3.0 set, they don't miss enough.

I believe there's a happy medium between the two sets, and I'm working to find it.

@ Josh: This set gets sacks right, I think--it's as good or better than any AM set for that. There are a couple of things that I'm noticing that might merit attention:
1. The CPU DBs warp a bit too much for my tastes; they seem to be able to go around and through HUM WR too quickly, which may be the INT slider or the Reaction slider.
2. HUM man coverage seems too loose. The completion percentages work out pretty well for the most part, but this is largely due to 4-5 more complete misfires per game @ QBA 2 than at other settings with other sliders. I like the misfires, but I'm wondering if there are just slightly too many. I would like to see a few more incompletions due to HUM DBs contesting the catch and a few less incompletions due to wild inaccuracy. The fix there could be the INT slider, which doesn't necessarily produce INTs, but rather aggressive plays on the ball.
3. There are far too many missed tackles by HUM defenders, and the HUM DL seems to get manhandled a bit more than I'd like. I also think HUM pursuit angles could be improved a tad. Not sure what to adjust for that.

That aside, this is a very nice set, and it plays pretty well. I've had very fun games with good stat lines as a result.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #93
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
@ Booker: Yes, on this set, CPU QBs do miss more passes than they should, and on Charter's AM 3.0 set, they don't miss enough.

I believe there's a happy medium between the two sets, and I'm working to find it.

@ Josh: This set gets sacks right, I think--it's as good or better than any AM set for that. There are a couple of things that I'm noticing that might merit attention:
1. The CPU DBs warp a bit too much for my tastes; they seem to be able to go around and through HUM WR too quickly, which may be the INT slider or the Reaction slider.
2. HUM man coverage seems too loose. The completion percentages work out pretty well for the most part, but this is largely due to 4-5 more complete misfires per game @ QBA 2 than at other settings with other sliders. I like the misfires, but I'm wondering if there are just slightly too many. I would like to see a few more incompletions due to HUM DBs contesting the catch and a few less incompletions due to wild inaccuracy. The fix there could be the INT slider, which doesn't necessarily produce INTs, but rather aggressive plays on the ball.
3. There are far too many missed tackles by HUM defenders, and the HUM DL seems to get manhandled a bit more than I'd like. I also think HUM pursuit angles could be improved a tad. Not sure what to adjust for that.

That aside, this is a very nice set, and it plays pretty well. I've had very fun games with good stat lines as a result.
Funny, I think zone D is way worse than man with these, I have had to go almost exclusively to man to avoid getting torched. I am getting sacks but most are coming from the DEs and LB/DB blitzs. I control one of the DTs and I have like 1 or 2 sacks in 5 games, the DTs are definitely having a tough time. However they do seem to be facing double teams a lot. I would agree the CPU pass D is very tight, with little margin for error.

On an side note, I had an unnecessary roughness call against the CPU for tackling my WR out of bounds, never seen that before!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-21-2014, 03:26 PM   #94
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
Funny, I think zone D is way worse than man with these, I have had to go almost exclusively to man to avoid getting torched. I am getting sacks but most are coming from the DEs and LB/DB blitzs. I control one of the DTs and I have like 1 or 2 sacks in 5 games, the DTs are definitely having a tough time. However they do seem to be facing double teams a lot. I would agree the CPU pass D is very tight, with little margin for error.

On an side note, I had an unnecessary roughness call against the CPU for tackling my WR out of bounds, never seen that before!
I think this set excels w/ the sack issue. When I get them, it's either an extreme coverage sack or it's a stud rusher simply winning his battle 2-3 times per game. No more scrubs getting 3 sacks per game b/c of the All Pro CPU QB AI. And you have to engineer the rush on AM, putting solid play calls together to vary the levels from which you're bringing pressure and the directions to which you're directing it.

That aspect of having to call a good game and not being able to play vanilla D unless you have monsters up front is really represented well on AM and with this set.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:39 PM   #95
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
My problem with these set is CPU QB are very bad. Some games they do great but then they have really, i mean off the chart (to the low side) games.

The other day P.Manning had 40% 180yds and because of these i win easily. What i did was rise CPU QB ACC to 7 and leave all D at 25.
On the other hand 6QB acc for me is no good. I`m too good at that value. Human QB ACC cant`go above 5.

Unless there is another conspiracy theory, these changes shouldn`t hurt QB taking sacks. But with madden you never know lol
Curious as to your results with these? and what do you mean leave all D at 25?
Old 10-21-2014, 04:18 PM   #96
MVP

OVR: 3

@JoshC1977

Another quick question....Do you have the tuner update deleted (or did you keep it)? For instance, in SECElit3's slider set (for FBG rosters) he advised that his sliders were devised with the tuner update deleted.

Please let me know when you have a chance! Thanks man! Lookin' forward to seeing if this is the slider set I will roll with using the EA rosters...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »