JoshC1977s M15 Set - Page 14 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

JoshC1977s M15 Set

This is a discussion on JoshC1977s M15 Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-21-2014, 09:01 PM   #105
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977s M15 Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
I would agree here and have a little theory on the 0 pass block and why we maybe seeing better results than say on the high side of the scale. I think that the defense with the new moves are over matching the o line 1 on 1, and to raise the block slider would be the rational next move. I think that raising the slider does give an "assist" to the individual lineman, but maybe raising that slider actually tells the AI that that each lineman doesn't need help because of the "assist" it's receiving. With that happening I think that's when you see sacks start to raise because of the normal overpowering defensive moves and blitzes going through without being picked up.

On the complete opposite side of the spectrum at 0 pass block is it possible that the cpu realizes it does not have any "assist"? Now you see more double teams, blitz pickups, and overall less sacks because of the AI kicking in to now help where it wasn't seeing that with the slider increased.

Just a theory but I also see and feel the difference with the RB slider. With it at 0 you have complete control over the RB as soon as he gets the ball and there is no suction into the hole the RB feels it needs to go. With that slider raised you can let go of the control and the RB will lead you into the first couple steps leaving no control to you, like a cpu " assist" so to speak.

Just my 2 two cents but for whatever reason this set on AP is really good.
Well, I would be the first to admit that anything is possible with regards to EA, however, I think this is giving a little too much credit to the programing logic of this game. Remember, these are the same guys that took years to correct the wind direction indicator. I just think sometimes we over think these things, like when people start saying certain penalty sliders make the players act a particular way because they know a penalty will or will not be called. IMO, that is a big stretch. Don't get me wrong, I firmly believe the penalty sliders affect gameplay, but I don't think it is programed to be that way, I think it is just an unintentional side affect. Given the fact they can't even tell us definitively how the gameplay sliders work I think it is pretty far fetched to think then programed the penalty sliders to also affect gameplay and that the two were "designed" to work in tandem. This is EA we're talking about!

"Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle 'Dixie'?" -The Outlaw, Josie Wales
Old 10-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #106
MVP

OVR: 3

@JoshC1977 -

Thanks for the response regarding the tuner....Are you by chance doing an Offline CFM with this slider set? And I'm wondering...In CFM, there is an option for Player Progression (for the CPU)...Do you have that set to Weekly or End of Season?
Old 10-21-2014, 09:11 PM   #107
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_james
Only tweaks I made to this was 30 on tkl. Any suggestions on how to fix the zone coverage problem? Also I tried tkl at 35 but was able to get 9 sacks (wonder if TKL slider is the reason for all the sacks)... I played it at 30 before and it seamed nice, only problem was the monstrous run yards.
So Metal, your seeing a zone issue as well? I posted about this a couple of pages back but got no response so I figured it was just me.

Old 10-21-2014, 09:28 PM   #108
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes, I found whenever I did a zone cover I was giving up way to many yards. Could just be my playing, but seemed like it was more than before.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:33 PM   #109
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_james
Yes, I found whenever I did a zone cover I was giving up way to many yards. Could just be my playing, but seemed like it was more than before.
I'm actually seeing the same thing. On the set I was using previously I was calling mainly zones and my D was holding up pretty well. Since switching to this set I find myself calling almost all man coverage because in zone I am getting lit up.

Any ideas on addressing this Josh? Thanks!

Old 10-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #110
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Gunfighter
I'm actually seeing the same thing. On the set I was using previously I was calling mainly zones and my D was holding up pretty well. Since switching to this set I find myself calling almost all man coverage because in zone I am getting lit up.

Any ideas on addressing this Josh? Thanks!
What set were you using previously? I'd like to see those settings if you know them; that might help diagnose the issue....
Old 10-21-2014, 09:41 PM   #111
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Maybe that's why we get less sacks? More open zones

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #112
"I reckon so."

Last Gunfighter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
What set were you using previously? I'd like to see those settings if you know them; that might help diagnose the issue....
Sure, here's what I was using.

User/CPU

QBA - 25
PB - 65/80
WRC - 46
RB - 55/65
FUM - 45
PDR - 60
INT - 33
PDC - 46
TAK - 5

Penalties

OS - 99
FS - 75
HOLD - 75
FM - 53
DPI - 99
OPI - 99
PCI - 50
CLIP - 75
IG - 50
RTP - 50
RTK - 50

Thanks for your help. Really loving the gameplay with these, even with the zone issue. It has just forced me to change up my D and rely on man to man, but I don't like being forced into a particular coverage, I'd prefer to be able to use the entire defensive plalybook.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »