JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 139 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2015, 07:32 PM   #1105
Pro
 
gman2774's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 788
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Truth be told....neither. I have had the worst sort of trouble settling in with this game. Part of it is that I don't enjoy the NFL game as much as I once did and I get bored very quickly.

The other thing is the game itself. I really want this game to play as well as our NCAA 14 set does - just for the NFL. However, man coverage for the user is ridiculously bad on All Madden (and not much better on AP) and I can't seem to get the right mix for my skill level on Pro (although it does play nicely). Those factors, combined with my natural slideritis, has put me in this mode where I keep vacillating from one thing to another and the frustration has mounted. I'm really happy that people are enjoying my sets, but my relative disinterest in the NFL game (relative to college) has me nit-picking every little thing that I don't like.

I am actually considering going back to the drawing board and trying some different things (like higher thresholds). Virtually every set here (including mine) has threshold at or below 50 and most have one or more of the major issues that have driven me absolutely crazy. Maybe a higher thresh can give us a better balance....
I feel your pain. I appreciate your work on the sliders but I'm having the same issue. I just can't settle in. So many variables and mysteries to this game. The cause and effect to making adjustments is mind boggling. I think things are so entangled that not even EA could guide us at this point. It's a shame cause the game does have potential and is capable of providing a good game of football from time to time. Just not consistently. I've never seen so many theories on how to get the game to play "well". Just today some of the best slider creators (you, charter, and king) are posting ideas still trying to get consistency from this game. . It's time for me to make a decision. Either put the game away or pick a set and play them out for better or for worse. Accept it for what it is. I can't remember a game where such dedicated players/slider creators just can't adjust and settle in to get what they're looking for in this game. That alone is a feat for EA! Lol
gman2774 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:41 PM   #1106
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
I feel your pain. I appreciate your work on the sliders but I'm having the same issue. I just can't settle in. So many variables and mysteries to this game. The cause and effect to making adjustments is mind boggling. I think things are so entangled that not even EA could guide us at this point. It's a shame cause the game does have potential and is capable of providing a good game of football from time to time. Just not consistently. I've never seen so many theories on how to get the game to play "well". Just today some of the best slider creators (you, charter, and king) are posting ideas still trying to get consistency from this game. . It's time for me to make a decision. Either put the game away or pick a set and play them out for better or for worse. Accept it for what it is. I can't remember a game where such dedicated players/slider creators just can't adjust and settle in to get what they're looking for in this game. That alone is a feat for EA! Lol
Yeah, EAs built-in slider minigame is set to Hard this year.

It's really frustrating when it is NFL Draft season and we are still working on sliders (although I have to give king credit on his set...it is solid, but as you said, he is still looking at things). I'm probably going to start with a higher threshold, set QBA and penalties to defined levels and then keep everything at default and see what I see.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:15 PM   #1107
Pro
 
StefJoeHalt's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Hartford, Ct
JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, EAs built-in slider minigame is set to Hard this year.

It's really frustrating when it is NFL Draft season and we are still working on sliders (although I have to give king credit on his set...it is solid, but as you said, he is still looking at things). I'm probably going to start with a higher threshold, set QBA and penalties to defined levels and then keep everything at default and see what I see.

Was going to bring this up too King as well..maybe default all pro with main menu set to All Madden..with some tweaks obviously..?

Edit: feel like I bailed on All Pro to quick..I remember really enjoying the game when it first came out on near default..I believe I ended up jumping to All Madden after a patch dropped..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 02-02-2015 at 11:19 PM.
StefJoeHalt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:26 AM   #1108
Senior Circuit
 
KingV2k3's Arena
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 5,800
Blog Entries: 5
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
I've never seen so many theories on how to get the game to play "well". Just today some of the best slider creators (you, charter, and king) are posting ideas still trying to get consistency from this game. . It's time for me to make a decision. Either put the game away or pick a set and play them out for better or for worse. Accept it for what it is.
Thanks for the props and I couldn't agree with you more about "Acceptance"...



I have been immersed in my MIN CCM since late November or so, because I only ended up making minor tweaks to QBA / DPI / PCV over the course of one test season and two "keeper" seasons...

I don't do "re-starts", because I just want to build a team and play out multiple seasons too much to let "slider-itis" spoil that party...I tweak and keep going...

That's also one of the reasons I always work as close to default as possible...and since I use more of a "stats based" approach, playing out seasons is essential to the end result...I need the accumulated numbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, EAs built-in slider minigame is set to Hard this year.

It's really frustrating when it is NFL Draft season and we are still working on sliders (although I have to give king credit on his set...it is solid, but as you said, he is still looking at things). I'm probably going to start with a higher threshold, set QBA and penalties to defined levels and then keep everything at default and see what I see.
Thanks for the compliment!

The sack issue and the removal of the former slider interface have made sliders tougher than they should be for a couple years now...

Level: Hard, indeed!

Anyway:

Thresh is a funny thing...I think it's "accurate" at 45 or possibly 40, but decided to keep it at default because that move is relatively "small" compared to what the unintended consequences of moving it may lead to...

I'd be curious if something around 55 / 60 would bring the relative speeds of the OL and DL closer, thereby helping with the main issue (sacks) and then work out from there?

I did that with an early build of NCAA 14 and liked how it made the game play a more "defensive" game of football...it seems to me that lower values make the game more of a shootout and the higher lead to more ground and pound...

Overall, anything too extreme with any of the sliders or options is like trying to "re-code" the game (IMHO) and that sets the "slider bar" higher than "Hard"...

Big Ups to anyone who can pull that off, but I'm NOT putting that kind of time in...gots to play ball...



Lastly:

One of the main issues with the game this year is the relative disparity in ratings for the defensive front seven versus the offensive line...the CPU roster building AI values the former and does not value the latter...can't tell you how many times I face a team with about 3 of the 5 O Line guys being rated at FA levels or below...hard to account for that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Was going to bring this up too King as well..maybe default all pro with main menu set to All Madden..with some tweaks obviously..?

Edit: feel like I bailed on All Pro to quick..I remember really enjoying the game when it first came out on near default..I believe I ended up jumping to All Madden after a patch dropped..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FWIW: I tried the "menu trick" with AM in the Main Menu and AP in CCM and it played more like AP than AM...

I usually prefer AP, but this year I agree with Trojan Man...the CPU QB AI / Pocket Presence is a no go / wheel spinner on AP...

There was NO way on AP that I could strike a balance that could sustain keeping the sack issue at bay...

The rest of the game played better than AM, but that one thing was a "Level Killer" for me this year...

Oh well, once again...perhaps it can be done, but I'm going to continue to roll with what I've got and make minor moves as needed...

Regards gents!
KingV2k3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #1109
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

For those of you still having sack issues, try the CPU pass block at 0. You would think that would raise the sack number, but it really does seem to affect QB AI and it has resulted in better pocket awareness. The CPU QB is much more willing to get rid of the ball early and I've seen a lot fewer coverage sacks with the CPU pass block at 0. It has also resulted in more realistic CPU completion percentages.
Melicant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #1110
All Star
 
JoshC1977's Arena
 
OVR: 5
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SF East Bay Area
Blog Entries: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melicant
For those of you still having sack issues, try the CPU pass block at 0. You would think that would raise the sack number, but it really does seem to affect QB AI and it has resulted in better pocket awareness. The CPU QB is much more willing to get rid of the ball early and I've seen a lot fewer coverage sacks with the CPU pass block at 0. It has also resulted in more realistic CPU completion percentages.
Tried it (see previous sets) and hated it as linemen too often look lost in space and there is no dynamicism in line play.
__________________
"Sim" is not about what is not about what is in the game, but rather in how you play it.
JoshC1977 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:48 AM   #1111
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Tried it (see previous sets) and hated it as linemen too often look lost in space and there is no dynamicism in line play.
I will somewhat agree with you there, but it does vastly improve two major issues (Robo QB and Sacks). Blocks are released/picked back up with much greater frequency and those very short disruptions in block sustain seem to greatly affect QB AI. Anything over 0 and the QB seems to have way too many plays with an unrealistic amount of time and takes multiple coverage sacks (or gets additional completions because the defense can't sustain coverage for that long).
Melicant is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 12:16 AM   #1112
Rookie
 
Rickyfins75's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Syracuse, NY
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Im honestly starting to think that with the gameplay tuning option inside cfm set to YES everyones getting their main menu settings and sliders layered on to their cfm settings and sliders.

Ive seen some guys on the boards saying you have to import sliders every game and it got me thinking. Ive seen the recent theories floating around about setting main menu to AP and cfm set to AM to see a difference which ive tried and it works. Also ive seen people say setting gameplay tuning option to NO gives a smoother game, also works.


I think its because if its set to NO it cuts off the main menu stuff and leaves you with solely with your cfm settings.


Its set by default to YES and alot of people leave their main menu settings and sliders alone once they import them especially after they get the dreaded "nfc title/profile wipeout do-over". Or some guys just prefer to make their adjustments/tweaks inside cfm. The restart drove me nuts so i didnt redo my main menu settings i just went into my cfm and my gameplay always felt off right after. I think i was playing with default main menu settings layered onto my cfm settings.


Basically its make sure everything matches up in both or set it to NO or your gonna get a layered game.
__________________
Fortis et fidus

Last edited by Rickyfins75; 02-06-2015 at 12:21 AM.
Rickyfins75 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:36 AM.

Top -