Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2015, 11:14 AM   #1009
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast49ers
I feel like the 5.0 All Madden set provides a really good challenge for me but i see some All-Madden BS like DB's warping to balls and such. My QB play is pretty dreadful on All-Madden, but the PRO set is just way too easy for me. I have tried some All-Pro sets on OS but they are too easy as well. I think I will stick with the 5.0 version as it the only one that forces me to try and be a better player. On Pro, i feel like no matter what play i call it is going to be successful most of the time.
You can always bump up the human QBA to your skill level. This slider should not impact anything else.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:53 AM   #1010
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
You can always bump up the human QBA to your skill level. This slider should not impact anything else.
Excellent. I was fearful that changing human QBA would break everything. I will bump it up a click or two.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:50 PM   #1011
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

As an update, I have added this to the OP to hopefully explain better what I believe each slider does.

Penalties

False start: Higher settings give O-line a faster jump.

Offsides: Higher settings give d-linemen a faster jump and greater block-shedding abilities.

Holding:
Higher settings causes more holding animations to occur (mainly on pass blocking) - this can assist in improving blocking.

Facemask: Higher settings will result in bigger hits on tackles and more fumbles, but also more broken tackles. Lower settings will result in more wrap-up tackles but fewer fumbles.

OPI: The higher it is, the more likely the receiver is to dive for a catch or run through a catch. If it is at a low setting, receivers will do anything they can to make the "safe" catch (they will almost never leave their feet, jump for a ball, etc.).

DPI: Set this at one point below OPI for tight, but fair, coverage.

KRI: The higher this is, the more quickly defenders react to a play. Set it too high and mis-direction plays (like read option plays, jet sweeps, etc.) become too powerful.

IG: Affects QB AI. See my IG thread for further details.

RTP: Higher settings may may result in QBs getting rid of the ball more quickly.

RTK: Tough one to pin down. Low settings seem to improve pursuit. However, go too low and defenders will sometimes stop (as though they have ADD and can't decide who to go after)

Human Sliders

Human QBA: How accurate your QB throws. A setting of 5 is pretty much the only setting that will give you offline throws.

Human PBK: How much time your line gives you on pass plays.

Human WRC: Can WRs catch the ball?

Human Fumbles: Lower settings will cause more fumbles.

Human RBK: How well your line blocks on run plays.

Human PCV: Lower values means that DBs stick to their routes more, high values mean they bat down more passes. However, if you bump it up too much, CBs will actually stop in the middle of the route. If you lower it too much, you will get mirroring where the DBs will actually be out in front of the WR running the same pattern (which also takes them out of run plays more often). I believe that with most slider sets, a range of 20 - 30 is the optimal value for balancing this. If it is too low, you may get too many coverage sacks.

Human INT: Higher value, more success picking off passes. May influence how often a DB goes for an interception.

Human Pass Reaction: More of a tendency slider. A setting of 50 is balanced. Below 50 and defenders will gear themselves more towards the run. Above 50 and they will gear themselves more towards the pass.

CPU Sliders

CPU QBA: How accurate the QB throws. You must calibrate the IG slider anytime you change this.

CPU PBK: How long does the line hold its blocks on pass plays?

CPU WRC: Can WRs catch the ball?

CPU Fumbles:Interesting slider here as it effectively lowers the ratings of all RBs (and possibly other skill position players). If you set this to 50 and above, the CPU RBs will not use their special moves and will just start running like bowling balls (even the small scatbacks). I refer to this as "left-stick running", as it is akin to a human player running the ball using nothing but the left stick on your controller. I think a setting of around 40 is a 'sweet spot'.

CPU RBK: Same as Human RBK.

CPU PCV: Lower values means that DBs stick to their routes more, high values mean they bat down more passes. However, if you bump it up too much, CBs will actually stop in the middle of the route. If you lower it too much, you will get mirroring where the DBs will actually be out in front of the WR running the same pattern (which also takes them out of run plays more often). Same as for Human PCV, a setting of 20-30 seems to work well.

CPU INT: Higher value, more success picking off passes. May influence how often a DB goes for an interception.

CPU Pass Reaction: More of a tendency slider. A setting of 50 is balanced. Below 50 and defenders will gear themselves more towards the run. Above 50 and they will gear themselves more towards the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 08:16 PM   #1012
Rookie

The Visualizer's Arena

OVR: 6

Thanks for the breakdown Josh!

Old 01-14-2015, 09:43 PM   #1013
Rookie

Bama man 42's Arena

OVR: 0

Here is the thing , I am a recovering multi player online franchise guy . I am done with the online stuff , way to much of a headache for me right now (maybe someday) . As for now I want to start my own OFFLINE franchise with the Cowboys and try to enjoy myself . I need some advice or ideas on how to operate this to HAVE SOME FUN . I really want player ratings to matter . The Cowboys have a good team but a weak defense . I want to see that in my games .

Last edited by Bama man 42; 01-15-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:10 PM   #1014
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Has anyone played the AM 5.0 set on normal speed and 50 threshold? If so, do they still play ok? I simply prefer normal game speed vs slow.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:28 PM   #1015
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm going to have to try these out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2015, 07:29 PM   #1016
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama man 42
Here is the thing , I am a recovering multi player online franchise guy . I am done with the online stuff , way to much of a headache for me right now (maybe someday) . As for now I want to start my own OFFLINE franchise with the Cowboys and try to enjoy myself . I need some advice or ideas on how to operate this to HAVE SOME FUN . I really want player ratings to matter . The Cowboys have a good team but a weak defense . I want to see that in my games .
Not sure what your skill level is, but playing against others, I'd assume you're pretty solid. I think the version 5.0 all madden set does a nice job of making ratings matter while providing a solid challenge. The Pro set is also quite good and also provides what I consider to be a more realistic challenge. I'd give each a try for a couple of games and see which you prefer.

Just make sure you adjust the sliders in the main menu and then load them using the triangle button (or XBone equivalent) instead of adjusting them manually in your CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »